Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 05:11 PM

Altercations, that's cute. Shouldn't it be Altycations? ;)

I was trying to be nice, trust me, it wasn't easy, I just wanted to smack her.

You didn't hijack the thread, if anyone did it was her and me. I shouldn't have kept responding, but I can't help myself.

Anyway, the thread has been reported, and hopefully it will be shut down. If not, and she responds again, I won't be answering.

As for trying to start over with her, Greenie, if she continues to act this way, she won't be around for long, so I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, you already offered an olive branch and she didn't take it.

If you do run into problems with her, you know who to call, right? :)

I think Biggie backed down from the fight, wise boy, he knows he can't win. ;)
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Oct 24, 2008, 05:23 PM
    Thanks, Alty.
    I think we all share the guilt in hijacking the thread, I guess. Anyway, that's all behind now :).

As for 'Atlycations,' I like it.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 05:30 PM

Hey castle-dwellers... long time no loin cloth.
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 05:31 PM
    Had to go see what all the commotion was about...

Eh... I've seen worse ;)
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 05:35 PM

Saddly Dr. J, so have I, and I'm sure I'm yet to see the worst.

How are you? How's your loin cloth? Did we give you two or are you just wearing the same one every day? If so, I think it's time to throw it in the wash, otherwise, ewwwww. ;)

Greenie, I like altycations, it's so appropriate. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 05:39 PM

Same one... no one told me where the washroom was. Here... can you take care of these for me? :D

And yes, things get rowdy around here but such is life... we learn from those experiences such the same, you know

Want to see a picture of me in my halloween costume? Heheh... anyone guess who Im trying to be?
    Attached Images

Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 05:42 PM

Um, a sideways Kiss character?

I suck at the "what am I" questions. :(

My costume this year, a down jacket, mitts, scarf, boots, hat, and a cup of hot chocolate with bailey's in it. I have kids, got to do the "trick or treat" thing, and it looks like it's going to be a cold one. I shiver just thinking about it.

Halloween is for kids, as is Christmas. Bah humbug. ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 05:51 PM

Close but no candy cigar for you.

Halloween is celebrated too much by adults these days. I have a party to go to tomorrow night, then again on Halloween AND the day after. However, I won't be going to the one Halloween night... since I, too, have a daughter that I will be trick-or-treating with... of course, I will probably still dress up. She gets a kick out of it...

At least she used to... she's getting old now... maybe I should make sure it's still "cool"?

Oct 24, 2008, 05:53 PM

Hey, Dr. J, what's up?
    I've seen you around too. Dare I ask what your screen name means?

And very nice halloween costume, lol.
    You look like someone from a rock band, but zombie style... I guess that is the same a kiss character though.
    Hmmmm, I don't know
    Loving the hair though!
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 05:53 PM

How old is your daughter?

I have a 10 year old son and a 6 year old daughter, and Halloween is their favorite time of year, even before Christmas.

We used to have halloween parties, but we've been to busy the last few years. I am glad that halloween falls on a Friday this year, that will make it easier.

Is it too late to throw together a halloween party? Hmmmm, I should, it's been a while.
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsg View Post
    Hey, Dr. J, whats up?
    I've seen you around too. Dare I ask what your screen name means?

And very nice halloween costume, lol.
    You look like someone from a rock band, but zombie style... I guess that is the same a kiss character though.
    hmmmm, i don't know
    Are you going to any Halloween parties this year Greenie? Do they still have halloween dances at school? Darn, I'm so old that I actually don't know the answer to that question. Sad. :(
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 06:03 PM

jrsg... or Greenie? I have seen you around, too... nice to [finally] meet you :D

And yeah, best not to ask about the name lol j/k its been a screen name of mine for about 7 or 8 years... back when it was funny to put an "izzle" at the end of things lol DrJ or just J is always fine

You guys are close... I will have to post a real picture when I actually go all out with it tomorrow night... the full effect. That was just a quick try on.

Alty, my daughter is 11 now! 6th grade! Mind blowing isn't it.

Actually her birthday is really close to Halloween so we usually did a costume birthday party. Those are always fun... but not this year... hence the reason why it may be not cool now? We'll see

Oct 24, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Are you going to any Halloween parties this year Greenie? Do they still have halloween dances at school? Darn, I'm so old that I actually don't know the answer to that question. Sad. :(
    Lol, you're not old...
    Uhhh, no dances at school this year, although it isn't uncommon to see them. I think most teens just want to have their own parties. You know, there are chaperones and all at the school events... lol.

