Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nickshehe Posts: 254, Reputation: 47

Jul 14, 2008, 11:08 AM
    Nice to see you all again.. :]
    Haven't posted in a while.. been busy as such traveling around...
    For those who remember me, It's been about 5 months since we broke up, 4 months of NC..
    I hadn't seen her or spoken to her for 4 months(in those 4 months she would try make contact but I wouldn't reply)...
    Saw her at a concert and we both basically pretended we were strangers to each other.. she didn't even greet my friends, I greeted hers and sat with a couple of them for a bit...
    The wound still feels sore.. and I still miss her sometimes..
    Still write songs about her..
    Didn't expect her to come talking to me to be honest, after all I've been ignoring her for the past 4 months.. but I'm sure she knows of the songs so her head is in the clouds...
    Not much to do but keep walking I guess and hope things work out for the best..
    I didn't think 5 months down the line id still be thinking about a 10 month relationship... but what can I do?
    Chin up guys..
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Jul 14, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nickshehe
    but im sure she knows of the songs so her head is in the clouds...
    Is that your intention?

Personally, I think writing songs is a great way to get your mind off things, or to express yourself, but I wouldn't go out of my way to make sure that she sees/hears them. That's borderline cruel...

Jul 14, 2008, 11:15 AM
    I hope you mean its cruel to myself, revisiting those old feelings.. I don't see how it could be cruel to her - from what I gathered she couldn't care less what I'm up too, but I don't blame her - I'm the abnormal one who's still getting my head together..
    And no I don't bother, I don't contact her at all.. I just have my own myspace and YouTube channel, and her friends are somewhat fans.. so I'm quite sure they reach her ears... It's not my intention though. Im pretty sure she laughs to herself... Still somewhat cathartic for me
    kaneda Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

Jul 14, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Another NC day udner my belt. Soon it will have been two weeks,which would be my all time record. I feel fine,although some days I sit and cry and miss him. But I am, ever so slowly, moving on.

Jul 14, 2008, 11:34 AM
    I hope you mean its cruel to myself, revisiting those old feelings..I dont see how it could be cruel to her - from what I gathered she couldn't care less what I'm up too, but I don't blame her - im the abnormal one who's still getting my head together..
    and no I dont bother, I dont contact her at all..I just have my own myspace and youtube channel, and her friends are somewhat fans..so im quite sure they reach her ears...It's not my intention though. Im pretty sure she laughs to herself...Still somewhat cathartic for me
    I did mean cruel to her, but if she's digging for them, looking for them and trying to see what your up to, that's not your concern. Your putting them in your own personal space, so if she goes looking she gets what she deserves. What I meant was I wouldn't go out of my way to make sure she hears them (e.g. sending them directly to her).

I use music as well, and it helps. As long as it helps, I'll keep it up, and you should to.

Hope I cleared that up. :p
    jiltedgirl Posts: 125, Reputation: 23

Jul 14, 2008, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hjpan
    Your boyfriend is a douche. I hate people who have so much pride that they turn arrogant.
    Indeed! Hence, his status as an EX-boyfriend. :rolleyes:

Anyway, still keeping busy with school/tests/work hjpan? I'm currently studying for the LSATs in hopes that some law school will take me. (shoot me, please... :eek: )

And congrats, kaneda! You're moving on and that's what matters, not the pace at which you're doing it. :)

Jul 14, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Big, I didn't mean her head were in the clouds due to the songs glorifying her, because they don't.. It's just I heard through a mutual friend that she heard about a few of them and she felt somewhat "good" at me still being there in a sense..
    Anyway no harm done :)
    spion_kop Posts: 48, Reputation: 9

Jul 14, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Hey guys, this past weekend was amazing. I went to my friend's cottage and we had an absolute blast. It took my mind off a lot of things and I got complemented left right and center because of the weight that I have lost.

My ex called me, and get this, around 13 times on Saturday, and left me a text asking me to pick up the phone. My friends told me to pick it up and tell her to F off but I reminded them that this is exactly what she wants. She wants me to answer so that she can relieve the guilt in her and (by the looks of it) get some comfort from her crumbling relationship.

I knew from deep within my heart that she does love me but just needed to find out for herself and I've given her that. But she did all this at my expense and that is something I won't forget which is why I have ignored all her phone calls.
    It took me a lot of determination to not answer the phone and it has worked. She will not get the best of me.
    If she wants to talk to me, she knows where I live, but that still doesn't mean that I'll answer my door.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jul 14, 2008, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jiltedgirl
    Indeed! Hence, his status as an EX-boyfriend. :rolleyes:

Anyway, still keeping busy with school/tests/work hjpan? I'm currently studying for the LSATs in hopes that some law school will take me. (shoot me, please... :eek: )

And congrats, kaneda!! You're moving on and that's what matters, not the pace at which you're doing it. :)
    Hahaha xD
    Yeh.. I am busy with my studies :D
    Looking towards technical school & work afterwards :P

Jul 14, 2008, 08:00 PM
    big, I didnt mean her head were in the clouds due to the songs glorifying her, because they don't..It's just I heard through a mutual friend that she heard about a few of them and she felt somewhat "good" at me still being there in a sense..
    anyway no harm done :)
    Yep, I misunderstood heh.

