Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jul 24, 2008, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    oof. someone opened up pandora's box.

I think I SORTA understand where hj's coming from. I don't think he's talking about sex, per se, but the drama that comes with it. I think he just prefers a girl who is inexperienced and isn't knowledgeable in hurting a guy.

Granted, it's a misconception, and perhaps he should have worded things better...
    Yeh... I'm not that experienced... lol

Jul 24, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew916
    i am a virgin. and my girlfriend is too. i laughed at what HJpan said because where i go to school i am surrounded by lots of girls who have sex just to be having sex. if i'm going to lose it i want it to be with someone who feels that sex shouldn't be used as some means of building a reputation. it brings the relationship onto a whole new level and to take sex lightly isn't right. unfortunately girls like that art school, outside of school, and in my neighborhood are rare. let's face it- this generation treats sex like it's a joke.
    Hahaha~ wait until college.... there's more drama...

I went to a friends' summer-is-here frat party~not a lot of guys besides the frat brothers..

Well, I was talking to couple dudes and they said to me
    "If you ever want to hook up with a whore or get laid, just talk to us"

Seriously.

magrock Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Oh that explains a lot hjpan... lol

Jul 24, 2008, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magrock
    oh that explains alot hjpan...lol
    Explains?
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 01:29 PM
    I think he just prefers a girl who is inexperienced and isn't knowledgeable in hurting a guy.
    Occasionally we get women who post things here to the effect that they are in there 20's and never had a boyfriend or never had sex and they have somehow come to believe this is negative. As God is my witness, I, and I dare say the majority of good men would be thrilled to have an inexperienced girl who doesn't want to play the game for the sake of hurting the guy.
    jiltedgirl Posts: 125, Reputation: 23

Jul 24, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird213
    While I agree with the rest of your statement (the sex thing was pretty un called for) I'm not sure I like this statement. I'd like to see a statistic to support this....

EDIT: Did you mean that most people who carry STDs/STIs are men? I could understand that more than the fact that most men have them...
    Sorry I wasn't more articulate. I didn't mean to say that most people who carry STDs/STIs are men per se. My point was that women are not the only carriers. We all are or can be. Actually, a large proportion of people (I'm uncertain of international figures. I'm speaking American statistics here) have STDs/STIs. They just don't know it.

You can get the stats from CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
    A frightening factoid: "CDC estimates that approximately 19 million new infections occur each year, almost half of them among young people ages 15 to 24."
    f104 Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Jul 24, 2008, 01:48 PM
    I thought men were the biggest carriers and distributors of STDs?
    Andrew916 Posts: 182, Reputation: 33

Jul 24, 2008, 02:02 PM
    It seems like the numbers should be pretty even- it takes at least two to transmit...
    magrock Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hjpan
    Explains?
    Well the fact that your only 19 you have a certain about sex... when to do it & when its done it's a disaster or sleeping w/ an certain amount of people is bad... think about it your 19 your sexual peak is still very high... I am 29 so I am just speaking from my experience... it just seems you are judging people based on sexual experience... I lost my virginity @21 as a woman I was very proud of that... because I personally do not sleep around however I am human & make mistakes... I just think that everyone should speak or give advice based on their experience. The fact that you are 19 explains a lot of why your responses seemed a bit unfair. But I respect everyone's opinions...
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Wait, hj... do you by chance go to my school.. because... my buddy and I were being serious about that. Just talk to us, all is taken care of ;)

Jul 24, 2008, 02:31 PM
    wait, hj...do you by chance go to my school...? because...my buddy and I were being serious about that. just talk to us, all is taken care of ;)
    I'm rolling my eyes... :rolleyes: lol.

