Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2013, 07:39 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    if you can't understand that Obamacare's union cheerleaders aren't happy, and that 90 percent of federal workers, including those enforcing it, don't want any part of it you'll never get it.
    Nahhh.. You're NOT paying attention.

They DO want PARTS of it. The LOVE the part that says kids get to stay on their parents policy until they're 26. That'll NEVER change... They LOVE the part where your insurance company CANNOT deny you because of a pre-existing condition.. We'll NEVER go back to the way it was.

I agree, though, about the part they DON'T like, and that's how to PAY for it... So, the REALITY is, it's HERE to stay. But, instead of trying to FIX it, you'd rather DESTROY your party over it. Makes NO sense to me...

Excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2013, 07:43 AM
    Dude, you sound just like Obama's other useful idiots. The difference is they've finally noticed they got screwed.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 17, 2013, 07:59 AM
    The part you don't acknowledge is negotiations are still in progress and the tweaking continues. No you don't get to use resolution of the glitches as an excuse to repeal it and go back to consumers being gouged.

13 days left.
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2013, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    The part you don't acknowledge is negotiations are still in progress and the tweaking continues. No you don't get to use resolution of the glitches as an excuse to repeal it and go back to consumers being gouged.

13 days left.
    SMH... you guys worry me.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2013, 09:15 AM

13 days left.
    Oh I have no doubt that there is behind the scenes negotiations and promises by the emperor to his union base asking them to ride it out and the "fixes" will come later. Specifically they will agree to extend taxpayer subsidies (the ones designed to help families without employer sponsored insurance )to the union “Taft-Hartley” plans.
    This idea was floated by James Hoffa in his scathing letter to Speaker Bonehead and Madam Mimi .
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2013, 09:27 AM
    Not even Warren Buffet is still backing this.

Warren Buffett: Scrap Obamacare and Start Over | The Weekly Standard

He wants it scrapped just like most Americans.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 17, 2013, 10:51 AM
    Not a surprise you would listen to a rich banker telling you what's good for people who suffer under not being able to afford health care at all, and a right wing news source.

Doctors Readying For Obamacare's New Health Insurance Benefits

I guess doctors working quietly to help their patients instead of scare them with hollering doesn't make the news as much. Keep squealing and in 13 days when the creek don't rise and the sky don't fall, you will be ignored as a noisemaker after a party is over, and reality takes hold.

But then reality never shuts you guys up as you still try to kill SS, and Medicare after all these years.
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2013, 10:53 AM
    Don't leave out all the doctors who are closing up their practices or changing over to botique care exclusively outside of Obamacare where you pay cash... you don't want to appear to be ignoring the reality do you?
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2013, 11:02 AM
    Not a surprise you would listen to a rich banker telling you what's good for people who suffer under not being able to afford health care at all, and a right wing news source.

Doctors Readying For Obamacare's New Health Insurance Benefits

I guess doctors working quietly to help their patients instead of scare them with hollering doesn't make the news as much. Keep squealing and in 13 days when the creek don't rise and the sky don't fall, you will be ignored as a noisemaker after a party is over, and reality takes hold.

But then reality never shuts you guys up as you still try to kill SS, and Medicare after all these years.
    Dude, I can say this much for you, you are a faithful soldier in Obama's army. I'm not saying that's a good thing, but you are dedicated to the cause no matter how big a clusterfark it is.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2013, 11:05 AM
    I like this comment from an article --

Q: After personally working on the legislation, what are your final thoughts about Obamacare? Do you think we’re heading in the right direction with this legislation?

A: The Affordable Care Act is an incredibly complex and imperfect law, but this is landmark legislation for American health-care history, kind of the starting place for a lot of important changes. The country was already facing problems of rising health-care costs and this has sort of sparked the changes that needed to happen. More people are going to be able to afford coverage, which is really a moral step in the right direction for everyone. It will be a bumpy road but in about 10 years expect to see a much better health-care system.

What to expect when Obamacare hits full swing in 2014
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2013, 11:06 AM
    Right out of the WHite Houses Propaganda Ministry.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2013, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Right out of the WHite Houses Propaganda Ministry.
    Hope I live to see its success.
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2013, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Hope I live to see its success.
    I hope it is history before this year is out... and I certainly will work to get rid of it as long as it takes.
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2013, 12:48 PM
    Hello again, smoothy:
    I hope it is history before this year is out... and I certainly will work to get rid of it as long as it takes.
    Then you believe shutting down the government will get it defunded, true? And, you believe that defunding it will get rid of it forever, true? And, you believe that sometime during the last 3.5 years of the Obama administration, that Obama will sign a repeal of his signature legislation, true?

