Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2013, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:
    Really? What do these volunteers USE to fight these fires?? Buckets?? Do the volunteers bring their OWN, or does your community supply them? Alrighty, then. You own some buckets.

Yes, Steve. EVERY community owns a fire truck, and a school bus, and police cars. And, YOU pay for them whether you LIKE it or not. It's MANDATED.
    Sorry dude but you're just wrong on that, on every point. Not only do some communities not own firetrucks, some who do won't respond if you don't pay them - it isn't mandated. You forget, I work with VFD's all over the region, they rely on donations and grants for the most part.

Besides... Aren't YOU a guy who supports our Constitution?? SCOTUS says the mandate is Constitutional? Or do you Pick which parts of the Constitution you support??
    Do you agree with every SCOTUS decision? I didn't think so.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2013, 09:14 AM
    Besides that many if not most School systems don't own a single Bus... they lease them, from a third party who also provides the drivers.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2013, 09:28 AM
    Hello tom:
    Screw the iPhone.. Let's talk about the mandate on you to BUY a firetruck...

You don't deny that you own a piece of a firetruck, do you? You don't deny that you're FORCED to pay for it, do you??

Nuff said.

excon
    Lol .I'm all for it. Communities have all types of impositions including land use restrictions ,zoning ,tax funding priorities . But the Federal Government is restrained by the US constitution (despite Chief Justice Robert's twisting of it's words ) .
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2013, 03:03 PM
    Just 51,000 people completed Obamacare applications during its first week, according to MailOnline, The target for the 6 month open enrollment period is 7 million for the program to be financially feasible. At this rate, they will come up 5 million short.
    Administration sources: Obamacare website received just 51,000 completed insurance applications | Mail Online
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2013, 03:59 PM
    Some people just want to be proven right but human nature being what it is there will be a rush in the last few days. Anyway monolithic software systems are not the solution to social problems
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2013, 04:04 PM
    Neither is statism .
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2013, 04:24 PM
    I suggest that any form of ism is not a solution
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2013, 10:46 AM
    The good news just keeps rolling in. Higher premiums, worse coverage, less money in your pocket - and it's all mandated.

Adam Weldzius, a nurse practitioner, considers himself better informed than most when it comes to the inner workings of health insurance. But even he wasn’t prepared for the pocketbook hit he’ll face next year under President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul.

If the 33-year-old single father wants the same level of coverage next year as what he has now with the same insurer and the same network of doctors and hospitals, his monthly premium of $233 will more than double. If he wants to keep his monthly payments in check, the Carpentersville resident is looking at an annual deductible for himself and his 7-year-old daughter of $12,700, a more than threefold increase from $3,500 today.

“I believe everybody should be able to have health insurance, but at the same time, I’m being penalized. And for what?” said Weldzius, who is not offered insurance through his employer. “For someone who’s always had insurance, who’s always taken care of myself, now I have to change my plan?”
    But, but, if you like your insurance you can KEEP it! I guess we'll all have to make less so we can afford health care now.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 14, 2013, 01:55 PM
    60% of Americans have employer based insurance. They already meet the new law requirements (98% do any way,the rest have a years to do so.)

15% of Americans have NO insurance. They have until April to do so.

25% of Americans buy their own insurance as individuals. Two options, pay the open market rates, or pay the exchange rates.

States that expand Medicaid will save billions, states that don't will pay billions. This ain't rocket science, so stop whining. Do your own math, like everyone is supposed too.

Now where we can agree is the technological rollout of Obama Care/ACA/Exchanges. I would have Amazon.com doing the websites. They worked out their glitches just fine.

Amazon.com - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like other online commercial sites, once the bugs are out its full speed ahead, and that's a matter of time. You do know you can shop insurance rates in your states and apply online already don't you?

Google or Bing health insurance companies in the state of........(insert state)........!

Health Insurance Online - Free Quotes and Information | HealthCare.com
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2013, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    States that expand Medicaid will save billions, states that don't will pay billions.
    Please name the states that didn't expand Medicaid. I think there are 20 or so that opted out.
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2013, 02:25 PM
    I repeat...

