Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Here's one that is so old, but still applies to those who lost a love.. it helped me through a few rough times.

YouTube - ***Better Love - Dr Hook***

I can't believe all the songs I want to soak up tonight, and should be getting sleep. Oh, well, just a few more and then...
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Stringer, here's one that you can let Marta hear... an old love song.

YouTube - Dr Hook years from now

Let me know how she liked it.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2008, 01:01 PM
    I LOVE that song! Funny story... I went to a Dr. Hook concert one time, and the whole band were so toked up and drunk, that they played two songs and left the stage. The guy with the patch felt so totally embarrassed that he sat by himself with a guitar and played for 3 hrs... it was FANTASTIC!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Here's an example Cher! I don't think the guy with the patch was so sober this night! LOL! WOW! I love this song though!

YouTube - Dr. Hook - Freakin' At The Freakers Ball
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8
    Here's an example Cher! I don't think the guy with the patch was so sober this night!! LOL!! WOW!! I love this song though!

YouTube - Dr. Hook - Freakin' At The Freakers Ball
    Oh, yeah, I remember them days... and I was not totally sober during the time either. It was when I split with my husband and had to raise my kid alone, with a few boyfriends now and then... Those were freaky days.

From the inner circle..
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2008, 01:12 PM
    I wish we could've all had our 'inner circle' party years ago!! :D We would have had a blast I'm sure! Yep we would have! It's much fun to listen to all the old music. I do it all of the time, and I can usually remember where I was the first time I heard it too! A lot of good memories... some bad... but what the heck hey?

Here's a little change of venue Cher. I know you like country, and I just love the lyrics of this one! :D

YouTube - BILLY CYRUS WHERE AM I GOING TO LIVE WHEN I GET HOME
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2008, 01:18 PM
    Absolutely, without the rough times,we wouldn't be who we are now.

I remember when I was entranced by BB King's Bass player in the 70's and made my fiancé jealous at a Santana concert because I sat way up, behind the band and loved every move that drummer made.. Ha ha, I still have my memories! Yuppers!

Even had a joint (didn't inhale)... with Ossie Osbourn sitting on one of the biggest speakers I ever saw when Black Sabbath played in our town and I left the group I went there with. That's when I was with a band myself, that I told you about.

And I was till a virgin when I got home.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Oops! I said we were going to go on a Crazy Train didn't I! Heeeerrre weeeee goooo!
    SHAAARRROOONNNNN!!

YouTube - Crazy Train-Ozzy Osbourne

(If you had to have a joint with someone... may as well have been Ozzy! LOL!)

I'd love to hear more about your band days Cher!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 15, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    Stringer, here's one that you can let Marta hear... an old love song.

YouTube - Dr Hook years from now

Let me know how she liked it.
    HI Chery, thank you... yes that song says it all... :)

Marta has one evening class a week and she is there now, but I just emailed it to her and said it was from you...

Marta has started back to college to finish. She had two years in Poland but not all her credits were accepted her in the US. So, she goes three days a week and on Monday nights... Good for her... don't you agree. Gota love her ambition... she wants that degree, but she isn't exactly sure what in as yet.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Marta is AWSOME!
    Nice Stringer... so happy for her, and you. When a women gets what she wants, she is an angel for you men;)
    Business Expert

Sep 15, 2008, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    Marta is AWSOME!!
    nice Stringer....so happy for her, and you. When a women gets what she wants, she is an angel for you men;)
    Thanks Start, she is.:)

Yeah, I think I figured that out some time ago.. eh eh... :)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    HI Chery, thank you...yes that song says it all...:)

Marta has one evening class a week and she is there now, but I just emailed it to her and said it was from you....

