Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Aug 9, 2009, 09:51 AM

I googled "how to take over the world with paper clips," and this site was on the second page.

No, my heart was in a gajillion pieces. Ex boyfriend wanted to stay friends, but still called me all the time and acted like my boyfriend.

I had hopes he wanted to try again.

He didn't, but I'm glad.

I started answering questions, but I wasn't hooked until I started getting GREENIES.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid13 View Post
    I googled "how to take over the world with paper clips," and this site was on the second page.

No, my heart was in a gajillion pieces. Ex boyfriend wanted to stay friends, but still called me all the time and acted like my boyfriend.

I had hopes he wanted to try again.

He didn't, but I'm glad.

I started answering questions, but I wasn't hooked until I started getting GREENIES.
    Hey Torri, Did that reddie hurt your feelings?

Aug 9, 2009, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    Hey Torri, Did that reddie hurt your feelings?
    No, because she completely missed the point of my post. She was a chucklehead. Anyway, I had balancers to back me up.

In any case, my feelings don't get hurt THAT easily.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2009, 10:42 AM

Yuck, I hate reddies.
    Finally got rid of mine, it disappeared down the bottom of the page... happy days.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 10:50 AM
    No, because she completely missed the point of my post. She was a chucklehead. Anyway, I had balancers to back me up.

In any case, my feelings don't get hurt THAT easily.
    I figured as much, as you seem pretty "dog goned" tough in your posts. I like a strong woman, I married one.

The greenies ARE habit forming. They seem like positive re-enforcement.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Yuck, I hate reddies.
    Finally got rid of mine, it dissapeared down the bottom of the page... happy days.
    Yea, the greenies pushed it out to the trash.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2009, 10:54 AM

Heck I have most likely got more reddies over the years than some of you have greenies. People don't always like our answers,
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Heck I have most likely got more reddies over the years than some of you have greenies. people don't always like our answers,
    Yes, and it seems that they are given out more often mistakedly, before they actually read the rules.

Aug 9, 2009, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    I figured as much, as you seem pretty "dog goned" tough in your posts. I like a strong woman, I married one.

The greenies ARE habit forming. They seem like postive re-enforcement.
    I'm tough because I work out. ;)

No, too often people give advice that protects the OP's "feelings." "Oh, I can't be stern with them because they might get upset and not like me!"

That's crap. Sometimes people's feelings need to get hurt so they realize what ridiculous choices their making. Some of the best advice I've ever gotten hurt my feelings. I cried about it, sucked it up, and then fixed the issue.

I hate how the world is becoming more concerned with "feelings" than actually giving good constructive criticism and finding the solutions to issues.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 11:08 AM
    I'm tough because I work out. ;)

No, too often people give advice that protects the OP's "feelings." "Oh, I can't be stern with them because they might get upset and not like me!"

That's crap. Sometimes people's feelings need to get hurt so they realize what ridiculous choices their making. Some of the best advice I've ever gotten hurt my feelings. I cried about it, sucked it up, and then fixed the issue.

I hate how the world is becoming more concerned with "feelings" than actually giving good constructive criticism and finding the solutions to issues.
    I'm the same way. I refuse to hurt my wife's feelings though, anyone else is fair game. Nobody said life was all daisies and rainbows.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2009, 11:43 AM

Hello:

Me?? I'm a warm and fuzzy guy. Can't we all get along?

excon
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 12:53 PM

I bleached my house and was dying of the smell. I didn't know whether it could kill me- it's my first thread, didn't receive any replies for it [wait I think one].. yet I'm still here...

Ha.

Sarah
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    I bleached my house and was dying of the smell. I didn't know whether or not it could kill me- it's my first thread, didn't receive any replies for it [wait I think one]..yet I'm still here...

ha.

Sarah
    Were there any casualties? Clothes, drapes, carpet?
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 01:00 PM

No there was mold in my basement or something like that-- I don't remember what it was but my entire home was bleached.

There was nothing but bad headaches, nausea, dizziness and other fun stuff.

I lived to tell the tale ;)

Sarah
    crisluvsu731 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Aug 10, 2009, 09:52 AM
    I had a bump under my nose ring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have triwed every site that I can to find this song! [ 2 Answers ]

I am just like another user on this site:( Ihave been trying for 6 years yes 6 years, to find the title and artist of a r & b song that came out around 1972-1975. The lyrics go something to this effect. Me and my baby are like two love birds in a tree yeah twiddle diddle dee dee... ain't nothing...

I am trying to find a site to make a site [ 9 Answers ]

I'm looking for a good website to make a good website and I don't wnt 2 buy or install or download anything onto my computer synthasite was a good one but I didn't quite like it

A site to find tattoos? [ 5 Answers ]

I was looking for a good site to find tattoos. One where I can put in something and see the different styles of it the way it is written. Or where I can search for what I am looking for. Thanks!

Is there a way to find where a site is hosted [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Guys, Just wanted to know if there is a way to find out where a particular website is hosted(I mean the hosting company). I am trying to figure our which hosting company can handle my website based on what similar companies are using. Thanks Srujan

View more questions Search