Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2011, 11:14 AM

Sounds like compliance auditing, as opposed to financial auditing? I always liked the aspect of auditing where you were at a company for a short time and then moved to the next company. I liked the variety of learning about different companies and meeting different people. How are the studies going?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2011, 11:41 AM

Yea, I like it, it's just that I have to learn about the processes quickly :p

They're going good, I got a file with an introduction to accounting where I learned about ledger and basic trial balance with P&L accounts. Though it's not much, since many of the posts here leave me behind :p

Some of the items that I see are not familiar to me, such as the retained earnings and equity. Anyway, those will come more in depth in some weeks in my studies, so I'm not much concerned about them right now.

My F2/F3 lecturer is asking us to prepare certain chapters for presentation in front of the class :o Chapters include Sources of Data and Presenting Information. That's the Management A/c course. Sources of data deals with things such as how/where to obtain data, types of sources of data, basic sampling methods and the second deals with reports, charts and graphs :)

EDIT: For some reason, AMHD is running very slow on me... it's not like that for other sites :(
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2011, 12:01 PM

My AMHD is running normally today, but I have problems sometimes. It can be frustrating.

Are you finding it fun to study? For some reason, I loved studying Accounting. Haha - In my first class, the professor handed out a case study on the first day of class that was supposed to take the entire course to complete. I started it that weekend, but I was having so much fun that I just kept reading ahead and had the whole thing done in 2 weeks. I told my professor about it, and she took it home to check. She was surprised that it had been done correctly. She was the best teacher - I took her for every class I could.
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2011, 12:08 PM

Yeah, I like it so far, it's only my F1 teacher that might not be the best teacher out there. He's like one of the people who say they don't want to brag, but they do it so often you start doubting it.

I just need to find me some time to read ahead, for I am a little more into finishing my initial computer program and adding little things now and then, you probably know how that is :o

But on a side note, I made a little program which would select random questions and put the possible answers, I respond with an answer, and it checked whether it's good or not and tells that to me. I just need to introduce a marking system and get some questions and answers to put in a text file :p

My end of year exams will be multiple choice, so, I think that'll be appropriate :)

Lastly, maybe it's the internet then... they had a 'server failure' once last week and it apparently costed a lot to companies dependent on the internet (outsourcing and such). I do hope that we no more have that current monopoly and that the internet becomes better :(
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2011, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    Sunny! I've been wondering how you are doing. Glad to hear you are having family fun.

As for me, my circumstances (re work) have changed now. It looks like we may step up our family plans. I'm excited, but also a little nervous. :o
    Ooooh so exciting JLo. Does that mean your practicing now? ;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2011, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    Okay, now it'll get a little clustered... I got another 'job' (or project) at an insurance company about the claims procedure. It's not very tough right now, and I hope it remains as such so that I get some time here :o

Anyway, hi Sunny and JLo :)
    Hey unky. Congrats on the job. Don't take on too much and burn yourself out.
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2011, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88sunflower View Post
    ooooh so exciting JLo. Does that mean your practicing now? ;)
    Haha - been practicing all along, but now it's the real thing. We've been told to just have fun with it, so we're having fun. :D
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2011, 02:06 PM
    How fun!
    Soon enough we will get the post. That magic post your having a baby. Its very exciting. Crazy range of emotions. Well for me it was. I can't wait!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jul 28, 2011, 04:42 PM

Unky, my AMHD has been running painfully slow too. I thought it was because I was using WiFi, but I thik it's just AMHD. Maybe they are making changes.

Jlo congrats on the new job. :) How is married life been treating you?

Hey Sunny, what's new with you? How have you been?

When you guys go grocery shopping, do you just want to come home and gorge out on all of it?
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2011, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Jlo congrats on the new job. :) How is married life been treating you?

