Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 16, 2008, 12:51 AM

G'nite Momma, G'nite John Boy, G'nite Maryellen, G'nite Grandma, G'nite Grandpa, G'nite Jim Bob, Jimmy Dean, Bobby Joe, Billy Joe, Betty Joe, Uncle Joe, Little Joe, Bobby Sue, Suzy Lou, a Boy named Sue, a dog name boo, and who knows who in hooville. Whew! :D
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 16, 2008, 03:15 AM
    Hi 'kids' see that you've been a bit busy here and sorry that I have not had the time to come in and catch up..

I have to use my oxygen more often now so I could not spend much time with Alex today and that made me sad. He even cried when I got out of the car. He gives me more hugs and kisses lately too - so it hurts even more not to be with him. I love that little man so much it hurts and makes me mad that my body won't let me spend more time.

I cried after they left and am still so pissed that fate has decided my life will be so short - and not give me time with Alex for at least a few more years. Am crying now just thinking about this. My body is killing me, but I am trying hard not to let it do this to my spirit or soul - it's hard sometimes and I don't know if I could do it without you all and my family.

So, you see that the weakness of my body takes over too much and depresses me at times, but also be aware, that without you, it would be harder.

Be patient with me and I will try my best to come on for a while later on.

Love,
    Chery
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 10:46 AM

Chery, I am so sad that you are crying. But you just cry your little heart out as needed. Tears help sometimes to calm our nerves, by releasing some of our stress and sadness. You are such a strong person and loving. You are touching so many lives all over this ol' world. Many are going through some of the same things you are and I know it helps to see we are not alone in our struggles. I think sometimes, that lonely feeling comes in when we are ill because illness is something that affects those around us yet we are the only one actually experiencing the physical pain of needing the oxygen, of nerve endings hurting, of no position being comfortable to be in, sitting or standing, etc. It is one thing for a person to say they understand but until a person walks in the same shoes and the same body, we can only try to understand and all we can do is offer our support and tell you we love you and our hearts are full of compassion for what you are feeling, physically as well as emotionally. I know if you could kick this thing in the butt, you would do it in a New York minute and the victory would be yours. Realizing we are vulnerable is not something we feel every day but when our bodies hurt, then we begin to feel that vulnerability. You sharing your experience on this thread is invaluable for so many. Please know we appreciate you so much. You sharing about Alex and Jamie is also special to us. I am so thankful you have time with them. I know it hurts your heart when you can't be with them as long as you would like because you are hurting. I wish all of us could come to where you live and just envelope you in so much love, there would be no room for illness or pain. I love you Chery. Hang in there knowing you are much loved. Your sense of humor is such a wonder drug for all of us. Thank you for perservering and for loving us!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 16, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Rebby my sweet, you've got me crying again, but these are tears of gratefulness. Grateful that I have you wonderful people here to talk to when I'm up or down. Your words comfort me and I know that if you were here, you'd do more than that.. and I would do the same for you.
    My companion comes again tomorrow and she too is so wonderful to me, since 2006, she's been there and also hugs me - even though we are only on a 'professional' basis - she gives me the feeling that she really cares. She calls me on weekends and evenings on her off-duty time when she knows that I had a rough week, and she's such a wonderful person. I always look forward to her visits and she gets just as excited about coming. She tells me that I light up her days and teach her more than books could. She liked a particular picture of me holding Alex shortly after he was born, and I printed it out for her and gave it to her in a frame - she was so happy to get it and told me she will always have a special place for it in her home to remember me by. We also talk about the love and pride we have in our children and the fears we have for them as the world changes for the worst.
    Going to take a break from the oxygen now and smoke a cig - I need it. Am also downloading a few albums from my favorite site where each track only costs me 15 cents - so loading up on my music collection and will spend the remainder of the evening enjoying these tunes - it will help me a bit.

I was going to answer some relationship posts, but see that there is nothing too crucial at the moment, so will tackle that issue tomorrow. Right now, Momma C needs a break and I know the world will still keep on turning - thank goodness. I just need to blast my head with some music to forget my pain and sadness for a while.

So, until tomorrow... please have a good evening and share a candle with me too.

Thanks again rebby, you always know the right things to say and I appreciate it more than you'll ever know.

C.U. all a little later,
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 16, 2008, 03:24 PM

Hi Momma! Blast that music of yours, and I'll light one of my apple candles and blast mine too.

I couldn't believe it. I was so angry lastnite. My headache had finally gone away for a bit (back now) and I wrote a very long letter to Rebby, which I was going to send you a copy of also. Just before hitting send, it disappeared.

