Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 01:33 PM

And ALL shall bow to He that is NK!

Who would have thunk it? All this time even God is an atheist!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 01:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gromitt82 View Post
    Fred is certainly lucky! In my case, I have not had the chance of any personal experience I could assume as a proof that GOD exists. However, I have replaced it by evidence which, as far as I am concerned, is more than enough to be considered as a proof, i.e. the observation of the Firmament at night!!

In fact, whenever I have been able to look at the grandiose spectacle that offer us our Universe, I could say I have almost physically seen how all these zillions of stars were coming out of GOD's hands. I realize this is just a fantasy but Faith can take you to this kind of dreams. And for many people like me, our Faith is the only proof we need. So, in a way, I guess we are also quite lucky!

:):)
    I have no evidence, no proof, just a belief, an unexplainable, unsubstantiated, possibly totatally ridiculous belief. Nevertheless, I do believe.

I look at the sky and I see stars, balls of burning gas, I don't think of God when viewing those stars. I look at my children, I love them so much, did God create them? I'm pretty sure I had a hand in it, I vividly remember labor and birth, yup, it was all me.

Yes, faith is the only thing we have, but is that proof? No, it's belief. Proof would imply that faith alone is good enough to substantiate the existence of God.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2008, 02:30 AM

I, for my part was lucky enough to see some people being healed through people, by God's power. I can't explain what happened, but the results are there. I myself couldn't believe at first, but I gave in and accepted it.

I'll add that this belief is more than a simple and insignificant belief for me, but something that I cannot explain, it's beyond my understanding.

I'm not trying to make anyone believe me, but if you do, that's your choice. I don't want to put pressure on anyone, just sharing what I know and have seen.

Blessings to you.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Oct 4, 2008, 06:55 PM

I can heal people; they just have to be in on the trick as well. Also if you have ever actually talked to someone who says they are healed in during the event aren't actually healed after the event they just go along with it during because they don't want to embaris themselves. The emporer has no clothes; its just that no one at the event has the stones to tell him.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Oct 5, 2008, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    "Atheist solve their problems without bothering God .."
    That is a fact...

"The irony - atheist do not believe in God!"
    Of course they don't. Atheist do not care if "God" exists. Some even believe that "God" does not exist. Most Atheists ignore the religious claims on the existence of "god" or "gods" as there is no OSE for any such wild claims.

"That is, God prefers people that don't believe in His existence. That is a good one.
    A typical theist approach. As Atheists either ignore or reject the existence of "god(s)", why would any Atheist care about what an entity - which he/she ignores or rejects - would think? For an Atheist an entity he/she ignores or rejects does not think - because it does not exist, at least there is no OSE for it's existence.

:rolleyes:

Uber Member

Oct 5, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by michealb View Post
    I can heal people; they just have to be in on the trick as well. Also if you have ever actually talked to someone who says they are healed in during the event aren't actually healed after the event they just go along with it during because they don't want to embaris themselves. The emporer has no clothes; its just that no one at the event has the stones to tell him.
    Actually I know someone.:cool: And he has now a great faith in God, he surprises even me.

:rolleyes:

Peace
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2008, 09:36 PM
    DrJizzle,
    You are right.
    There are a great number of things that science can not prove exist or do NOT exist... or... why the law of human nature is as it is as explained in the book Simple Christianity.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    -

Oct 6, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    There are a great number of things that science can not prove exist or do NOT exist.... or.... why the law of human nature is as it is as explained in the book Simple Christianity.
    Yes, dear Fred ! You are partly right on that.
    Science can not explain and prove everything that exists or is. But in my views there is nothing wrong in admitting that you do not know everything. As long as scientists do their best to explain and support these explanations with as much as they can with proof (OSE). And that they all do. It is the basis of all science : ideas, explanations, testing (in some cases also rejection), support, proof, OSE.
    Science EXPLAINS things, and does so with suggestions and ideas which are being tested, checked and re-checked to make sure they all are as near as possible to reality. Science in general does not make use of empty wild claims based on dogma and/or one single book that is beyond scrutiny.

However : religion - in this specific case Christianity - explains things by making use of claims and dogma, without any support other than BELIEF. There is no OSE of any religious explanation. There is no testing, checking, and re-checking of any claims. It's just what there is in the book : take it or be damned...

The simple book you refer to indeed provides a lot of claimed explanations. But if these have any connection with the real world is an entire different matter !