If the 33-year-old single father wants the same level of coverage next year as what he has now with the same insurer and the same network of doctors and hospitals, his monthly premium of $233 will more than double. If he wants to keep his monthly payments in check, the Carpentersville resident is looking at an annual deductible for himself and his 7-year-old daughter of $12,700, a more than threefold increase from $3,500 today.

“I believe everybody should be able to have health insurance, but at the same time, I'm being penalized. And for what?” said Weldzius, who is not offered insurance through his employer. “For someone who's always had insurance, who's always taken care of myself, now I have to change my plan?”
    Expert

Oct 14, 2013, 02:31 PM
    'The Daily Show' Wonders Why 26 States Didn't Expand Medicaid - Arit John - The Atlantic Wire

"It must be a pretty eclectic group with many different reasons to explain why they would turn down federal money to bring healthcare to their working poor," Jon Stewart said. "Or maybe there was just one reason." Like, all of those states have Republican governors and/or legislatures.
    This is a good article, judge it for yourself.

Medicaid Expansion & States: Will They or Won

But to answer your question here is a map.

Where each state stands on ACA's Medicaid expansion | The Advisory Board Daily Briefing

http://www.advisory.com/~/media/Advi...id_map_OLD.jpg
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2013, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I repeat...
    This is the result of living in a free and unregulated society, the insurance companies decide what the premium is and they found a way to gouge the insured
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2013, 02:53 PM
    No it aint them . The Obots decided to intentionally raise the rates on the healthy and young .
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapoth...ns-true-costs/
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2013, 03:01 PM
    So what you are saying is they pay over their life time rather than being allowed to game the system
    Expert

Oct 14, 2013, 03:10 PM
    Young people are guaranteed to be old people, and as we keep making babies, and we will, the system will sustain itself.

The Obots decided to intentionally raise the rates on the healthy and young.
    They weren't paying anything before the ACA.
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2013, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Young people are guaranteed to be old people, and as we keep making babies, and we will, the system will sustain itself.

They weren't paying anything before the ACA.
    And that's not fair, right? Why should the old people meet all the costs of the system. However the insurance companies should have been prevented from changing the nature and cost of existing products in order to pass costs on to existing clients
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2013, 03:32 AM
    The denial of the left is amazing . The only thing that changed in the market is the implimentation of Obamacare . Yet you blame the insurance companies .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2013, 04:14 AM
    Hello again, tom:
    The only thing that changed in the market is the implimentation of Obamacare . Yet you blame the insurance companies .
    I don't know how to break it to you, but the insurance companies are INTEGRAL to Obamacare. I'd rather he kicked them to the curb, but he's really a right winger, after all.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2013, 05:03 AM
    Hello again, tom:I don't know how to break it to you, but the insurance companies are INTEGRAL to Obamacare. I'd rather he kicked them to the curb, but he's really a right winger, after all.

excon
    Ex you know that without the single payer option you have to have someone in play,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obamacare 2.0 [ 440 Answers ]

Health Insurance Brokers Prepare Clients For Obamacare Sticker Shock - Forbes Yeah it's the greedy provider's fault that they have to double rates to cover all the mandates in the plan. Yeah the Obots were slick making sure all the low hanging fruit ;all the carrots like allowing your kids...

Obamacare For The Poor [ 18 Answers ]

What happens in 2014. Women 60 years old is unemployed and has a preexisting condition. Has been denied medicaid in Florida, she did not met the current guild-lines. Only income is from her husband's social security check. I wonder what will happen in this type of situation??

Obamacare... [ 6 Answers ]

What exactly does it mean? I've heard different things from different people and don't know what to believe...

Obamacare's unconstitutional [ 17 Answers ]

That's what U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson said today. He said the mandate requiring people to have medical insurance exceeds all constitutional "logical limitations ". Judge in Va. strikes down federal health care law - Yahoo! News If one part of Obamacare goes down then the whole law...

Alternatives to Obamacare; [ 178 Answers ]

Obamacare, whatever that may be, is unpopular, not cost effective , and offensive to the people it is to care for and from whom paid taxes into this. It is time to move on and look at alternatives to Obamacare and the CURRENT healthcare system we have in place. The ultimate goal being to provide...

View more questions Search