So later on, I thought, well I'll write you one, and send a copy of that to Rebby. I wrote a really long one again. It took me almost an hr. and I had told you about many things. Again... I got to almost the end, and bang... into Cyber Space it went again. Well I could have picked up my computer and threw it on the floor I was so damn mad! I just couldn't believe it happened twice in a row.

I don't know how to write it through Microsoft word, or how to save it along the way. I write all of mine through hotmail. That is the one I know how to navigate, and I'm not so good at the other programs.

I hope your day got a little better sweets, and you are enjoying your music tonight! :)

I will try and write another letter once this awful headache goes away. It's hard to stare at the screen for too long.

MUCHLY! Lots of Hugs, and Many Kisses!!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 16, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    Hi Momma! Blast that music of yours, and I'll light one of my apple candles and blast mine too.

I couldn't believe it. I was so angry lastnite. My headache had finally gone away for a bit (back now) and I wrote a very long letter to Rebby, which I was going to send you a copy of also. Just before hitting send, it disapeared.

So later on, I thought, well I'll write you one, and send a copy of that to Rebby. I wrote a really long one again. It took me almost an hr., and I had told you about many things. Again...I got to almost the end, and bang...into Cyber Space it went again. Well I could have picked up my computer and threw it on the floor I was so damn mad! I just couldn't believe it happened twice in a row.

I don't know how to write it through microsoft word, or how to save it along the way. I write all of mine through hotmail. That is the one I know how to navigate, and I'm not so good at the other programs.

I hope your day got a little better sweets, and you are enjoying your music tonite! :)

I will try and write another letter once this awful headache goes away. It's hard to stare at the screen for too long.

MUCHLY!! Lots of Hugs, and Many Kisses!!!
    Starby, do you have Windows XP?

In "Outlook"; I think that if you click on "file" (upper left corner) in the drop down click on "save page as", you can always delete it later.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Nov 16, 2008, 09:32 PM

Sorry I missed you MammaC! I love you!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 16, 2008, 11:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Starby, do you have Windows XP?

In "Outlook"; I think that if you click on "file" (upper left corner) in the drop down click on "save page as", you can always delete it later.
    Thanks Stringy. Yes I have XP. I guess I'll have to figure out how to do it that way. It's just such a pain in the A$$ when you get used to doing it one way, but I guess it WAY more of a pain when you lose a long letter. :rolleyes: (It seems to me though, that I have also typed letters in Outlook before. I remember in fact typing a letter of complaint to a local supermarket, and I went to send it and I couldn't. It was on my list on things that didn't work, when I gave my computer to my Dad to fix. Now whether he fixed it or not is a different story.)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 17, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Oh Gawwd, I just hate Outlook. I had to use it at work so much and it downright frustrated me. And hotmail, well I had an account many years ago, and never used it after a few weeks. So, that tells you what I feel about it. I use mainly Yahoo - and the only thing that bothers me about it is that I cannot place pictures into the text - I always have to attach them.

But anyway, when writing a letter, or even a post for here, I have learned to use the plain old windows editor. It has no bells and whistles, but it does not wipe away anything I've typed so far. Just find 'notepad' in the search box in your windows menu - and there it will be. You can type, and when finished, just highlite it all and copy, then paste it into your email text area or into the AMHD answer box.. Then, you can check the spelling there.

Talk about computer frustrations, my Internet Explorer is so screwed up right now that I cannot play at least 50 of my 100 and so games and I communicate with RealArcade now almost more than with you guys trying to fix the problem. Even when I go to the directories of my games and click on the executable files - nothing happens, they just won't open up and that is really frustrating. I hate it when Windows and Internet Explorer just take over and do what they want and then you spend hours trying to find the problem and fix it. One keeps telling me I have to contact the Administrator - but I'm the Admin - it's my computer and I'm not on a darned network nor am I a server... so go figure! I will get this issue taken care of or I will re-format this thing and start all over again which will take at least 24 hours or more... but at the end, I WILL BE BOSS again. Another thing is that one day my spell checker works, and the next it does not.. again go figure! So if there are any misspelled words in here now, sorry, but I'm sure you get the message anyway.

Otherwise, how I feel, and how my past few days were - don't ask... it would take a book longer than this post right now. It's just an emotional and physical phase that I have to ride out, but I promise not to let it take too long -with your help and your emails, I'm sure I'll be better soon.

I still think of all of you, and especially Chicky and Alty and hope that you two are doing as well as you can. Thinking of you and sending you good vibes before I close down for the night every day. And Jan, darling, I hope my email got through to you love, and hope it helped a bit.

OK, now I'm closing for the night and blasting some more tunes...

