Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DorothyC Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 09:25 AM

I have a lot of family that is actively in the military. And my cousins that are in are newlyweds. So hearing that you would do that is very upsetting to me. His leaving is no excuse and being a military wife you should know by now that there are others out there that do the same and many people who could be very helpful and supportive.
    DorothyC Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 09:48 AM

I also have a question. My friend came to me the other day with a question I had no answer to. She started her period on Saturday and had a decent regular flow the first day but since then it's only spotting. She and her husband have been trying to get pregnant for the past few months. And she wants to know if this is a sign that she is. She was really sad when a cheapy store bought test came back negative. Any ideas what could cause this?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 09:55 AM

My periods like that about twice a year and my tubes are tied and no possibility of getting pregnant, except by an act of God.

Being hopeful can cause women to look for a sign they are pregnant in anything, though more often they are not pregnant. All she can do is keeping hoping.
    shante98 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2009, 08:54 AM

What are your chances of being pregnant if your boyfriend ejaculates in you 3 times in two days
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2009, 09:25 AM

It will depend on whether you are close to ovulation. If you are, the odds go up considerably. If you aren't, pregnancy won't happen.
    Generally ovulation will happen about midcycle, but it can occur at anytime in a cycle... either on a regular basis, or as a fluke.
    You can try a pregnancy test in a couple of weeks or wait until your next period is due and test at that time if need be.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Okay, I'll play along. Even though I know the answer, I know that others don't.

Does the pull out method work?

I'll even answer myself in the hopes that someone will get some much needed info.

No, the pull out method doesn't work, there are lots of sperm in pre-, and, like J9 said, all it takes is one sperm in order to fertilize an egg.

In other words, you're playing russian roullette, only instead of the gun only having one bullet, it's a six shooter with 5 bullets and only one missing. Odds are, you'll get hit!

There is no such thing as "safe sex" only "safer sex" so if you want to lower (not eliminate) the odds, use the pill and a condom. But realize, nothing is 100% effective other then abstinence. :)
    Great idea for this board!! I am always amazed at the misinformation that is out there and I am 54 so I can only imagine how difficult it is for young child bearing women.
    I never know how to answer the question of pre ejaculate because I have heard so many conflicting reports.The latest suggests there is not sperm in pre ejaculate.I will site

I certainly know that it is a common belief that pre-ejaculate has sperm in it, but examination of it in recent years has found that it has little to none. For years we were all taught that pregnancy could occur from any contact of the penis to the opening of the vagina, and we all live with that information today; even my colleagues on sexualhealth.com.
    Sexual Health Network - credentialed experts providing sexuality education from pleasure and orgasm to sexually transmitted diseases, sexual dysfunction, and sex and disability

n the "Journal of Assisted Reproduction Genetics, 2003 Apr;20(4):157-9. Zukerman asked "Does preejaculatory penile secretion originating from Cowper's gland contain sperm?" "Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tikva, Israel."

Their conclusion was "Preejaculatory fluid secreted at the tip of the urethra from Cowper's gland during sexual stimulation did not contain sperm and therefore cannot be responsible for pregnancies during coitus interruptus." You can't be more definitive than that.

Precum does not contain sperm UNLESS there was a previous ejaculation, then the sperm comes from semen still in the urethra.
    Sexual Health - Men Forum - Recent studies no sperm In pre ejaculate

There are many other reputable sites that confirm this latest research.So how do you answer this question?

Feb 20, 2009, 11:29 AM

What does cramping mean after unprotected sex and he ejaculates in you
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 20, 2009, 02:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shante98 View Post
    What does cramping mean after unprotected sex and he ejaculates in you
    Cramping can come from many things. It could be that he was a bit rough, you weren't wet enough, or could be residuals from an orgasm.

I do have to ask. Are you trying to conceive, because if you continue to have unprotected sex it will happen.

How old are you? Are you ready to be a mother, emotionally, physically and financially?
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2009, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post

There are many other reputable sites that confirm this latest research.So how do you answer this question?

I would answer it by asking another question. Are they willing to take the chance? The main source of pre-ejaculate would likely not have sperm in it, however during increased arousal, this fluid can be combined with fluid with other glands (still just during a state of arousal), some that may indeed contain some sperm. It may be minuscule numbers, and it may not occur every time, but it is still possible.

Withdrawal method is fairly reliable when it is used correctly... albeit others are more effective. The problem often comes about when people get caught up in the moment and the withdrawl happens just late enough, even still before full ejaculation occurs. Most probably aren't even aware of it because they are focused on the big moment of release.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    I would answer it by asking another question. Are they willing to take the chance? The main source of pre-ejaculate would likely not have sperm in it, however during increased arousal, this fluid can be combined with fluid with other glands (still just during a state of arousal), some that may indeed contain some sperm. It may be miniscule numbers, and it may not occur everytime, but it is still possible.

Withdrawal method is fairly reliable when it is used correctly....albeit others are more effective. The problem often comes about when people get caught up in the moment and the withdrawl happens just late enough, even still before full ejaculation occurs. Most probably aren't even aware of it because they are focused on the big moment of release.
    Thank-you! I know being a child born in the 50's with the church saying no to any form of birth control,I had a lot of friends who were conceived the same as I .If it wasn't withdraw,it was the good old rhythm method.

