Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

May 19, 2010, 05:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackVY View Post
    Cool Clough... thanks for the links... Interesting, the last one especially... where you had screenshots of the sheet music... impressive, but I can't read that stuff, so I have my music with the chord above the lyrics. I will have to learn how to read music eventually, but I haven't picked up my guitar and played it seriously for a while, but I do jam with my sister for fun from time to time...

I will have to get a guitar for myself sometime... or my wife will get it for me.. :)

I can't read music either. But I can play the flute and the sax and the clarinet. I taught myself by listening to a song over and over again, until I just figured it out. I was in Band for 3 years, and failed every year because I couldn't read sheet music. Didn't matter that I could play just as good as the first stringers. :rolleyes:
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2010, 05:22 AM

I'd have to say:

Snake Piss - My Bag.

It's my band.
    Dogs Expert

May 19, 2010, 05:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    I'd have to say:

Snake Piss - My Bag.

It's my band.
    Me likey!
    Which one are you?
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2010, 06:10 AM
    Thanks!

I'm the drummer.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 19, 2010, 06:14 AM
    I like too, but who is the dead dude with the brown hat on? Wish we could see more of the band.
    Dogs Expert

May 19, 2010, 12:01 PM

LOL J!! Ya the video definitely made me nauseous.
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2010, 02:21 PM

I don't know who filmed it, he didn't do a very good job.

Here's another one from over a year ago, it was my GNR cover band. I was wearing a wig. Sound is awful

Cocaine Tongue - Rocket Queen
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 19, 2010, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackVY View Post
    Cool Clough... thanks for the links... Interesting, the last one especially... where you had screenshots of the sheet music... impressive, but I can't read that stuff, so I have my music with the chord above the lyrics. I will have to learn how to read music eventually, but I haven't picked up my guitar and played it seriously for a while, but I do jam with my sister for fun from time to time...

I will have to get a guitar for myself sometime... or my wife will get it for me.. :)
    I can actually teach you right on this site, how to be able to jam using jazz and/or folk melodies, chords and rhythms with anyone so that both persons would be successful. It would be a win-win situation!

The other person, or both, would need to be able to play the notes on a keyboard of some kind in the simple way that I would teach them to play them.

Since you already play some on the guitar, you could use that, too!
    Uber Member

May 19, 2010, 05:46 PM
    Originally Posted by BlackVY

I will have to get a guitar for myself sometime... or my wife will get it for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I can't read music either. But I can play the flute and the sax and the clarinet. I taught myself by listening to a song over and over again, until I just figured it out. I was in Band for 3 years, and failed every year because I couldn't read sheet music. Didn't matter that I could play just as good as the first stringers. :rolleyes:
    Do you still have those instruments, Aurora_Bell?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

May 19, 2010, 05:49 PM
    When I have a faster connection, I would like to be able to listen to your band, slapshot_oi!
    Dogs Expert

May 19, 2010, 10:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Do you still have those instruments, Aurora_Bell?

Thanks!
    I do, just not the flute. But I would need to get some new reids.
    Uber Member

May 19, 2010, 11:46 PM
    Are you interested in playing the instruments that you still have, Aurora_Bell?
    Dogs Expert

May 20, 2010, 04:11 AM

Oh yes I pick them up all the time, fool around, learn new songs, try to remember old ones. Why do you ask?
    Uber Member

May 20, 2010, 12:07 PM
    I ask because I'm wondering if you would like to learn how to read music that's written for them?
    Dogs Expert

May 20, 2010, 12:09 PM

Wow. Do you think you can teach me? I took band class for 3 years! I would love to try!
    Uber Member

May 20, 2010, 12:14 PM
    Yes! I can teach you!

It would need to be the subject of another thread, though.
    Dogs Expert

May 20, 2010, 12:21 PM

Great Clough, that sounds awesome. Let me get some new reids over the week end. And I will start a thread Monday morning. I suppose I would DL video's to YouTube?
    Uber Member

May 20, 2010, 12:26 PM
    We'll need to discuss things...

You might not need to download anything to YouTube, but I'm not sure at this point.

I'll be back on here in about eight hours. Need to go tune a piano for a customer, go to a rehearsal and then a meeting.

Thanks!
    Dogs Expert

May 20, 2010, 12:27 PM

Talk to you then!
    Bubbles2222345 Posts: 138, Reputation: 0

Mar 6, 2013, 07:34 AM
    Get Into The Groove by Madonna

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who Makes the Next Move? [ 9 Answers ]

I was dating a girl for almost 3 years when we decided to call it quits. That was 4 months ago and it was a very stressfull point in both of our lives (I was finishing college and she was entering her senior year). Since then I've been trying to fix things, and recently I've been working on...

I have a fried who swears he makes 250K. How do I find out how much he really makes? [ 12 Answers ]

:D I have a friend who swears he makes 250K. How do I find out how much he really makes?

My boyfriend never makes the first move and makes a lot of excuses about sex [ 14 Answers ]

Well I am a recovered sex addict and I have some emotional issues as well but sex if very important to me and my boyfriend and me never have sex anymore I don't remember the last time we even were intimate sometimes if I start touching on him he will normally just jerk off to finish and its so...

She said she "usually makes the first move." [ 10 Answers ]

I still haven't called her, Im standing strong with no contact... but Id like a few opinoins on this.. (more random questions looming in my head) When we first got together.. (we met online) She flew down to see me first. That first weekend, I kissed her in an evevator after out first...

View more questions Search