Btw- nice new avatar, Sneeze. Really subtle. :p
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Why thank you. Yours too. Really screams the "jilted" part with your fancy hat.
    losingit77 Posts: 105, Reputation: 31

Jul 24, 2008, 03:19 PM
    I don't think it matters how many partners you have or haven't had. The point is to find someone who looks at "sex" in a similar light as yourself. This goes for both girls and guys. If you look at sex as a beautiful, natural thing that 2 partners do to show and express their love to each other in a very intimate way then look for someone who shares that same view. (Also know, that there are other ways to show that love as well without just the sex). If you look at sex as a primal urge, need to feel the warmth of a human body on yours for the moment then find someone who's looking for the same. Over your lifetime, you'll probably find yourself jumping between these 2 extremes. There's no right or wrong here. Just make sure whatever you are doing is what YOU want to do and whatever you are doing is what the other person WANTS to be doing too. Make sure you're both on the same page about what the act of sex is representing and it will hopefully keep the hurt feelings down to a minimum.

And of course, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use a condom.

I'm an old lady compared to you guys so I have some experience. ; )

Jul 24, 2008, 05:42 PM
    why thank ya. yours too. really screams the "jilted" part with your fancy hat.
    Umm... I'm a sophomore at Univ. of California, Davis... :O

But I'm taking a year off for advanced school program...

Anyways, since I'm inexperienced.... I just rather date/go on a relationship with a virgin or a girl who has the same inexperience as I do =/
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 05:48 PM
    ... twas a joke hj. Twas a joke.

It's fair to prefer girls who are "as inexperienced" as you are, but I'm simply advising you to not brush off other girls because they've been with 4 - 5 guys... because really, the number of guys they've been with means little to nothing. It's how they treated the guys they were with.

Jul 24, 2008, 06:02 PM
    ...twas a joke hj. twas a joke.

it's fair to prefer girls who are "as inexperienced" as you are, but I'm simply advising you to not brush off other girls because they've been with 4 - 5 guys...because really, the number of guys they've been with means little to nothing. It's how they treated the guys they were with.
    I wouldn't have sex with other girls who are more experienced... just a nonsexual relationship.

Jul 24, 2008, 06:58 PM
    why thank ya. yours too. really screams the "jilted" part with your fancy hat.
    Hahaha! What can I say? That's how I roll.;)
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Jul 25, 2008, 07:14 AM
    Damn,

Wasn't expecting to cause that much trouble... next time I'll keep my mouth shut :)

Thanks for clarifying Jilted, I get what you were saying now...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Anyways, since I'm inexperienced.... I just rather date/go on a relationship with a virgin or a girl who has the same inexperience as I do =/
    Everyone has their own ways, but keep your mind open to good people out there that have more experience, and can teach you much, despite circumstances of the past.

Prejudice can be very restricting, when it comes to your fellow human, especially the females.
    scorpio24x Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2008, 08:26 AM
    After reading all this, Im starting to move on even tough its to difficult for me. Im using the nc rule because I want to heal but I also have a little hope that she might come back and if she doesn't, its going to be her lost because I'm becoming a whole different person in a very good way. On Sunday its going to be 2 weeks since she asked me for time, we haven't seen each other but she sent me a message 4 days ago wishing that I was OK which I replied saying that I was good , I made it very short and polite. Since that I have applied the nc rule and even tough its hard, I'm not planning to break it. She asked me for time but I realized that its better to treat it as a break up so you can worry about yourself instead of be waitting for this time to finish. I don't want to kill my hopes by I also don't want to put my hopes up so I wish I can heal soon, regarless if she comes back or not!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fitness Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

I figure that a lot of us here are working out, dieting, and exercising... so why not start a thread where people can discuss their success stories, what they ate, what they did, how long it took them, etc? I am a 22 year old college student (2 weeks left!) and at 5'8", I weighed 178 in December...

The NC Calendar [ 1499 Answers ]

I just had this idea after reading Mik's post. How about if we use this thread to count the NC days, all of us? Each one would mention how long he/she's been maintaining the NC period and how he/she feels with time. Maybe in some way this can help us all (including me)? This is my first...

Need Calendar Ideas [ 12 Answers ]

I'm not sure this is in the right spot, but it seemed appropriate. I make calendars at work for the various work stations (about 20). Each year I try to do a graphic that incorparates as many of the staff as I can. Last year I had a Christmas tree and the ornaments were their faces, for...

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

View more questions Search