Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 10:51 AM
    Hi start! Hope you're great!

I (shamefully:( ) smoked part of 2 cigarettes, Sunday night and Monday.
    Anxiety and stress is off the roof.

I know I need to throw this pack away! I just know I need to!
    But it's like a security blanket for when I can no longer stand the withdrawals.
    Everything that I read says withdrawals end within the first few days,
    But I haven't found that to be true with me.
    It's quite miserable and it's lasting for such a long time.
    Sometimes I feel fine and good,
    But when I don't, it's REALLY bad.

I don't want to be a smoker or a non smoker with horrible withdrawals!
    I would like for it to be over with already.

I figured I'd give this a little more time, maybe the patches I was wearing at the time were running low.

But if this doesn't end soon, I will have to cough up the money for a doctors visit and a prescription for chantix.

Wish I had better news, I am trying though.

Stringer how are you feeling on the medication?
    Edit - OK stringer, just read your update on the other page, good job, keep it up, follow the directions,
    You're doing wonderfully taking the meds and all, I'm cheering for you!

Edit again, wonderful stringer! Just wonderful!! And that you have less of a desire for cigarettes is a huge plus!!
    Robert Elliott Posts: 4, Reputation: 6

Mar 12, 2008, 11:20 AM
    AK, Hang Tough, 2 weeks for me today. Still want them but know I can't have them. Funny, When I think of wanting a smoke the question that first comes to my mind is "Why am I putting myself thru this again?" I can alwayas come up with a better answer than stoping at a store and picking up a pack of $4 smokes.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Robert, that is GREAT!!
    Stringer, on a roll you are doing great too!
    AK, it goes like this, every time you smoke just a puff it will take your body all over again to over come the urge, I think that may be why you are feeling like it is the first few days again... If it will help you not to smoke those, then throw them out unless you are just going to waste money to go and get another pack. You are doing a good job, you have come a long way, follow through and at any time you see fit, go get something to help, you are still on a roll baby!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 12:01 PM
    Ak if you're not already, when the urge hits you hardest. Carry some tic tacs have one every 20 minutes or so and if urge is still there try the deep breathing. Close your mouth and eyes slowly breath as deep as you can through your nose and inhale as much oxygen in your lungs as possible exhale through your mouth, do this a few times, each time that overwhelming desire to smoke hits. I wish everyone of you all the best. I know it is such a hard battle.
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 12:08 PM
    I agree with bushg, big deep breaths, and although I never had a tic tac to help me, the biggest breaths ever helped me, it was almost like I WAS taking a drag and my mind said ohhhh Start, that is so much better than smoke, good clean breaths... Hugs all, I know you will get through this, just a matter of time!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Yes, good advice Bushg,

AK, I forgot to tell you that my doctor said several things help;

Hall's "vapor action" drops, he said that cherry worked best for him. I have begun to use them and it helps some when I get the desire to smoke too much.

Flavored tooth picks, he said that they work also because it helps with the habit of not having the cigarette in your mouth and the flavor helps also.

Suggestions,

Stringer
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Oh the tooth pick thing, my dad, used tooth picks and still does to this day, he quit a very very long time ago and he says it still helps him but now he is addicted to the tooth picks... LOL I think that is just fine. Go with what is going to work Stringer, you will be OK, I promise, this is so great, what you are doing is great!
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2008, 12:48 AM
    Thank you everyone!
    I've been feeling much better since my little slip up.
    After that passed, things have remarkably improved.
    Not really feeling the overwhelming withdrawals like last week.

It really helps to come to this thread and read everything
    You wonderful people have contributed!
    They are great reminders and extremely helpful!
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 10:53 AM
    I would like you quitters to keep posting here, I need to see how all of you are doing so I can take my chance when I am ready. I am not only counting on you all for the support I can't get anywhere else, but would love to keep supporting you as well! I hope you are all OK and doing what needs to be done! I am so proud of all of you quitters. Have a great day!:)
    LifePaparazzi Posts: 86, Reputation: 9

Mar 23, 2008, 10:21 PM
    Chantix - AWESOME med. To help you quit smoking.
    My Dr. prescribed Chantix for me. Luckily I had good prescription coverabe at the time, as it is rather on the pricy side. However, amazing as it may seem... I was quit within just two weeks. The stuff worked wonders on me. Highly recommend it to anyone that needs a bit of help.

Also, the makers of Chantix offer stop-smoking assistance to anyone using this product. They have help lines and offered many practical suggestions and valuable information to assist me with the process. :)

Now I can't claim it will work for everyone, but it worked for me. Sadly though, I'm an idiot. A few months later I became very stressed out by a situation, and accepted a cigarette offered by a stranger to calm me down. Since my prescription had run out and I had changed insurance and moved to a different town, I never got any more of it. But I plan to give Chantix another try. Please note though that the fault did not lay with the drug. It was totally my stupidity, as the product works great. :(

Chantix really curbs the cravings, without nasty side effects. Excellent product, and as soon as I can afford it again (have different insurance now) I will definitely use it again.

Hope this helps.:cool:
    Business Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 11:35 PM
    Today is Monday, the last day that I am supposed to smoke while on the Chantix program. I notice a little less desire for them, let's see what happens.

EDIT: This could get interesting.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2008, 11:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    Today is Monday, the last day that I am supposed to smoke while on the Chantix program. I notice a little less desire for them, let's see what happens.

EDIT: This could get interesting.

Hmmm seems we need to call in the whole squad today... FIGHT WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT

WE BELIEVE IN ALL OF YOU!! YOU CAN DO THIS.

Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Less desire? That is great Stringer, good for you!
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Stringer, just hang in there.

Allheart, thanks for the cheer and support.

Start, like always, thanks for being here for the support and all the other stuff too.

Sometimes I do really well, I'm not grouchy, loving life, not thinking about smoking at all, then just when I think it's coming to an end,
    BAM out of the blue it will hit me again.
    Kind of driving me crazy LOL...

How I wish I would have said NO!
    Oh well, I didn't :rolleyes: :D
    Business Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Love you guys... no doubt about it... thanks.
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 10:26 PM
    Ak, you are a good woman, you can get through it! You have for some time now! Good job!
    Stringer? Did it get interesting? Good job Stringer... how do you feel?
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 10:36 PM
    Thanks start!
    This would be around the time that I would slip up.
    It's when I start feeling like this... can't even explain it.
    But, I have no ciggs cause I through out that evil pack
    I cheated with before and haven't bought anymore...

Stringer keep us posted and don't be shy to rant...
    As a matter of fact, please don't let me be the only ranter;)...
    Business Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 04:02 AM
    Walk The Talk Movie

Something to possibly help get through... it's tough...
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2008, 08:46 AM
    Ohhhh, Stringer that is inspiring!
    Thank you... :)
    Business Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    Ohhhh, Stringer that is inspiring!
    Thank you...:)
    You are welcome dear AND how are you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any medicines out there to help stop Smoking? [ 14 Answers ]

Dear Expert Any one have a good method to helping people to stop smoke ? Have any medicine can help ?Is expensive ? Thanks Dick

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

How to make some one stop chain smoking [ 4 Answers ]

Hey there, I'm kaushal here.. now I have one big problem there.. my brother is becoming chain smoker now a days... and I don't want that.. so if any suggestion would help me to stop him even smoking... I want him to stop smoking completely... please ans me...

I want him to stop smoking. [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone.. I want to ask is smoking bad to ones health?? I know a guy he is smoking since sckool dayz and now he is 27 yesterday I talked with him our topic waz smoking he says no one dies from smoking.. is this true?? I want to stop him from smoking what should I tell him.. when ever I say...

View more questions Search