Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2010, 09:41 AM

I did subscribe, to the point I got notifications for my own posts too! Looking now, but I'm in the middle of an uno match.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Dec 7, 2010, 11:11 AM

Thanks guys for all the well wishes. Doc hooked me up with some pain management meds, so I am in the good right now.

Taking a nap while I can.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2010, 11:09 AM
    Hey peoples. Jeez these two part time jobs are paying off. I made more this pay period then just working here. That or I know how to work the system. Either way its all good.

How is everyone?
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2010, 11:13 AM

Hey Sunny! :)

It's great to hear! Still making preparations for Christmas, and tomorrow I have some sort of costume party with the friends of the church and the theme is: costume of cartoon characters.

I've got a nice kung-fu outfit, but I don't know what character that will be :p I'm looking for one right now.
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2010, 11:21 AM
    Hey unky. Dressing up is so fun. I love costumes. I bet you will look great!

Christmas is fun. That husband of mind is making me crazy. Every year I get the biggest possible tree money can buy. Of course we cut off about 3 feet of it. But it's the fun of it. So this year I save the hassle and picked out a perfect tree about 3 feet from the ceiling. He then tells me he likes the super over sized trees I pick out. GGrr... you ever just want to slap someone? He swears under his breath every year at me trying to cut it down to fit. Now its not big enough. You men talk about us women being confused?
    Dogs Expert

Dec 9, 2010, 11:23 AM

Hey Sunny, Hey Unky!

Glad to hear you are liking the new job perspectives! I am feeling a bit better. I am still in a quite a bit of pain, but I think I am starting to heal.

We are busy getting ready for Christmas over here, getting my tree tomorrow. Can't wait!

What about you? Are you already for Christmas?
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2010, 11:28 AM

Well, I'm as confused as you when I read that...

Long time ago, it we used to buy the tree (which I guess is not similar to your Christmas trees) but then, we bought an artificial one. The natural ones are becoming so costly! Decorating the tree is fun, except for the lamps (or bulbs, not sure how you call them). We have ones with spiky glass and we have to be careful when laying them.
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2010, 11:29 AM
    I am kind of ready. I was just talking with red on FB about my son. I was good to go. Bought him a pile of stuff. Actually I was done with him. Then low and behold he spits out the letter to santa. Oh great. Not a thing I got is on the list. But its all stuff he said he wanted. Makes no sense his list is off the wall things. So now I am scrambling to get some things off his list. Kids!

The new job is causing me a great deal of stress. Not so much the work, the people. One tells me one way and someone tells me something else. I went in the bosses office this morning and threw in the towel. I was ready to give up. I straight out told him I had no idea what was expected of me the minute I walk in. I am in a whirlwind each morning there. But on a brighter note because of this I have discovered mistakes on everyone else's part. Its been on going. Since I questioned it I have now saved more then likely thousands from this point on. The one job alone I was looking at was under billed over $600. Thanks to me its now in the light.
    Dogs Expert

Dec 9, 2010, 11:36 AM

Well that's awesome Sunny! Don't get discouraged. Just ask your boss what is expected, and if any one gives you trouble, all you have to say is "This is what Mr. Burns told me to do". I bet your boss is very happy about the savings you have found! Maybe after pointing this stuff out, you are one step closer to a management position?

Unky we just call them christmas lights... lol real original eh? I guess we would call them bulbs too. But I bet yours are a lot different then ours. We don't really have sharp jagged Christmas decorations... too much room for law suits I'd think ;)

We should all take pics of our Christmas trees and post them... hmm maybe I'll start a thread for it. What do you guys think?
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2010, 11:38 AM

Well, I had it easier. The gifts should be surprises and as such, remain surprises :)
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2010, 11:40 AM

Sunny - Good find. The boss must have been impressed. That's going to pay off for you over and over.

I keep thinking about Red. I see her answering questions on occasion, but not as much as usual. She must be busy. I miss her posts. She always had such an interesting way of saying things.