Anyway, do you play an instrument, or do you just sing?

Jul 14, 2008, 08:24 PM
    Ill private message my myspace/youtube ;p

Jul 14, 2008, 08:39 PM
    It's been almost 3 weeks of NC.... my urges are still there =/

Anyways, I won't bee seeing her in SF for a year... I'll be concentrating on technical school and getting a state certificate to operate in homes or hospitals :)

Looks like I'll be making 20k/year as a 19-20 year old :D
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Looks like I'll be making 20k/year as a 19-20 year old :D
    Showoff.

... if all goes to plan, I'll be $200,000 in debt by the time I'm 26.

... and this is what I'm HOPING for.

Jul 14, 2008, 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    showoff.

...if all goes to plan, I'll be $200,000 in debt by the time I'm 26.

...and this is what I'm HOPING for.
    It's hardwork ^^

Jul 15, 2008, 04:51 AM
    It's hardwork ^^
    So is med school I imagine :p

Good luck to both of you... and sneezy, I'll be in debt too, but not quite that bad :p
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 15, 2008, 05:49 AM
    Do you guys realize your filling these pages up so fast, there will have to be a part 3 soon?? Wonder if NUMB could have imagined what he started?

Jul 15, 2008, 07:19 AM
    He stopped back in a few weeks ago and was surprised at that. I don't see this thread slowing down any time soon either...

It is a great resource by allowing people at all stages of these issues to see others at all other stages:

On that note, an update on my situation for those who are following. I think I am nearing the three month mark now, and I haven't talked to her since probably a week and a half after we broke up. Its amazing how easy it becomes once you make it a routine.

Not only have I been able to enjoy my life more so now then I did when I was dating, I have been able to use this time to train myself to make changes in my life. I suppose my ex would be amazed to see how much different of a person I am now as opposed to when I last saw her. My activities, my friends, my schedule, my diet and my other routines are all drastically different. Changing aspects of your life is, I believe, crucial to allowing yourself to feel better in time.

What I'm trying to say is that there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. Anyone who remembers when I first got here can remember the episodes that I put myself through, the pain, fear and panic that I put myself through. I can sure remember it, and believe people when they tell you it almost seems silly at this point. -- Okay, maybe not silly, it still sucked, but those times are long gone.

Keep at it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 15, 2008, 11:05 AM
    I don't see this thread slowing down any time soon
    It is a great resource by allowing people at all stages of these issues to see others at all other stages:

Talaniman Rant, The method to the madness.

I read this thread all the time, to see who is where, and for sure, to find out who grows and who doesn't. If you follow my postings, and advice, its all about you be able to cope with yourself in all situations, and knowing yourself well enough, to know what you will tolerate, and what you will question.

Those early relationships with the inexperience, curiosity, and fears are all about doubting yourself, and that leads to indecision, or not taking necessary actions, for yourself. In other words kissing butt in the name of love. That's why we feel so bad, when we get rejected, after all that butt kissing, and putting ourselves SECOND, we get rejected.

Many of you are growing right before my eyes, and I do take a sort of pride as I see you find yourselves, get stronger, and learn to put yourself first.

That's the whole key to life, standing up for yourself, and always love yourself enough to know who you are, and when to put the breaks on the BS!

Its never about what you find yourself caught up in, but what you do about it.

Okay end of rant, and I hope it helps.

Jul 15, 2008, 12:14 PM
    Well I'll be the first to say its working Tal,

In just a few short months the differences in my life amaze me. How I can analyze things and make smarter decisions in all aspects related to people - its amazing. And your right about the early relationships - you learn some hard lessons, but they are worth every bit of the hurt.

So thanks :)

Jul 15, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird213
    So is med school I imagine :p

Good luck to both of you...and sneezy, I'll be in debt too, but not quite that bad :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fitness Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

I figure that a lot of us here are working out, dieting, and exercising... so why not start a thread where people can discuss their success stories, what they ate, what they did, how long it took them, etc? I am a 22 year old college student (2 weeks left!) and at 5'8", I weighed 178 in December...

The NC Calendar [ 1499 Answers ]

I just had this idea after reading Mik's post. How about if we use this thread to count the NC days, all of us? Each one would mention how long he/she's been maintaining the NC period and how he/she feels with time. Maybe in some way this can help us all (including me)? This is my first...

Need Calendar Ideas [ 12 Answers ]

I'm not sure this is in the right spot, but it seemed appropriate. I make calendars at work for the various work stations (about 20). Each year I try to do a graphic that incorparates as many of the staff as I can. Last year I had a Christmas tree and the ornaments were their faces, for...

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

View more questions Search