I have a friend who I used to 'trick or treat' with as a child, then he moved across the city. I don't see him much anymore. So, on halloween, he comes back, and we do a little symbolic walk around the ol' neighbourhood, and catch up with each other. We also have plans to drop into a house party, but no costumes.
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 06:08 PM

Dr. J, 11 years old, she's a young lady. Time does fly by too fast, kids grow up so quickly, you blink and you miss it.

Since your daughter is a year older than my son, let me know how the teen years are when she hits them. I'm not looking forward to the teen years, if they're anything like I was as a teen, I'm in for it! :(

Greenie, I like your halloween plans. Too bad you don't live here, you and your friend could take my kids around the block, I'm sure they'd give you a share of their candy. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 06:08 PM

Costumes are BIG where we live. It's like an all out event to see who can get the best one. I won first place at 1 party last year ($250 as Disco Stu with about a 3 foot wide afro).. the year before I was Captain Morgan (which was an incredible costume!) but I didn't win then.

Its crazy... EVERYONE dresses up and they go ALL out!

Ok... I got to run... catch you guys on the flip side!

Oct 24, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle View Post
    And yeah, best not to ask about the name lol j/k its been a screen name of mine for about 7 or 8 years... back when it was funny to put an "izzle" at the end of things lol DrJ or just J is always fine
    For shizzle, DrJizzle, I'm pickin up what you're puttin down, man. Who says its not hip to throw in a few 'izzles' every once in a while. Lol

Nice to meet you too, Dr.J.
    I can't wait for the full costume picture. Looks interesting!
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 06:11 PM

Talk to you later Dr. J, have fun at your party. :)

Maybe I should dress up this year. I know, I'll put curlers in my hair, buy a fuzzy pink bath robe and slippers to match, put cold cream on my face and go as a frustrated house wife. :)

Oct 24, 2008, 06:12 PM
    See you, Dr. J

Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Greenie, I like your halloween plans. Too bad you don't live here, you and your friend could take my kids around the block, I'm sure they'd give you a share of their candy. :)
    I would if I could, Alty :). You know... you could always just throw them on a plane over here. I'll be expecting at least 1/3 of the candy, though ;)
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 06:13 PM

Okay kids, I got to run, the timer is beeping on the oven, the pizza is ready and it's time to eat.

I might be back later, after I get the kids to bed. If not, have a great night, have fun, don't do anything I wouldn't do, that gives you a lot of wiggle room. ;)

Catch you later. :)
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsg View Post
    See ya, Dr. J

I would if I could, Alty :). You know... you could always just throw them on a plane over here. I'll be expecting at least 1/3 of the candy, though ;)

1/3, that's pretty steep for a trip around the block, especially since I'm footing the bill for a plane ticket. ;)

Eeek, I really have to go, the pizza's on the table, my mouth is watering, the rugrats are hungry and they might eat all of it if I don't hurry.

Talk to you later Greenie. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Castle of doom 3, we rebuilt it! [ 1499 Answers ]

Hi all, Queen Alty speaking. The duck is busy pruning right now, but I'm sure she won't mind if I invite you all in. Welcome to the new and improved castle. Yes, another fresh coat of paint, a new building addition, and we even bought piranha's for the moat, the alligators are scared. ;) So...

The Castle of doom 2, new and improved [ 1499 Answers ]

Okay, Starby isn't around and the castle is closing, so I'll start another. It's renovated, it's new and improved. Paint, flowers, and a duck pond for Starduck (hee, hee) Come join us, I've even added a midieval bar, for those of us who like to indulge. ;) Hick. So come on in, we have...

Name of the castle [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of the castle near Fussan , Germany. I do not know how to spell it . You pronounce it as Newshwainstain. Wanted some pictures. Can anyone help ?

1983 haunted castle movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember renting this move along with the movie M.J.'s Thriller. It was about (as far as I can remmeber) a guy that has to spend 3 nights in a haunted castle inorder to marry a princess. It was a comedy but the castle is haunted and there is lots of slapstick. I remember one part about a AX...

View more questions Search