When you guys go grocery shopping, do you just wanna come home and gorge out on all of it??
    First off, I only want to gorge out on the goodies. :D

About the job, there's been a change. I was hired to be the Acting CFO while the CFO had a baby and took a year off. Sadly, the baby had complications and didn't survive. This just happened two days ago. The CFO is going to take some time off, but will be returning to work when she's ready. It's a large family-owned business, and she is the founder's daughter. After discussing everything, John and I decided it would be silly for me to get another job. We were planning to start trying for a baby in October. Now we've decided to start right away. We are both ready. I'll probably just do some consulting work in the meantime. My old firm has all kinds of work for me if I'm interested. I like that because I can pick projects, and when the time comes I can just stop working.

I read recently about your job issues. Has that been decided?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jul 29, 2011, 04:35 AM

Aww, I'm sorry for that poor woman. There is nothing more horrific than losing a child.

You guys are very lucky that you are able to pick and chose jobs. I'm jealous, but in a good way :D

My job... ugg so frustrating. I still have no idea what is going on. No one is saying anything more. And it's a catch 22. I don't want to mention anything in case that gets him on the ball to hire someone new, but I sure would love to know what's happening.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2011, 06:18 AM
    JLo that is so sad about her losing the baby. I can't even imagine it.

Jobs. Ugh. I can't snag anything. My area is so small that when there is something open over 100 people are applying from all kinds of back grounds. I haven't even bothered the past few weeks. I got discouraged. I focused on family instead. But really you can't live on love as that saying goes.

Bella I sure do gorge on everything. Usually when I go shopping its only for that days dinner. Generally doing a major shopping trip is way out of the question in this house.
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2011, 08:27 AM

Oh the 'job' will be fine. Well, only thing that changes is that we're using another format of the documents we have to use to assess the company. I'm still quite new to it, so it's not much of a problem, but I think it must be a little more difficult for the 'older' people in my team.

Anyway, today I didn't get much to do... one person I was to see with a teammate wasn't available today, I guess the follow up will be on Monday. We have 8 days to carry out the testing... and then I'll probably be back at the office. Hm.. yea, this will be quite short of a 'job' :) My previous ones went through 3 weeks roughly.

Oh and I cleared all my browsing history Bella and it seems it's no longer a problem. My history must have been quite large for AMHD :eek:
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2011, 08:28 AM

I know. I feel so sad for her. I've known her through work for three years now. She's a really nice lady and was so looking forward to this. She's most likely going to take a month off before returning. I told the company I was open to whatever she needs, whether it's more time or returning.

I am fortunate that I can pick up work from my old firm, but it will mean traveling again. I was enjoying being at home for the last couple of months, but now I'll just have to look forward to the homecomings.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2011, 08:51 AM
    Winter Wonderland in the middle of July, end of July. To funny.
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2011, 08:53 AM

Ohh, and good luck JLo :)
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2011, 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88sunflower View Post
    Winter Wonderland in the middle of July, end of July. To funny.
    Well, it IS winter where I am ;) And at its peak even :p
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2011, 09:01 AM
    Oh really unky. I bet its still warmer there then our hottest summer day here. :) How does winter there differ from summer?
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2011, 09:11 AM

Colder than usual... and some guy couldn't stop coughing in the bus last week... so I ended up with a flu with the runny nose and coughs and all... :(

But it's going better now, 3 days since it started, it's like the first time I get better that fast :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2011, 09:13 AM
    Aww darn him. Well I am glad you are better. Knock on wood its been a long time since I have been sick. Three days is good recovery time. You did something right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Animated alice in wonderland [ 6 Answers ]

I want to find an animated version of alice in wonderland. I used two have a vhs tape of it and I'm not sure what happened to it. I think it's from the 90s but it might be 80s I'm not sure. I'm also not sure what company it's by. I think the theme song went something like "alice if only we knew...

Alice and wonderland [ 1 Answers ]

I just went and saw the new alice and wonderland directed by tim burton with johnney depp in it. Does anyone happen to know the name of the dance the mad hatter did at the end??

Weird alice in wonderland movie. [ 2 Answers ]

Years ago I was watching the news and there was a small documentary about movies which were nominated/seen at a foreign festival. All the movies were interpretations of alice in wonderland by lewis carroll. One movie really freaked me out. It was a black & white adaptation of AIW, where alice walks...

Alice in wonderland [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of alice's cat in alic in wonderland?

View more questions Search