Marta has started back to college to finish. She had two years in Poland but not all her credits were accepted her in the US. So, she goes three days a week and on Monday nights...Good for her...don't you agree. Gota love her ambition...she wants that degree, but she isn't exactly sure what in as yet.
    This is soooo weird! Cher and Stringy, I SWEAR when I first listened to this song on the link, "Years From Now" played, but after that it played "Sexy Eyes" too! Now it doesn't! I love both of those songs, so I clicked on the link to listen again! Now it's just "Years From Now"... what the..? :rolleyes:
    Business Expert

Sep 15, 2008, 07:02 PM
    M... the "stuff" you put in her drink is starting to work... she is (?? )
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    M...the "stuff" you put in her drink is starting to work....she is (?????)
    It doesn't take the Ducky long to figure out the problem! :p :p

It was because it was Momma C's song right before your song! :p

"Better Love" goes right to "Sexy Eyes" You can't roast this Duck yet! :D
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 15, 2008, 08:23 PM
    We're roasting the duck? When, where, how? Oh, not yet. Darnit. :(

Come to check up on my Momma C. How are you sweet Momma? I hope you've had a wonderful day, a wonderful night, everything wonderful. :)

I've been painting all day, again, and I think the fumes have gone to my head. Huh? Who? Oh, sorry, delusional. ;)
    Business Expert

Sep 15, 2008, 09:40 PM
    "Delusional" -Alty

Somehow, someway.. I should find a way to take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity... :0

But not now.. my eyes are closing... (_ _) only had 2 1/2 hours sleep last night... this business thing is taking it's toll...
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 16, 2008, 08:20 AM
    UPDATE..

Got two more cards from you, darling Stringer - Millennium Park and the Sky View. You have such beautiful handwriting - it's a joy to read.
    I'm glad you liked that song, it was one of my favorites a long time ago, and it was a joy finding it again. That memory train really takes me for some fun rides lately. I'm just such an emotional old lady.

It's never too late to go back to college. Jaime is going to go back next year and she has not chosen her final 'subject' yet either. She's great in financial fields, but she is still concentrating on her man and her son right now. He said he will give her his military scholarship when she's ready as he can transfer it over to 'family members' after they are married. He's in San Francisco right now, and it's the first time where he has been away where he wishes he was not. Usually in the past, he was glad to be gone (from former wife), but now he can't wait to get back home. I guess that says a lot for my girl... I'm so super proud of her.

Alty, I got the Bear and the Karl's postcards from you today. I just bet that Canada's Rocky Mountains are just a sight for all eyes to wonder. Honey, paint is a lot better than glue, so sniff right along - let me know where I can see the finished products.

Thanks again to both of you.

Starby, I too heard 'sexy eyes' at the end the first time.. so it must be a You-Tube glitch and not our 'puters'.

Had a scare today. I uninstalled a trial version of Windows One Care (security prog) and installed three freebies to take it's place. Well one of them was sooo strong that it wouldn't let me into the internet.. until I figured that out, it took a while, but it's sure is working. Found some that even One Care did not find and did a boot record and memory check. Pretty good for a freebie. So, after taking all that time to 'clean' my baby, I'm running late on a few other things today. Will take a nap, eat something, and then see if I can be of any help in the Relationship section.

Talk to you later, folks.
    Grrrr.. the new antivirus and antispam progs just junked my smilies... so I got to get them back.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 08:35 AM
    Beautiful Thread Alty..

Chery,
    You are a wonderful woman.. what more can I say?:)
    Business Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Beautiful Thread Alty..

Chery,
    you are a wonderful woman..what more can I say?:)
    Hi Firm, how are you?:)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 08:56 AM
    I'm glad you got my postcards. Now, I don't actually live very close to BC, and both those postcards are pics of BC, but, well, it's in Canada. :)

Firmy, I'm glad you found us. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I buy a Chery car? [ 4 Answers ]

We are looking at buying a new car and have trawled the showrooms lately. We saw a Chery - Chinese car which was very cheap and had all sorts of fancy gizmos: movie screens in rear seats and one at front in the middle (could be a bit dangerous? ); 2.4litre engine; sunroof; blah blah blah. ...

Chery? [ 7 Answers ]

Anyone hear from Chery?? It's been MONTHS!! Can we all try and contact and let her know were thinking about her. I know she's had some stuff going going I nher life.

Sweet sweet blues music [ 19 Answers ]

Does anyone know if Howling Wolf or John Lee Hooker are still alive and if they are, are they still playing

Welcome Back Chery! [ 7 Answers ]

It's really nice to see you posting on here again. I hope everything went well for you, and that you will soon be your old self again! I really missed you.

View more questions Search