Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Sep 3, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    yup barefoot in the kitchen that's where Dems want their women and as I stated on the other posting ;if they have 5 children they should be looking for a government handout.

:eek: Wow! Tom! Congrats! I'm not going to even touch that. That was an open mouth and insert foot moment. You better hope Democrat voting hard working moms are not paying attention to this post. You're a brave man. Good luck. :D
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 04:26 PM
    If I were the repubs strategists I wouldn't let Tucker boy near a camera again. Problem was he actually believed the BS he was spinning. Hahaha! They've really made a rod for their back with this choice haven't they!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2008, 05:40 PM
    What I am so upset about is those who attack her for being a mother and saying she should be at home. Where is the women's right groups, where is NOW and some of the others jumping to her rescue because of this attack on her being a working mother.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Sep 3, 2008, 07:46 PM
    Chuck, I've learned that according to Tom that they're in the kitchen barefoot considering that fifth child and looking for government handouts. You better hope Democrat voting hard working moms are not paying attention to this post. Good luck to you "padre."
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    As to Bristol being pregnant at 17, that is her family's business.
    When Sarah Palin claims to be a Christian conservative and preaches abstinence-only as birth control, her unwed pregnant teen daughter makes Mom's beliefs look a little suspicious and leaves her wide open to comment and criticism.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2008, 08:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    What I am so upset about is those who attack her for being a mother and saying she should be at home. Where is the womens right groups, where is NOW and some of the others jumping to her rescue because of this attack on her being a working mother.
    If I had five kids, one an infant with Down's syndrome, you can bet I would be at home.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 09:13 PM
    I thought Pappy Palin was home with the kids? Usually one adult is all that's considered necessary -- no matter how many kids.

Didn't Mr. Palin quit his oil co. job when it presented a conflict of interest with Palin's job as governor?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 10:46 PM
    If she can't convince / persuade her 17 year old daughter to fall in line with her beliefs then how is anyone else expected to take her seriously. C'mon...

The inexperience issue has just been completely taken out of the election.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 02:18 AM
    If I had five kids, one an infant with Down's syndrome, you can bet I would be at home.
    Joe Biden said his toughest decision was continuing his public career or raising his kids after his wife and a child died in a car accident . His choice was to do both. Why is it not Palins right to make a similar choice? I thought that is what the women's movement was all about ;the right for women to make a choice.
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 02:50 AM
    You better hope Democrat voting hard working moms are not paying attention to this post.
    You better hope that the Democrat voting hard working moms are not paying attention to the cr*p coming from the MSM and the lib bloggers.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 4, 2008, 03:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    Spot on!!
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 03:28 AM
    Or in other words : Sarah Palin: Only five abortions away from the presidency.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2008, 03:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    or in other words : Sarah Palin: Only five abortions away from the presidency.
    If that's what you believe then that's pretty twisted.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 4, 2008, 04:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    If that's what you believe then that's pretty twisted.
    Another Spot on!!
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 04:12 AM
    90% of women who learn their baby has Downs syndrome abort their child. What is being said here is because she chose to have the baby then she should be a stay at home mom.... or am I missing something ?

Joe Biden got ovations when he spoke of his sacrifices in raising his children while still persuing a public career (he still commutes daily from Delaware to Washington) .But Palin is faulted here ;in the press and the liberal blogsphere for doing the very same thing .
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 05:13 AM
    I am the mother of a child with special needs. He is Mentally Retarded and Developmentally Delayed (MR/DD) and I have worked outside the home before he was born and went back to work shortly after I delivered. Am I a bad mother because I had to work to keep the bills paid or is she a bad mother because she chose to work in politics? Do you remember Hillary's reaction when it was suggested she should be a stay at home wife/mother?
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 05:19 AM
    As cred says... spot on!!
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 06:29 AM
    It's her right to work outside the home and attepmt a work/family balance, and really, I applaud her for it. It's a tough decision to make. But that doesn't mean everyone will agree with her decision - especially the social conservatives. Many people feel a woman's place is in the home with the children, especially when one has special needs and one is unwed and pregnant. My local news station interviewed several women the day she was announced as the VP and all of them said two things;

1. I won't vote for her because she's a woman - she's not a substitute for Hilary (or, if they didn't support Hilary to begin with; Who's going to vote for her if they were supporting Hilary? Their policies are different.)

2. It's tough to balance work and family, she should be at home with her children where she's needed.

Is it an antiquated POV, sure. But there are plenty of people out there who think she's making a mistake by not being with her children.

And yes, her daughter being pregnant is family business, but it speaks volumes that she was unable to impose her morals and values on to her own family. Yes, her daughter didn't abort, but she wouldn't be pregnant to begin with if she had her mother's values. Obama doesn't have to say anything about it - it says enough on its own and he looks like the golden boy by saying it's a "family issue".
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Ultimately if you give a solid foundation for the children ,you hope and pray for the best. It is not an indictment on the parents necessarily when a child strays and I for one would not impose that "guilt " on parents out of hand.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2008, 06:46 AM
    But had the child been educated that there were other birth control options then a pregnancy may not have happened.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Qualifiers for US Vice President? [ 6 Answers ]

Can an ex US President take on a Vice Presidential role?

Vice President of LLC legal liabilty [ 2 Answers ]

What is the legal liabilty of the Vice President of an LLC? Can he be held liable for unpaid taxes?

Roles of the vice president [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: WHAT ARE THE ROLES OF THE VICE PRESIDENT BY THE PRESIDENT?

Vice-President Alvin Barkley [ 3 Answers ]

Why did Vice-President Alvin Barkley only serve one term as VP?

View more questions Search