Feb 20, 2009, 02:49 PM
    Cramping can come from many things. It could be that he was a bit rough, you weren't wet enough, or could be residuals from an orgasm.

I do have to ask. Are you trying to conceive, because if you continue to have unprotected sex it will happen.

How old are you? Are you ready to be a mother, emotionally, physically and financially?
    Im am 26 and yes I'm ready to be a mother emotionally physically and financially and I know that unprotected sex results can in a baby
    Pets Expert

Feb 20, 2009, 03:02 PM

Then why not get married to your boyfriend, start a family together, build a life with each other?

Do you two live together? Is he aware that you're trying to conceive? Does he want a baby? Is he ready?

There are so many factors to consider when bringing a child into this world. It's more than just wanting a child, it's being prepared to give over your life in order to raise a child.

I wish you luck. Take care.

Feb 20, 2009, 03:12 PM
    Then why not get married to your boyfriend, start a family together, build a life with eachother?

Do you two live together? Is he aware that you're trying to conceive? Does he want a baby? Is he ready?

There are so many factors to consider when bringing a child into this world. It's more than just wanting a child, it's being prepared to give over your life in order to raise a child.

I wish you luck. Take care.
    Yes we are engaged we have been together for nine yrs and we are trying to have a baby together so to answer your question yes he knows I am trying get pregnant and I know it not about wanting a baby its taking care of the baby its not about you anymore its nomore being selfish I know this and if I wasn't ready I wouldn't be trying to have a baby... im ready to start my family I graduates college with my masters so I know what I'm getting myself into I know being a parent is not a part time job and I'm ready to have start my family... I wait until 26 to try to get pregnant when most girls today are teen mothers
    Pets Expert

Feb 20, 2009, 03:17 PM

I wasn't trying to fight with you, just pointing some things out.

I have two kids, I had my first when I was 27, my hubby and I have been together since we were 19. Being a parent is the hardest job I've ever had, and I've had some pretty hard jobs. ;)

I wish you all the best in starting your family, I hope it works out for you.

Good luck.

Feb 20, 2009, 03:26 PM

I wasn't trying to fight either but thanks I didn't no what the cramping meant
    louise1200 Posts: 64, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2009, 01:02 PM

If you can ask anything, can anyone on here please look at my question, I'm wondering if I'm pregnant or not, my doctor said if he had to bet on it, he would bet I am, but my home tests and urine at the doctors have come bk negative yet I have all the symptoms and I'm just fed up off the not knowing. Forgot to say the doctor said I'm seven weeks gone, my mums didn't show up until after she was two months. Anyway my question is entitled doctor thinks I'm pregnant, negatice tests. Its under louise1200. If anyone that knows about pregnancy could answer it I would be very greatfull, if I am then this is my first. Thank you.
    Pets Expert

Feb 22, 2009, 01:07 PM

Louise, I'd love to be able to say "yes you are or no you're not" but I can't. I read your question, I think your best bet is to get the blood work done, wait for the results and go from there.

You're under a doctors care, even he can't say with 100% accuracy that you are.

Sadly I think you'll have to play the waiting game. Some women don't ever get a positive response on a home pregnancy test, for others it shows up instantly, and others, like your mom, don't get a positive until 2 months or more into their pregnancy.

Get the blood test, let us know the results. I wish we could give you an answer now, but that simply isn't in our power. Sorry.

Good luck.
    louise1200 Posts: 64, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2009, 01:15 PM

That's OK, thank you anyway, its just I was worried I might be pregnant last yr, but it was just because my period was late, this time I've nearly skipped two and its completely different. My own cousin thinks I am, she felt my stomach and looked at my boobs for me, I'm cool with it either way, but it would be nice if I am. But really thank you, its nice to know sumone answers my questions lol, x

Feb 26, 2009, 01:21 PM

Hi I'm 26 year old and I had my period the first week of feb... I had unprotected sex on the 18 and the 19 and now its almost a week and a half later and I have cramps what does it mean
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2009, 02:12 PM

Since you are not far from when your next period would be due, it could just be signs that your body is getting ready to start a period. Many women will find the premenstrual symptoms are very much like signs of early pregnancy. Some women will be expecting their period anyday, feeling like they are about to start, only to find out they are pregnant when their period doesn't show up.
    See what happens when your period is due.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

Two questions. [ 6 Answers ]

When a girl has sex with a guy unprotected and he finishes inside her.. how long does it take for the to come out of her? This next question is extremely personal and has to do with STD's but I don't know where else to ask it so I'll ask it under this topic.. I had sex with my boyfriend like...

Car questions [ 3 Answers ]

Okay I have some questions about cars. Is it better to buy a used newer car with more miles or a used older car with less miles? Also if I buy a car from a individual, not a car company, do I still pay a tax on the car? In addition to that, once I buy the car, how I get a license plate...

Tax questions for the EIC [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my sister is married and has 3 kids, 2 of the oldest were born normal but the 3rd was born with profound mental retardation and is now 13 years old and lives at home with his parents, she use to claim the oldest kids on here taxs for the EIC but has never claimed the 13 year old before until...

Three questions... [ 6 Answers ]

I've read through just about every question posted trying to find information on Daschund pregnancies. What I've found is not any help at all! The reason being is that we have only had our dog for just about a month now. We got her through some people who had picked up the abandoned dogs... the...

View more questions Search