Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2009, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I have to agree. There is too much info there for these little kids to wrap their tiny heads around. They don't need ALL of the specifics at such a young age.
    They just need to be told condoms gooooood
    The pill gooooooood

Babies baaaaaad
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 07:16 AM
    Lol nice to know...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 23, 2009, 08:12 AM
    I have to agree. There is too much info there for these little kids to wrap their tiny heads around. They don't need ALL of the specifics at such a young age.
    I agree J9, but he's asking questions. It's so hard to determine what to tell and what to hold back.

I want him to know he can ask me anything, so I want to be honest with him, straight forward so that he knows he can come to me.

It's a juggling act. I'm going to search for an age appropriate book, there's got to be something out there.

This isn't easy. I don't want to mess this up. :(
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2009, 08:26 AM

Sadly I found out most of what I know off either my friends or the interenet.

The only thing I've really discussed with my mom is when I got a serious boyfriend when I turned 18 she suggested I go on the pill.

Anything I'm unsure about now I just ask my doctor about :)
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 08:26 AM

Any news on Starby-girl?
    Pets Expert

Apr 23, 2009, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick View Post
    Any news on Starby-girl?
    Not yet.

I'll be calling her later, she now has a phone in her room so I can contact her whenever I want. Bad thing is, she's on morphine, it makes the conversation interesting to say the least. ;)

I'll call her later and let you all know what's up. :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 08:28 AM

Cool. Ask if she got the flowers! :)
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Update:

Just talked to Starby. Her brother is taking Niki until she's out of the hospital, he's also got a laptop he's going to lend her, just has to figure out the internet thing.

She's really doped up, I had to repeat myself alot and she's a bit out of it, but she sounds okay. She had the surgery today and her leg is in a cast. Her wrist has a neon orange cast on it, she finds it funny.

Obviously she now has a phone in her room. I'll be calling her again tomorrow. Will keep you all posted.
    Thank-you Alty ! I know she must be sooo relieved about Niki. Please let her know she is in my prayers.
    Bless you for being there for her.
    Pets Expert

Apr 23, 2009, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick View Post
    Cool. Ask if she got the flowers! :)
    She did, was a bit confused who sent them so I told her. :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 11:54 AM

Lol... glad she got them. :)
    Uber Member

Awww did you send flowers HC... :)
    Pets Expert

Update:

Just talked to Starby. She's not a happy camper, in fact she's downright angry. She had the surgery, has a cast up to her groin and they want to start physio today. She doesn't want to.

She's giving the nurses a bit of a hard time, I told her she has to do what they say, she didn't like that. She's in pain, sad, lonely, miserable, but the sooner she starts physio, the sooner she can leave. This is going to be tough.

While I was on the phone her brother came, brought Niki, so at least she gets to see her pup.

Other then that she seems okay.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Awww did you send flowers HC.... :)
    Yup. :D She's my girl.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

I'm so glad they let Niki come visit. I don't know many hospitals that allow that sort of thing.

Hope it cheers her up. Thanks for the update.
    Uber Member

That's great that she got to see Niki, I hope it cheered her up.

Must be awful being there alone most of the time :( She should rent a laptop and hack into the hospitals internet!
    Pets Expert

Apr 23, 2009, 11:57 AM
    I'm so glad they let Niki come visit. I don't know many hospitals that allow that sort of thing.

Hope it cheers her up. Thanks for the update.
    She's not allowed inside J, but they're wheeling Starby out for a visit.

I'm sure it will cheer her up a great deal. She misses her pup so much. I have a feeling it may be hard on Niki though, seeing her mom and then having to leave.

I just hope Starby starts listening to the doctors and nurses, otherwise it will be even longer then a month before she's released.

Stubborn Ducky! ;)
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 12:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Update:

Just talked to Starby. She's not a happy camper, in fact she's downright angry. She had the surgery, has a cast up to her groin and they want to start physio today. She doesn't want to.

She's giving the nurses a bit of a hard time, I told her she has to do what they say, she didn't like that. She's in pain, sad, lonely, miserable, but the sooner she starts physio, the sooner she can leave. This is gonna be tough.

While I was on the phone her brother came, brought Niki, so at least she gets to see her pup.

Other then that she seems okay.
    I remember having major surgery and the next day they are like *time for a walk*!
    WHAT? You feel like your dying and they expect you to get up and get moving.I know its for all the right reasons,but you still want to smack somebody.I understand her feelings.Poor kid.That stubbornness will be a real asset to her when she starts physical therapy,it will give her the determination she needs.
    Tell her not to throw any bedpans! Nurses are your friends!
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    I remember having major surgery and the next day they are like *time for a walk*!
    WHAT? You feel like your dying and they expect you to get up and get moving.I know its for all the right reasons,but you still want to smack somebody.I understand her feelings.Poor kid.That stubbornness will be a real asset to her when she starts physical therapy,it will give her the determination she needs.
    Tell her not to throw any bedpans! Nurses are your friends!
    Why do you want her to hang on to the bedpans?

Never mind, I read that wrong... thought you said don't throw them out... oops.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 23, 2009, 12:12 PM
    I feel so terrible having to get gals up to walk right after a c-section, but it's necessary. It makes me feel like a monster though.
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2009, 12:17 PM

Note to self: When going to hospital hancuff self to bed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My poor sick bby [ 4 Answers ]

My 18 month old has a bad runny nose its green and yellow snot mostly she has a slight cough but not bad by anymeans but she is running tempatures of 101 - 103 I have been giving her tylonol witch brings the fevor down is this just a cold or should I be rushing her to a doctor? Somebody help me?

Starby & Alty's Castle of Doom. [ 1500 Answers ]

Come in my sweet, and join us! Your hosts will be Starby and Alty. We have everything your little heart desires in our Castle! Come into our web, said the spider to the fly. Mwaaahahahaha! YouTube - Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast

Poor mummy cat [ 1 Answers ]

Our cats kittens are six weeks old and are , as I expected, very feisty, playfull little cats. My problem is that mummy cat seems to behaving oddly, she is always miowing and keeps sitting at my feet looking as though she wants something. Even when I feed her she's not very happy. She seems...

My poor dog [ 2 Answers ]

My pet pug dog has a large belly not fat lage ,but it looks inflated he also gags very loudlyhes 9 years old he is not nudered eats and drinks easly we think it's a kiddney failure but he isn't able to take a b.m. what should I do and what's his sickness

My Poor Kitty [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed today that my kitten's left eye is swollen and watery. I have looked at it and I can't see anything in it. I havwe washed it with a warm wash rag, but it hasn't done any good. What else can I try before I have to resort to taking her to the vet? ~Summer

View more questions Search