Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    estonia103 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MPortTiger6262
    I had become half of a couple instead of my own person! Like a load of my shoulders! I got chills down my spine and realized what I had become! I sold myself out. I was sacrificing myself for her. I know relationships take sacrifice, but no one...NO ONE should get down on their hands and knees and beg (I'm guilty of it).

Anyway, ironically my ex called me minutes after my revelation. I told her everything. About how I was depressed but I am liberated now. I told her I got over her in the instant I read these posts! This all happened about 2 hours ago. I swear to you do you know how fast the balance of power shifted in our relationship??? She JUST texted me..."I think I am sad without you" and when I talked to her on teh phone I could here her voice crack, fighting back tears. She has been cold and heartless to me for the last two months. This is the first sign of her wanting me in two months. I'm gunna play it by ear and play hard to get.
    Wow, this is encouraging! I admit, I am in a phase where I hope my ex girlfriend decides to come back, but honestly, I do not know that I could take her back. I am angry and hurt by her. We were in a relationship for 8 years and she has been pulling away for some time. We have been in no contact for 8 weeks as of today. I think me wanting her to come back is just me wanting to regain the power in a situation where I feel powerless. I want to be redeemed for the rejection that I have received from her. Does that make sense?

No contact is hard indeed. I can only wonder if she is even missing me. Like the original poster for this thread, I wonder if it means anything at she has left very important stuff of hers at my place. Why initiate no contact and not take care of this up front? She did finally contact me (text message - too chicken to call me) about two weeks ago about the stuff wanting to pick it up around dinner time on Easter Sunday!? With a day's notice! Of course, I said that would not be a good time and tried to arrange a different time. She has left it open ended as she is busy right now - talk about dragging this out! Is she messing with me or what?
    dreken105 Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Apr 28, 2007, 03:12 PM
    GOD I HATE EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS FORUM

Sorry they told me the same thing when my girlfriend wanted a break

OK here's the deal yea give her space but be there for her but don't give yourself to her cause then she'll (not purposely) use you but make her want what you had together yea don't be moopy I was like that in the beginning of my break... not good... just show her that she made a mistake and my experience it worked out and if you really love her and if you can find that spot in the back of her mind that still loves that just has been a little "numb" make her remember it by being yourself and that person who she loved... remember the special things she liked and give it to her like example: my girlfriend loved to have coffee every morning and I used to bring it for her sometimes just to make her happy... when we were on our break I used bring coffee to class in the morning(we have it together) and maybe just look like its for me... she'd talk to me still just friendly and she might just stare at the coffee and id give it her and smile just let her know your still there and you love her and you have enough love for her, and forever
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2007, 08:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dreken105
    GOD I HATE EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS FORUM

sorry they told me the same thing when my girlfriend wanted a break

ok heres the deal yea give her space but be there for her but dont give yourself to her cause then she'll (not purposely) use you but make her want wat you had together yea dont be moopy i was like that in the beginning of my break .... not good.... just show her that she made a mistake and my experience it worked out and if you really love her and if you can find that spot in the back of her mind that still loves that just has been alittle "numb" make her remember it by being yourself and taht person who she loved.... remember the special things she liked and give it to her like example: my girlfriend loved to have coffee every morning and i used to bring it for her sometimes just to make her happy..... when we were on our break i used bring coffee to class in the morning(we have it together) and maybe just look like its for me.... she'd talk to me still just friendly and she might just stare at the coffee and id give it her and smile just let her know your still there and you love her and you have enough love for her, and forever
    Speechless.
    imissher Posts: 49, Reputation: 6

May 4, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Hey MPort,

First off, I hope everything works with u. But yeah, if you check my latest post, my ex did come back after a month or so. I gave everything to this girl, I played hard to get, I showed her I was happy, and I showed her that I was OK. But after we got back together, I was just as unhappy as I was before. Nothing changed, she didn't change, the dynamic changed between us and it was extremely painful to watch the relationship fall again as you anticipate another heart-breaking third break up.

After two weeks of getting back together, we broke up. And for the first time in my life, I was OK with it. It didn't hurt, I wasn't depressed, and it actually felt good. I guess all I wanted was a second chance to get rid of the "what if's". I am completely done with her games, I'm over her for good, nothing changed, she's a different person now, and in all fairness, we both deserve better, and we both deserve to be happy.

I have a better chance of single-handedly bringing peace to the middle east than making this relationship work. Fool me once, shame on her, fool me twice, shame on me. Trying to make it work a third time is just stupidity.

Life's good, and it's actually better without her. And my new girlfriend is helping a lot.. LOL. Anyway peace out guys. Good luck with everything.
    ForeverZero Posts: 312, Reputation: 82

May 4, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by imissher
    Hey MPort,

First off, i hope everything works with u. But yeah, if you check my latest post, my ex did come back after a month or so. I gave everything to this girl, i played hard to get, i showed her i was happy, and i showed her that i was ok. But after we got back together, i was just as unhappy as i was before. Nothing changed, she didnt change, the dynamic changed between us and it was extremely painful to watch the relationship fall again as you anticipate another heart-breaking third break up.

After two weeks of getting back together, we broke up. And for the first time in my life, i was ok with it. It didnt hurt, i wasn't depressed, and it actually felt good. I guess all i wanted was a second chance to get rid of the "what if's". I am completely done with her games, im over her for good, nothing changed, shes a different person know, and in all fairness, we both deserve better, and we both deserve to be happy.

