Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Feb 2, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Letting go isn't about giving up. It's about accepting that there are things that cannot be.

Sometimes you have to let someone go to see if there is anything worth holding on to.

To let go isn't to forgot, not to think about, or ignore. It doesn't leave feelings of anger, jealousy, or regret. Letting go isn't about winning or losing. It's not about pride and it's not about how you appear, and it's not obsessing or dwelling on the past. Letting go isn't blocking memories or thinking sad thoughts, and doesn't leave emptiness, hurt, or sadness. It's not about giving in or giving up. Letting go isn't about loss and it's not about defeat. To let go is to cherish the memories, but to overcome and move on. It is having an open mind confidence in the future. Letting go is learning and experiencing and growing. To let go is to be thankful for the experiences that made you laugh, made you cry, and made you grow. It's about all that you have, all that you had, and all that you will soon gain. Letting go is having the courage to accept change, and the strength to keep moving. Letting go is growing up. It is realizing that the heart can sometimes be the most potent remedy. To let go is to open a door, and to clear a path and set yourself free.
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Feb 5, 2008, 12:48 AM
    Hi,

Quotes that I often think about "If he is not nice to the waitress, he is not nice", "A beautiful body is a body that can move"
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2008, 12:56 AM
    You have undertaken to cheat me. I won't sue you, for the law is too slow. I will ruin you.

-Cornelius Vanderbilt, 1853 (in a letter to former business associates Morgan & Garrison, the partnership of Charles Morgan and C.K. Garrison)
    jjcj06 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Feb 5, 2008, 02:12 AM
    "The tragedy of wisdom is realizing you didn't have to learn everything the hard way."
    duck22 Posts: 115, Reputation: 31

Feb 5, 2008, 08:59 AM
    "an eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind" - Gandhi

"A stupid man doesn't learn from his mistakes.
    A smart man learns from his mistakes.
    A wise man learns from others' mistakes" -??
    -

Feb 5, 2008, 09:11 AM
    "Sorry for being topless." -- How Carla Bruni, official girlfriend to President Sarkozy of France, once greeted a surprised British journalist.
    -

Feb 5, 2008, 09:32 AM
    Psalm is a wonderful book full of memorable verses I grew up with and now hold close to my heart. Psalm 23 being one of them that I listed below.

There is also another verse I have said a thousand times over in my head, as it was also a children's song. I can't remember where the verse is located in the Bible, if any of you knows please share with me. The verse was something I would say when I found myself scared or nervous about something. I always found so much comfort in the words. As silly as it may sound, I still find myself singing the verse in my head.

It goes... Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make straight your path.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures. He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul, he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies. Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
    Psalm 23. 1

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
    Psalm 27. 1

Every man at his best state is altogether vanity.
    Psalm 39. 5

My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
    Psalm 45. 1

O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
    Psalm 51. 15

Mercy and truth are met together: righteousness and peace have kissed each other.
    Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heave.
    Psalm 85. 10

I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
    Psalm 91. 2

The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
    He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.
    Psalm 103. 8

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
    Psalm 119. 105

I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
    Psalm 139. 14
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Proverbs 3:5-6 :)
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Psalm 91 too... That's my favorite.
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2008, 11:12 AM
    "The most important part of vehicle maintenance is clean windows - so if you are broken down, you can still enjoy the beauty of the view." Dan Eldon

"Behind every successful woman is a substantial amount of coffee."

And, last but not least...

"I want to be remembered as the girl who always smiles even when her heart is broken, and the one that could always brighten your day even if she couldn't brighten her own."
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Feb 5, 2008, 03:18 PM
    Wow love that last one
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2008, 03:20 PM
    I've embodied that quote all too many times... :)
    -

Feb 5, 2008, 03:56 PM
    The test for whether you can hold a job should not be the arrangement of your chromosomes. ~ Bella Abzug

"There is no tool for development more effective than the empowerment of women."
    ~ Kofi Annan

"Cautious, careful people always casting about to preserve their reputation or social standards never can bring about reform. Those who are really in earnest are willing to be anything or nothing in the world's estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathies with despised ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences."
    ~ Susan B. Anthony

"Independence is happiness." ~ Susan B. Anthony

"There never will be complete equality until women themselves help to make laws and elect lawmakers." ~ Susan B. Anthony

"I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself and there I take my stand." ~ Susan B. Anthony

"The dogma of woman's complete historical subjection to men must be rated as one of the most fantastic myths ever created by the human mind."
    ~ Mary Ritter Beard (1876-1958),

"For what is done or learned by one class of women becomes, by virtue of their common womanhood, the property of all women."
    ~ Elizabeth Blackwell (The first woman in the U.S. to become a physician)

"If society will not admit of woman's free development, then society must be remodeled."
    ~ Elizabeth Blackwell

"If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it."
    ~ Margaret Fuller

Feb 5, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Sounds like the blurb for the suffragettes handbook
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Feb 5, 2008, 04:17 PM
    A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step.

My fortune cookie fortune lol
    wewed100606 Posts: 228, Reputation: 36

Feb 5, 2008, 04:27 PM
    This is one I have forced myself to live by lately... good when you feel that you are overrun with negative thoughts.

"As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives."
    wewed100606 Posts: 228, Reputation: 36

Feb 5, 2008, 04:34 PM
    I wish I could quote the entire essay "Self-Reliance" by Emerson, but I think it would be a bit lengthy. If you haven't read it, read it. Written in 1841 it's lessons are well tought even today.

Speak what you think today in hard words and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Self-Reliance", 1841

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Feb 5, 2008, 05:21 PM
    It is better to light a candle then curse the darkness
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~ George Bernard Shaw

Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind. ~Leonardo Da Vinci
    -

Feb 6, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Bumper stickers that are funny, do they count as quotes that influence our lives?

"Flying saucers are real, the Air Force doesn't exist."

"No radio. Already stolen."

"I may be fat but you're ugly, and I can lose weight."

"Cynics are people who know the price of everything and the value of nothing."

"Wink. I'll do the rest."

"Just when you think you've won the rat race along come faster rats."

"When you're in love, you're at the mercy of a stranger."

"There's one in every crowd and they always find me."

"Smile. It's the second best thing you can do with your lips."

"When you do a good deed get a receipt (in case heaven is like the IRS)."

"We're staying together for the sake of the cats."

"If I throw a stick, will you leave?"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has technology influenced our customs and ethics? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not very clear about whether technology has changed our customs or ethics. If so, please present some examples. Thanks.

Need Quotes [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to make some cute christmas gifts by having shirts made from an online site, but I'm stumped on what to put on them. On mine the front will say, Because... And the back will say, I'm the Bride and That's Why I'm looking for one of the mother of the bride (my mom) thought about...

? About quotes [ 8 Answers ]

Hi , I am new to the new construction cleaning business and want to know if anyone can tell me if when the quote for a job by sq footage , is the garage included, or should be included/? Doing a job now and his quote did not add garage which is an extra 800sq ft. this doesn't seem right , that he...

View more questions Search