C.U. all a little later!
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Chery... I am thinking about you. Hugs and love;)

I liked your positive approach when you say... in the end, I WILL BE THE BOSS AGAIN!!
    You go girl;)
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 12:59 PM

Ha you know what Chery my love you put my little pot of missery to shame I have no right to winge or moan oooo I want to say rude words but ben will kick my .
    You lady are a heck of a women and your strength and courage is bloody amazing and you know what your love will live on forever because its so dam special and strong.

I want to share a rhyme my friends little girl has been singing and she was somewhat concerned as to where the hell it came from you know what 3 year olds are like not getting all the words giggle.

(Sing to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star)

Twinkle twinkle chocolate bar
    My dad drives a rusty car
    Pull the starter push the choke
    Off we go in a cloud of smoke
    Twinkle twinkle chocolate bar
    My dad drives a rusty car

That's me outa here love dear lady as always xxx
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 17, 2008, 01:18 PM
    Dearest CBW. It is wonderful to hear from you. You probably won't see this unless you have a free minute and drop in again, but I also sent you a PM to let you know how much I missed you and appreciate your short visit. I think that little three year old did good with that poem - it's so cute!

I hope you, Curlyben and the rest of the family are doing fine and hope to hear from you again when you have time. Say hi to Janine for me too when you run into her please..

Lots and lots of HUGS to you and your's!

Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 17, 2008, 01:52 PM

Daily Email Newsletter - Funniest Video of the Day

Need a laugh here it is... she is funny but honest.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Heehee Stringer... she is not only funny but dang she makes some gosh darn sense;) Then we can have all of the people getting ANY kind of bailout take a drug test and such... ;) Ohhh YEAH!

CBW, that was so cute.

Chery... hugs sweet love:)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 17, 2008, 02:35 PM

Need a laugh here it is....she is funny but honest.
    I just happened to catch it that night when Wanda Sykes was on Leno. She said more, and I think she's absofreakinlutely hilarious! I've got one of her stand up comedy DVD's. Just love her!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 17, 2008, 03:49 PM

Need a laugh here it is....she is funny but honest.
    Hey there babe, thanks for the laugh. I also checked out the others and the 'massage' clip was hilarious!

I wish there were a way to make the fonts larger on here - it's getting harder and harder for me to read the posts - guess it's time to buy magnifying glasses.

An hour ago I was going to close and listen to some tunes, but look at me - yup! - I'm addicted...

Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 17, 2008, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22 View Post
    Heehee Stringer...she is not only funny but dang she makes some gosh darn sense;) Then we can have all of the people getting ANY kind of bailout take a drug test and such....;) Ohhh YEAH!!

CBW, that was so cute.

Chery...hugs sweet love:)
    Oh no! NOT drug tests, it would deprive them of money for their cokes... Taxpayers pay for that too but get arrested for having a little joint in the car - where's the justice?? HUGS right back at you honey!

Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 17, 2008, 03:55 PM

Hi my Sweet Cherie Amour! I wasn't expecting to see you back tonight! How are you feeling my sweets. I know the answer :(... but I always need to ask anyway. Love you too much not to. ;)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 17, 2008, 04:00 PM
    I read your email today, and the first sentence cracked me up laughing. I wasn't expecting it, and it caught me off guard. That meanie bro of yours doing that to you when you were young, and carrying those dishes. It's not too funny when it's happening, and knowing the other things I do, but just the picture of it in my head, and how it caught me off guard, just really made me giggle. :D I needed a good one today! Between you and Starty, you saved the day! ;)

... I can't forget our other dear inner circle girl either... her emails gave me a good laugh today too! :)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery View Post

I wish there were a way to make the fonts larger on here - it's getting harder and harder for me to read the posts - guess it's time to buy magnifying glasses.
    MommaC
    If you go too your IE toolbar there is a "PAGE" button , click on that and then the "ZOOM" option. You can resize the fonts on that :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I buy a Chery car? [ 4 Answers ]

We are looking at buying a new car and have trawled the showrooms lately. We saw a Chery - Chinese car which was very cheap and had all sorts of fancy gizmos: movie screens in rear seats and one at front in the middle (could be a bit dangerous? ); 2.4litre engine; sunroof; blah blah blah. ...

Chery? [ 7 Answers ]

Anyone hear from Chery?? It's been MONTHS!! Can we all try and contact and let her know were thinking about her. I know she's had some stuff going going I nher life.

Sweet sweet blues music [ 19 Answers ]

Does anyone know if Howling Wolf or John Lee Hooker are still alive and if they are, are they still playing

Welcome Back Chery! [ 7 Answers ]

It's really nice to see you posting on here again. I hope everything went well for you, and that you will soon be your old self again! I really missed you.

View more questions Search