I have a better chance of single-handedly bringing peace to the middle east than making this relationship work. Fool me once, shame on her, fool me twice, shame on me. Trying to make it work a third time is just stupidity.

Life's good, and it's actually better without her. And my new girlfriend is helping a lot.. LOL. Anyways peace out guys. good luck with everything.

You don't write and you never call. Check in and chat sometime dude, you got to keep me posted on these things.
    tiredandlonely Posts: 42, Reputation: 0

May 4, 2007, 11:20 AM
    I find it amazing. I have been reading a lot of posts on here. The people who leave the ex alone and give them the space seem to have a lot of luck getting back with their ex. Anyone else notice this pattern.

May 4, 2007, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredandlonely
    I find it amazing. I have been reading a lot of posts on here. The people who leave the ex alone and give them the space seem to have a lot of luck getting back with their ex. Anyone else notice this pattern.

It's a game dude, it's different for everybody. For example, I happen to have first hand knowledge that he nagged the hell out of her, and it brought her back. I left mine alone, then checked in at about the 2 month mark and she was eating out of my hand. It's different for everyone, ultimately you have to have faith in your knowledge of your partner.

May 4, 2007, 11:30 AM
    I agree with that. I have made contact several times with my ex. She actually called me once, then we text messaged each other and talked. She won't talk on the phone about much, I think she is hesitant. I don't want to push it with that. I leave her alone, I haven't had contact with her in over a week other than sending her a few email jokes. She is planning on coming to get her stuff, so I will talk to her then I guess. I have been tweaking this game as well. Everything does work different for everyone.

I can tell that she misses me, it is just to get her to talk about it. Any recommendations about that, other than no contact. I think she needs something to get her to talk. The no contact can only do so much.

May 4, 2007, 11:31 AM
    I think she came back, because of pity. No one deserves crumbs from anybody.

And LOL, my bad zero... didn't reply or post it here cause I'm too busy with this new girl :).
    sypher373 Posts: 360, Reputation: 38

May 4, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dreken105

ok heres the deal yea give her space but be there for her but dont give yourself to her cause then she'll (not purposely) use you but make her want wat you had together
    Have you ever stopped and thought about how impossibly hard it is to 'be there for her but not give yourself to her'. When you are totally in love with someone who sees you as a friend, its damn near impossible to NOT step over that line. I know from experience.

The other comment I have is in referense to MPort. I kind of curious as to how his post might have sounded if he had not heard from his ex right after reading the posts. The advice is good, I'm just skeptical because I know how that glint of false hope can put you at such an emotional high.

Whatever happens, good luck mport

May 4, 2007, 11:38 AM
    I think she came back, because of pity. No one deserves crumbs from anybody.

and LOL, my bad zero... didn't reply or post it here cause im too busy with this new girl :).

Aim me biznatch
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 4, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredandlonely
    I also notice that after getting them back, they break up again.

May 4, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    I also notice that after getting them back, they break up again.

Let's not be overtly cynical, there is a certain satisfaction derived from knowing things couldn't have worked out and things can't have happened any other way. It's the single biggest factor in the healing process.

May 4, 2007, 11:46 AM
    It all depends on how dedicated people are about getting back together. Where were all the issues, and how you want to deal with them. If someone breaks it off, it isn't necessarily the end. It could be to give the other person a wake up call, a reality check. Most of the times it isn't the case, but one can never tell.

May 4, 2007, 03:01 PM
    TAL... THE MAVERICKS LOST LOL... I duno I just had to say that because it was in you're tag. MAVS SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK. GO RAPTORS.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 09:47 PM
    TAL... THE MAVERICKS LOST LOL.... i duno i just had to say that because it was in you're tag. MAVS SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK. GO RAPTORS.
    Tal, first the Bears now the Mav's. I hope your not putting money on these games.
    timtim-awesim Posts: 54, Reputation: -2

Dec 6, 2008, 11:21 PM
    If you don't want her to know you need her, she's the wrong girl for you...
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 12:15 AM

Post is over a year old :(

I wish they would update us on how things are going hehe

Regards
    timtim-awesim Posts: 54, Reputation: -2

Dec 7, 2008, 12:56 AM

Must be going good, since he no longer needs our help
    Kevin_s Posts: 213, Reputation: 51

Dec 7, 2008, 06:22 AM

At the time this was posted, it's only been THREE days. Stop panicking, chill out.

You can't expect her to miss you after 3 days (honestly).

I would say make your short term NC goal 2 weeks, Medium goal 1 - 2 months and then long term as an indefinite period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm in a long term relationship but like someone else! [ 8 Answers ]

I've been going out with this guy for like... forever... I love him so much... and have done since I met him... but I've started to have feelings for another guy... but he's not just a guy... he's my best friend... I can't stop thinking about him... he's in my mind all the time and I feel guilty...

Ex-girlfriend Won't Leave [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a townhouse about 7 months ago. My then girlfriend moved in with me. My sister and her husband also live with me. Things aren't working out with my girlfriend and I asked her to leave but she refuses. She has a child who may be mine (not sure, am going to request paternity test). ...

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why? [ 4 Answers ]

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why?

Long Term Debt [ 1 Answers ]

What is the financing cost long term debt?

Friends, to long term to ex's [ 10 Answers ]

I love my ex to death, I want him to love me, but were not tougether anymore, I love him with my whole heart, and he's the only boy I've ever wanted to spend my life with, and now he's gone, and I know he's having just a hard time as I am.even when we were dating, he couldn't tell me he loved me....

View more questions Search