Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2011, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadStrongBoy View Post
    Not at all. The verses you've quoted come from the Bible. No doubt about that. But you've presented them in a way that slants your message in a certain direction. Talk about lack of balance !!!

To be faithful to the whole Bible (the whole gospel) we must remember to include the warning about Judgment Day, May 21, 2011. Which is almost upon us now.
    I am faithful to the whole bible. I rightly divide it and put it into context. Something you simply cannont and will not do. If those verses I posted are not true, than Paul lied and the Lord Jesus lied. There ain't no slanting to it... good grief.It is what it is.

I don't understand what your point is anyway. Even if you want to spout that poo concerning May 21,2011, What is it you want everyone to do? Because according to your doctrine of goofy demons, we can't come to the Lord Jesus anyway. We can't believe in him, we can't accept his finished work as enough... that isn't the way of salvation. So? Ok dooms day is May 21, 2011... SO? Big hairy deal. Que sera sera
    HeadStrongBoy Posts: 351, Reputation: -4

Mar 11, 2011, 05:51 PM
    classyT said: I am faithful to the whole bible. I rightly divide it and put it into context.
    Excuse me, but NOT !

You do know some parts of the Bible. But you certainly do not understand God's plan of salvation at all.

You may think you're being faithful to the whole Bible. But you're not. You certainly have no harmony with the scriptures in Ephesians that tell about predestination. You certainly have no harmony with Exodus 31:13 that tells about a very important part of God's salvation. Those two specifics are just for starters. You also probably have no understanding of Judgment Day either. Else you'd be warning the world about it.

There's much more to being faithful to the whole Bible than just saying you are. Unless you can show harmony among all the various major contradictions (real or merely perceived), you do not have the truth. You merely have some bits and pieces here and there, that you've assembled into what seems to be acceptable to most non-thinking churchgoers.
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2011, 07:02 PM

Headstrong,

I said is that I rightly divide the word of truth. I'd rather be Christ conscience than self conscience. My faithfulness isn't what matters... it is all about HIM.

You didn't answer my question... What is your point? What do you have to offer HSB, according to your doctine if the world ends in May?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2011, 09:04 PM

Time to ask a new question
    Follow me to may 21,2011
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2011, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by southamerica View Post
    The tsunami that hit Japan is an indicator of what an 8.8 earthquake is capable of. And an earthquake is an indicator of plate tectonics. Plate tectonics are a part of the geology of the Earth.

Okay I'm not much of a scientist AT ALL but I at least know that there are physical reasons earthquakes and tsunamis happen.

My heart aches for Japan and those who lost homes and loved ones. I pray for their healing.

I am sorry to have revisited this thread, I just do not like it when people use natural disasters or terrorism as a reason to say people must repent.

The bible says it is the goodness of God that makes man repent. So I agree with you.

Romans 2:4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

Mar 12, 2011, 11:24 PM
    The only way to find God is to become truly humble. The Bible teaches that "He gives grace (grace is a synonym for salvation) to the humble, and He resists the proud."

Believe that Judgment Day will be May 21, 2011. Believing is obedience. And obedience is a sign of humility. It MAY BE that God will spare some of us.
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2011, 08:47 AM

Believing is NOT obedience! When we believe obedience follows as an action of our belief.

Ephesians wasn't written to the UNbeliever. It was written to the Christian. Predestination is not a term that is EVER used for the people who have never accepted the Lord Jesus Christ. It is NOT the gospel and shouldn't be preached as the gospel. The gospel is whosoever will may come. So sunshine, you are wrong yet AGAIN.

We are to humble ourselves before God. But that means acknowledging we have no power in an of ourselves to fix the separation between God and man because of sin. And to accept the perfect sacrifice and gift in Jesus Christ. THAT is how we humble ourselves.

Mar 13, 2011, 03:43 PM
    Triund asked: Am I seeking HIM in the right way or pushing my envelop?
    It's not about any particular activity. Though Bible study and prayer are most excellent. God seeks those with a broken spirit and a contrite heart. He alone CAN see into a person's heart, mind, or soul. And God does command us to believe in Him, and He commands us to seek Him. But we are capable of only imperfect obedience. And all our obedience amounts to nothing more than "filthy rags." Even our very best efforts.

But God has defined the parameters of the environment in which He does select some to be saved. That environment consists of two parts. One is the "hearing" of the word of God. Because "faith (faith is a synonym for Christ) cometh by hearing." And the other parameter is humility or obedience. Obedience is a sign of humility. But all of those efforts to enter the proper environment are still works on our part. And they (our works) do not guarantee our salvation at all. In fact they do just the opposite. Trusting our own works (efforts) to make us right with God guarantees that we will end up under the judgment and the wrath of God. That is what Exodus 31:13 and Numbers 15:33-36 is all about. Maybe I'll expound on the specifics of those passages another time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did God die on the Cross? Is Mary the Mother of God? [ 10 Answers ]

Did God die on the Cross? Is Mary the Mother of God? If God died on the Cross then Mary is the Mother of God, the same logic applies to both. I say that God died on the Cross because Jesus is God and Jesus died on the Cross. I say that Mary is the Mother of God, because Jesus is God and...

Science Vs. Religion (GOD) continued: GOD created man in his own image. [ 145 Answers ]

K, so we can argue till the cows come home, about this but there is a lot of good feed back from the last one I had, I like to hear others ideas. I"m going to simplify this one though, to avoid loosing the topic. Lets go with the idea that some scientific professionals believe that...

View more questions Search