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2008, 07:16 PM
    Cred,
    Religion explains things that are spiritual in nature.
    From my point of view those are eternal not temporal as is science.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Oct 8, 2008, 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Then what am I? I belong to no religion, I pray to no god, there is no bible in our house.

You an agnostic. Athiests don't exist.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2008, 09:31 AM
    Ok, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Oct 8, 2008, 09:40 AM
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by michealb View Post
    I'm sorry I disagree I honestly don't believe in a higher power or god. I think that people who believe are illogical and I believe it to be on par with believing in a tooth fairy or big foot.
    Interestingly enough, you have dedicated quite a lot of your free time to argueing about a subject you find as ridicoulous as the tooth fairy. Mmm... quite commical. :D

Oct 8, 2008, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    You personally, in other words, in your heart you know, but in reality you can't prove what you claim to know. That's why it's still a belief to us.

Peace.
    In that case your belief that "we just believe and dont know" is also just a belief to us unless you can prove that we don't know. In reality you can't prove what you are claiming either. It is just your opinion base on your belief.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 8, 2008, 02:04 PM

Sassy, what kind of logic is that?

No, I can't believe that God doesn't exist, nor do I wish to. I believe in God, but I do not have any proof of his existence, no one does, otherwise everyone would believe, they'd be foolish not to.

To use your logic from another thread. I know that red shirts exist, I have a few myself, so when you say you know you're wearing a red shirt, I have no reason to dispute that, it's entirely possible that you are. But to say that you know something that has yet to be proven to exist, that isn't logical and not a legitimate claim.

Peace
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Oct 8, 2008, 02:34 PM
    [QUOTE=sassyT;1311272]

Interestingly enough, you have dedicated quite a lot of your free time to argueing about a subject you find as ridicoulous as the tooth fairy. Mmm... quite commical. :D
    Just because I don't believe in something doesn't mean I can't find it interesting. In fact if I ever find myself with more money than sense I think it would great to hunt for Atlantis. I know Atlantis is a story and I'm not going to find it but I would enjoy the hunt.

Also your telling me that if there was a large group of people that thought the tooth fairy was real. You wouldn't find that interesting. Especially when there is nothing you can do to change their minds. I would find it odd if you didn't find that interesting.
    -

Oct 8, 2008, 04:07 PM
    SassyT to NeedKarma:
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT View Post
    You an agnostic. Athiests dont exist.
    Atheists don't exist?

What is Atheism? / What is an Atheist?

ATHEISM

A THEISM

A = No(t) or Without

THEISM = Belief in "God" or "Gods"

ATHEISM = No or Without Belief in "God" or "Gods"

There are many hundreds of millions of people who have no (or are without) belief in "God" or "Gods".
    Ergo : there are many hundreds of millions of people who are Atheist.

So sassyT : you were wrong once again !

ATHEISTS EXIST ! ! !

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2008, 07:15 PM
    Actually there are a number of proofs that God exists and some have been in existence for centuries.
    The problem is that that some people refuse to accept them.
    They want scientific proof not logical and/or philosophical proofs.
    Google proof of God on your computer to find many.
    Fred
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2008, 12:50 AM

Ah! Good point Fred! :D

Oct 9, 2008, 11:17 AM
    [QUOTE][QUOTE=michealb;1311750]
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT View Post

Just because I don't believe in something doesn't mean I can't find it interesting. In fact if I ever find myself with more money than sense I think it would great to hunt for Atlantis. I know Atlantis is a story and I'm not going to find it but I would enjoy the hunt.

Also your telling me that if there was a large group of people that thought the tooth fairy was real. You wouldn't find that interesting. Especially when there is nothing you can do to change their minds. I would find it odd if you didn't find that interesting.
    Lol.. I find it interesting that there are still people who believe the earth is flat, however I do not find it interesting to the extent that I dedicate my life's free time arguing against such people on an online forum. I don't know that's just me, maybe I just a have life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

These are amazing. [ 114 Answers ]

7 (More!) Underground Wonders of the World: Lost Caverns and Buried Cities | WebUrbanist 7 Most Amazing Caves of our World

Does anyone else find this amazing? [ 1 Answers ]

It puts our little planet in proportion to the universe. irReligion.org » We’re But A Speck In The Universe

Amazing pictures [ 2 Answers ]

From National Geographic online, pictures of a comet that has it's tail whacked off! Photo in the News: Comet Loses Tail in Space Collision

View more questions Search