Other than planning Christmas dinner and buying cards, I haven't done anything yet for Christmas. I haven't even gotten a tree yet. I guess I had better get busy this weekend.

I'm feeling a little sluggish. Not a good thing going into my busy season - I think I need to take better care of myself. I've been pigging out on food, not exercising as much as usual, and not getting enough sleep. Not a good combo.
    Dogs Expert

Dec 9, 2010, 11:41 AM

Ok here is the thread:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/lounge...ml#post2626908
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2010, 11:43 AM

I'll see if I can get a picture. Be warned, mine is about 2 metres high, which is not that high. :p

I just wanted the technical term, but hey, I remember that the ones we used had problems and we bought some new lights... then one say, it was the complete opposite! :eek: I don't know what happened, but the 'new' lights were the ones which were not good and the 'defective' old ones were the good ones... go figure... I don't even know now whether it was a dream or not. :p

And by the way, the old ones are the spiky ones. The 'new' ones were not pointy at all.
    Dogs Expert

Dec 9, 2010, 11:45 AM

I bet they are beautiful regardless!
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2010, 11:50 AM

Yes, some of the decorations are really beautiful indeed!

And now, I don't know if we'll do all the 11 carols next week for the youth concert of my church... all the songs are so beautiful, but tough as well.
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2010, 01:12 PM
    I am in and out right now. Didn't mean to disappear.

I will post a picture of my tree. Its about 1/4 of the size as normal but its to cute. I love it. Short and full of needles. With any luck I can get it on tonight or this weekend at the latest.

JLo, management? Ha I am getting so frustrated that's the least thing from my mind. It's that type of place where you go in and your just "supposed" to know. Well how can I know if you don't tell me. But I went through this same thing at the bank and I did end up a supervisor. I wanted to quit forever. Stuck it out and was promoted. I will be OK.
    Dogs Expert

Dec 9, 2010, 01:18 PM

Hehehe I was the one who mentioned management. :o

Well I am off for a bit, can't wait to see your guyses holiday pics. JLo, I hope you feel better soon my dear. Get some rest, and eat some chicken noodle soup!
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2010, 01:24 PM

I'm not sick - just not doing my normal routine of eating right, exercising, and getting enough sleep. You'd think I would know better - just need to get back in my routine.

Bella - I hope you feel better.

Sunny - that is frustrating, but as you know it's also a big opportunity. My guess is that the people there don't really know what they are doing well enough to train you. Maybe once you get established and figure everything out, you can suggest policy and procedure manuals be written.
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2010, 11:45 AM
    Ooops sorry bella, you did say it. I am all in a fuzz lately. Some things are bugging me.

JLo your right. That's the discussion the boss and I had. No one cares. They see all these papers passing through our fingers as just that, papers. But I guess being the way I am and the boss we know its not just paper its money. All these papers have value. So everyone else just does what they have to do to get by from the way it looks. I am opposite. I have to have things perfect and the way it "should" be. Which will be good. But not good for me in the start.

I am making no sense. I need some holiday cheer because today I am searching for a lightening strike to head my way. :(
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2010, 11:54 AM

Awww, don't feel that way. It's Friday. :) Do you have to work tomorrow -or are you done with the other job? I think you must be really tired. At least it sounds like the boss is on your side. I hope he realizes that he has an employee who is willing to work hard to do things right, and that he supports you. Unfortunately, those people who just want to put in their time are going to feel threatened. He will need to stand up for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alty's chit chat thread part 3 [ 1506 Answers ]

Alty wasn't here to continue it so here it is. Continue your chit chat you chit chatters...

Alty's chit chat thread part 2 [ 1500 Answers ]

Well the last one didn't last long. We really are a chatty bunch. Here's another 1500 posts to fill up. :)

Alty's chit chat thread. [ 1500 Answers ]

You all know that I'm notorious for hijacking threads. I go off on a tangent, drag people with me, and before you know it we're entirely off topic.:o Really, I don't mean to do it, it's just something I do, can't seem to control it. I really am a bad girl, I have to go to KP's room. ;) ...

View more questions Search