Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 10, 2010, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    yet another reason why you remind me of a very dear friend.

although, I'm more than a little in love with her. we were supposed to date a few years back, but she let the fact that I'm a girl scare her off. she's marrying my high school sweetheart this october. they're cute together. i did finally get to kiss her last weekend, though.

sometimes i am such a GIRL! if i weren't so sentimental, I'd be irritated at myself.
    You know, (and since this is Alty's thread, I'm going there), I traveld down that road a while back, I guess it wasn't for me. I had given (and still do) up all hope on men, and tried my swing at the ladies. It was fun, but something just didn't feel right. I am not a person to label me slef like gay, or bi or straight, I just say I'm sexual, so that means, it is what it is.

I like it when I remind people of their friends. You remind me of someone too, just can't put my finger on it...
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2010, 06:40 AM

Labels are for canned food not people ;)
    Dogs Expert

Apr 10, 2010, 06:45 AM

Your right. My favorite saying was, Labels only limit what I can do.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2010, 06:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    your right. My favorite saying was, Labels only limit what I can do.
    Labels also tell people the nutritional value. I wonder what my fat% would be :( booo hoooo

I actually don't own a scale in my house anymore, too much pressure. I had one of those that told you what your BMI was :eek:

It was horrible!! I would be on it everyday.. sometimes cry even. Now that I threw it away I feel 110% better.

Does anyone feel that way about scales?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 10, 2010, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    Labels also tell people the nutritional value. I wonder what my fat% would be :( booo hoooo

I actually don't own a scale in my house anymore, too much pressure. I had one of those that told you what your BMI was :eek:

It was horrible!!! I would be on it everyday..sometimes cry even. Now that I threw it away I feel 110% better.

Does anyone feel that way about scales?
    They make a lovely splash after leaving the bridge at 65mph.
    Dogs Expert

Apr 10, 2010, 07:05 AM

I sure do. I threw mine out when I got pregnant and saw that I had gained 80 lbs! Haven't stepped on one since my daughter was born 3 years ago.

I used to take Jui Jitzu, and I had one of those scales, I was obsessed with it.

As soon as I would eat, I would hop on that scale, freak out and run to the gym.

Getting rid of scales made me feel 110% too.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Apr 10, 2010, 07:18 AM
    Labels are for canned food not people ;)
    And clothes. Don't forget clothes.

Since I don't need washing instructions for myself, I see no reason to put a label on myself.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2010, 07:22 AM
    and clothes. don't forget clothes.

since i don't need washing instructions for myself, i see no reason to put a label on myself.
    I hate sizes. Lol Like in one pant I'm a 3 and in another I'm a 4 and then in another I'm a 5. It gets annoying and how are you supposed to know your waist size? I went to go get pants one time and the lady is like what's your measure and I was like "Uh 38??". She laughed. I thought I was right:( lol stupid numbers.. they have to be everywhere... even in your shoes!! :eek:

Haha but we need numbers in our shoes because I'm not about to go find out how many inches or cm my feet are!
    Experts

Apr 10, 2010, 07:31 AM
    I hate sizes. lol Like in one pant I'm a 3 and in another I'm a 4 and then in another I'm a 5. It gets annoying and how are you supposed to know your waist size? I went to go get pants one time and the lady is like what's your measure and I was like "Uh 38??". She laughed. I thought I was right:( lol stupid numbers.. they have to be everywhere... even in your shoes!!!:eek:

haha but we need numbers in our shoes because I'm not about to go find out how many inches or cm my feet are!
    several years back I had a pair of size 6 jeans that fit. All the rest of my pants were 11-12. Now, I generally wear a size 8ish.

I actually know my waist measurement. 32. I have a pair of men's bell bottoms that fit perfectly, better than any of my women's jeans.

the small/medium/large tags are about the most unhelpful thing in the world. I have shirts ranging from x-small to large that all fit very well.

OK, this is something that's bothered me for several months now. Has anyone else noticed that women's socks went from being sized 5-9 and 9-11 to being sized 4-10. There's a HUGE difference between a size 4 foot and a size 10 foot. They can NOT wear the same size sock.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2010, 07:41 AM

I actually know my waist measurement. 32. I have a pair of men's bell bottoms that fit perfectly, better than any of my women's jeans.
    Haha that made me laugh! I just imagines a man wearing bell bottoms haha!

the small/medium/large tags are about the most unhelpful thing in the world. I have shirts ranging from x-small to large that all fit very well.
    I agree!! It's annoying!

