Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2023, 01:29 PM
    So choosing to do something has nothing to do with choice? Not sure I'm following that reasoning.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 23, 2023, 01:34 PM
    I choose to stab you for no reason, waltero. Is that a sin?

I choose to smile at you, waltero. Is that a sin?
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Sep 23, 2023, 06:26 PM
    I choose to smile at you, waltero. Is that a sin?
    Yes. What makes you choose to smile at me?
    Can God sin? Can God choose to sin? Could Jesus sin?

One thing is for sure; man has a choice. Man is continually presented with choices. Just as they say - any person can flip out at any given second. Humans can and do change their minds at the drop of a hat.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 23, 2023, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    Yes. What makes you choose to smile at me?
    Being nice to someone is a sin?

Why would I? Perhaps I saw you at McDonald's when you gave a homeless man a few dollar bills. Or perhaps I saw you petting and talking to a dog at the animal shelter.

Sep 23, 2023, 06:35 PM
    Being nice to someone is a sin?
    Yes. If it doesn't come from God it is a sin. Your goodness, your being nice has little to no value.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 23, 2023, 06:43 PM
    Can God sin? No
    Can God choose to sin? No
    Could Jesus sin? Yes

One thing is for sure; man has a choice. Man is continually presented with choices. Just as they say - any person can flip out at any given second. Humans can and do change their minds at the drop of a hat.
    That's what I said.

Yes. If it doesn't come from God it is a sin. Your goodness, your being nice has little to no value.
    I totally disagree. So when a Hindu or a Sikh or a Buddhist is nice, that's a sin??? Absolutely not!

Sep 23, 2023, 06:47 PM
    Could Jesus sin? Yes
    This is where you go amiss.
    One thing is for sure; man has a choice. Man is continually presented with choices. Just as they say - any person can flip out at any given second. Humans can and do change their minds at the drop of a hat. -
    That's what I said.
    You are confusing choice with free will.
    I totally disagree.
    There goes your mind again. Try not to think with your carnal mind, just for a moment, please. When either of you agree or disagree, then you become blind. You don't want to understand because you have already made up your mind.

I'm taking it slow. I haven't come to the point yet, and already you have made up your mind?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 23, 2023, 06:54 PM
    This is where you go amiss
    Jesus was true man and true God. Remember the stories in the NT when Jesus was tempted to sin, but He didn't?
    Free will says I have a choice.

Sep 23, 2023, 06:55 PM
    Could Jesus sin? Yes
    This is where you go amiss.
    One thing is for sure; man has a choice. Man is continually presented with choices. Just as they say - any person can flip out at any given second. Humans can and do change their minds at the drop of a hat. -
    That's what I said.
    I totally disagree.
    There goes your mind again. Try not to think with your carnal mind, just for a moment, please. When either of you agree or disagree, then you become blind. You don't want to understand because you have already made up your mind.

I'm taking it slow. I haven't come to the point yet, and already you have made up your mind?

Have it your way. You are correct. Your way is best. Don't bother trying to figure it out...it appears you already have it all figured out (as if anybody is able to figure out God).
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 23, 2023, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    That is an observation but not an example. I asked for an example concerning your comment about, "...non-binary in plants, insects, animals, birds, humans
    Google is your friend.

How do you know that bi-polar illness and autism are genetic abnormalities? They might very well be, but I haven't heard that.
    Bipolar runs in my father side of the family. At least one person in each of three generations has been medically diagnosed as bipolar.

Autism runs in my husband's father's side of the family. Three generations have been affected. Three males were professionally diagnosed.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 23, 2023, 07:07 PM
    This is where you go amiss. You are confusing choice with free will.
    Free will gives an individual the opportunity to make choices. If no free will, then no choices.

I have free will. I can go to McDonald's and order a chocolate sundae instead of a caramel sundae.
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2023, 07:08 PM
    Try not to think with your carnal mind
    What do you mean when you say that?

WG, does God have free will?

Sep 23, 2023, 07:22 PM
    What do you mean when you say that?
    I mean for her to hold her horses before she brings in outside forces (like - Hindu or a Sikh or a Buddhis) to block her mind.

It is as plain as day. Before the fall, man had free will. After the fall man no longer has free will. Free will is the power or capacity of humans to make decisions or perform actions independently of any prior event or prior state of the universe.
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2023, 07:28 PM
    I don't mean about Wondergirl. I just mean what does thinking with the carnal mind mean for anyone?

Sep 23, 2023, 07:34 PM
    thinking with the carnal mind
    It has much to do with the same fact that I don't want to go off onto another tangent.

It is as plain as day. Before the fall, man had free will. After the fall man no longer has free will. Free will is the power or capacity of humans to make decisions or perform actions independently of any prior event or prior state of the universe.

When you say your "choice" you are referring to Lucifer's choice.
    As a Christian; when you say "good choice" you are saying God's choice.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 23, 2023, 07:37 PM
    IIt is as plain as day. Before the fall, man had free will. After the fall man no longer has free will. Free will is the power or capacity of humans to make decisions or perform actions independently of any prior event or prior state of the universe.
    God gave. Adam and Eve free will after He created them. They had a choice to eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil -- or not. Eve decided the fruit looked good, so she ate of it, then handed some to Adam to munch on. That's how sin came into the world.
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2023, 07:38 PM
    Come on Walter. What does it mean to "think with the carnal mind?" This is not an answer.

It has much to do with the same fact that I don't want to go off onto another tangent.

Sep 23, 2023, 07:41 PM
    That's the problem with this forum and the two of you. You are simply looking for an argument. I'd like to stay on subject. is that ok? Soon (as always) the two of you will go off half-blistered on an entirely different tangent.

God gave. Adam and Eve free will after He created them
    That's right. Free will was a thing before the event. There is no more free will. We have already chosen. The choice was death. Now we are in the Devil's playground...sin makes the choice for us, sin has already made the choice for us. Whether you know it or not, sin is directing your choice...and we will always choose sin unless the intervention of God.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 23, 2023, 07:48 PM
    After the fall man no longer has free will. Free will is the power or capacity of humans to make decisions or perform actions independently of any prior event or prior state of the universe.
    Not true. We have free will. We can make choices.

Sep 23, 2023, 07:51 PM
    Don't you understand? We have already made our choice... Adam and Eve made the choice for us.
    What? You didn't get a say? Sin already made that choice for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Afterlife and about spirits [ 6 Answers ]

Why do I feel spirits and not see the? Why do they come when I'm sleeping? What does it mean when I can't move,cant speak, heart beats fast and my eyes role back?

I want to know if there is shopping in the afterlife? [ 4 Answers ]

I know that when I fall asleep at night, I visit the astral world. Sometimes, I am hanging out with deceased friends by swimming and exploring areas of the this world. One thing that baffles me is that I see shops and restaurants that I enter with my friends. They sit down to eat or shop but I can...

Is there an afterlife? [ 54 Answers ]

Do you believe in a life after death? Even if you do not,if there was the remotest possibility that a life after death existed,what will you willingly give up or struggle to do in order to be happy in the next life? I do believe in an afterlife(as most of you who know me has already heard...

In the afterlife [ 1 Answers ]

This song comes on at the end of the movie DEAD MAN on CAMPUS. I've search for it everywhere, it is NOT on the soundtrack and I saw no credit for it as the movie ended. Help it's a great song

Afterlife [ 3 Answers ]

What does seeing a deceased loved one in another form mean?

View more questions Search