What part of it BEING the CONSTITUTIONAL LAW of the land, do you NOT understand?

Excon
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2013, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, smoothy:
    Then you believe shutting down the government will get it defunded, true? And, you believe that defunding it get rid of it forever, true? And, you believe that sometime during the last 3.5 years of the Obama administration, that Obama will sign a repeal of his signature legislation, true?

What part of it BEING the CONSTITUTIONAL LAW of the land, do you NOT understand?

excon
    What part of OBAMA IS NOT A GOD do you not understand... ANY law ever written can be repealed... especially one this screwed up and bad.. Even one handed down from ontop the mountain by Obama the Messiah.
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2013, 01:25 PM
    Hello again, smoothy:
    Then you believe shutting down the government will get it defunded, true? And, you believe that defunding it will get rid of it forever, true? And, you believe that sometime during the last 3.5 years of the Obama administration, that Obama will sign a repeal of his signature legislation, true?

excon
    What part of a majority of Americans didn't want it then and don't want it now don't you understand?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2013, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    What part of a majority of Americans didn't want it then and don't want it now don't you understand?
    Where are you finding this "majority"? That's not what I'm reading about and hearing.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 17, 2013, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Where are you finding this "majority"? That's not what I'm reading about and hearing.
    Health Care Law - Rasmussen Reports™

This looks like most polls I've seen and heard of.
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2013, 01:49 PM
    Hello dad:

What you won is the PR war. They COULD have been better at introducing it..

Nonetheless, like Nancy Peloci said, you have get it before you understand it.

The problem you wingers have, is that your conversation hasn't changed one iota since the bill was being debated. You threw around stuff like Death Panels which was patently untrue, and now you expect us to believe you...

I'm sorry. I don't. It's a GOOD law. It needs tweaking. It ain't going anywhere.

excon
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 17, 2013, 01:56 PM
    Hello dad:

What you won is the PR war. They COULD have been better at introducing it..

Nonetheless, like Nancy Peloci said, you have get it before you understand it.

The problem you wingers have, is that your conversation hasn't changed one iota since the bill was being debated. You threw around stuff like Death Panels which was patently untrue, and now you expect us to believe you...

I'm sorry. I don't. It's a GOOD law. It needs tweaking. It ain't going anywhere.

excon
    Lets face it. Tweaking is something that you do when you need minor corrective changes. This is a disaster. It need much more then tweaking. It needed an overhaul as soon as it was passed. They could have done it correctly and brought it in in stages. But they didn't want to do that. It makes too much sense. Now as America is trying to recover from Obamanomics we will be stuck with this that will further burdern the taxpayers of this country and slow it down even more. What you thought it was free??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obamacare 2.0 [ 440 Answers ]

Health Insurance Brokers Prepare Clients For Obamacare Sticker Shock - Forbes Yeah it's the greedy provider's fault that they have to double rates to cover all the mandates in the plan. Yeah the Obots were slick making sure all the low hanging fruit ;all the carrots like allowing your kids...

Obamacare For The Poor [ 18 Answers ]

What happens in 2014. Women 60 years old is unemployed and has a preexisting condition. Has been denied medicaid in Florida, she did not met the current guild-lines. Only income is from her husband's social security check. I wonder what will happen in this type of situation??

Obamacare... [ 6 Answers ]

What exactly does it mean? I've heard different things from different people and don't know what to believe...

Obamacare's unconstitutional [ 17 Answers ]

That's what U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson said today. He said the mandate requiring people to have medical insurance exceeds all constitutional "logical limitations ". Judge in Va. strikes down federal health care law - Yahoo! News If one part of Obamacare goes down then the whole law...

Alternatives to Obamacare; [ 178 Answers ]

Obamacare, whatever that may be, is unpopular, not cost effective , and offensive to the people it is to care for and from whom paid taxes into this. It is time to move on and look at alternatives to Obamacare and the CURRENT healthcare system we have in place. The ultimate goal being to provide...

View more questions Search