OK, this is something that's bothered me for several months now. Has anyone else noticed that women's socks went from being sized 5-9 and 9-11 to being sized 4-10. There's a HUGE difference between a size 4 foot and a size 10 foot. They can NOT wear the same size sock.
    Lol I know!! LOL! Hahaht his made me laugh!

I hate you sizes! Haah how about when you go to another country?? I had a shoe that fit me and it was size 17 I was like "whhaaatt"

I went to the states recently I went to the Zoo. I ordered an Iced Cap with whipped cream on top, a small, and it was like a medium for here in Canada. I was like WHOA things are huge here. My friend got a burger and it was giant compared to Canada's slinky tinky burger.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2010, 07:57 AM
    I hate sizes. lol Like in one pant I'm a 3 and in another I'm a 4 and then in another I'm a 5. It gets annoying and how are you supposed to know your waist size? I went to go get pants one time and the lady is like what's your measure and I was like "Uh 38??". She laughed. I thought I was right:( lol stupid numbers.. they have to be everywhere... even in your shoes!!!:eek:

haha but we need numbers in our shoes because I'm not about to go find out how many inches or cm my feet are!
    You do know what is said about people with big feet?

I like this Chit Chat Thread... Cool one.

Scales I use one only at the doctors office when the doctor starts playing with my belly fat and telling me I need to lose some weight.

So your saying that me eating two big burgers at Mc D's is nothing compared to one big super sized big a-- burger in the states?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2010, 08:00 AM

I have no idea what I am in American sizes, I think it's about an 8 but in Aussie sizes I'm anywhere from a 10 to a 14 depending on the brand.

I have found out in most sizes I am an 11 which most clothing companies don't make GRR
    12 is usually too big and a 10 is too small DOUBLE GRR

And don't get me started on Bras :rolleyes:
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2010, 08:05 AM

Yes, do not get me started either. Women automatically joke around about me wearing bras, but I honestly do not think my man titties are big enough to wear one.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2010, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    Yes, do not get me started either. Women automatically joke around about me wearing bras, but I honestly do not think my man titties are big enough to wear one.
    Joe, does your milkshake bring all the boys to the yard? :D
    Experts

Apr 10, 2010, 08:39 AM
    I went to the states recently I went to the Zoo. I ordered an Iced Cap with whipped cream on top, a small, and it was like a medium for here in Canada. I was like WHOA things are huge here. My friend got a burger and it was giant compared to Canada's slinky tinky burger.
    Welcome to the land of the super-sized portions.

Even our DISHES are bigger, to fit the larger portions. I have cups that were probably made in the 60's. They're tiny. Plates from then are about 2/3 the size of ones now.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2010, 08:44 AM

Lol Joe you do not have man-boobies

Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 10, 2010, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    lol Joe you do not have man-boobies

Wow! That is super sized.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2010, 08:49 AM

Mmm look at that chunkster. Makes me want to hop on his back and bite him. Hahaha

Meaty people make me want to bite.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2010, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Wow! That is super sized.
    Hello String:

And, if he thinks those little strappies are going to keep his thingamabobs from jiggling, he's got another think coming.

excon
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 10, 2010, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello String:

And, if he thinks those little strappies are gonna keep his thingamabobs from jiggling, he's got another think coming.

excon
    Yeah Ex, can you imagine him doing any jogging at all (as if he could). Seismic score: 7.5 with a lot of structural shaking...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Alty's and Starby's Castle of Doom. For our Starby. [ 1501 Answers ]

As most of you know Starby is not well, she's fighting for her life, she's losing the battle. Well the castle has always been her favorite thread so I'm doing this for her. Let's make her proud. We're back in the castle kids. I've repaired the roof, the dungeon has been cleaned (so you better...

Starby & Alty's Castle of Doom. [ 1500 Answers ]

Come in my sweet, and join us! Your hosts will be Starby and Alty. We have everything your little heart desires in our Castle! Come into our web, said the spider to the fly. Mwaaahahahaha! YouTube - Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast

Alty's Daycare [ 1474 Answers ]

Hey all, here's our new Daycare. Come on in, grab a chair, watch where you step because all the pets from Starby's daycare have been relocated here. If you see chocolate on the floor, please refrain from eating it, there are bunny's everywhere and well, those aren't chocolate. ;) There's...

Alty's Pub, Come one, Come all. [ 1501 Answers ]

Greetings and welcome to Alty's Pub, your after hours spot to unwind and have a pint.:) So pull up a stool, relax and order a drink. The sky's the limit and anything goes (with the drinks that is).:p Would you like a Beer, in a glass or in the bottle? How about a fancy drink with a little...

View more questions Search