Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2011, 08:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello smoothy:

I heard there were actual police reports and arrest records of the corn holing going on in the tea party... There's no telling how many people got corn holed and didn't report it.. It was really ugly, I heard. It was on the internet. Really. It's true.

excon
    Care to provide any link... even from a lefty news source?

Its easy to Google up reports of the Poo in the Park assaults.

Here is one where they are telling people to keep it quiet so its not all reported...

http://www.verumserum.com/?p=31759

And a whole list... take your choice.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-a...w=1539&bih=943
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2011, 02:46 AM
    If you don't listen now, instead of nit-picking individuals and broad brushing the whole by the ones you don't like, then of course it gets louder, and uglier. But the right rather wait for them to go home, or call out the national guard. To bad you guys can only see this through tunnel vision, but when faced with enough anger by your fellow citizens, maybe you guys will figure it out.

They don't have a right to burn, loot, and destroy. But they darn do have a right to assembly. Just because you don't understand what they are hollering about NOW! You will because I doubt they go away, despite your denial.
    The day after the 1st of many to come OWS riots ;the Oakland city council was entertaining a resolution of support for Occupy Oakland ,AND to 'unequivocally embrace" the protesters' .
    http://sfappeal.com/news/2011/11/sup...sday-night.php

In this 'Looking glass world' one should find it curious that the power would collaborate with the anarchists .The only real explanation is the goals are the same .It has been clear from the beginning that these protests are in support of statism.

That became clear to me the day the owners of Zucotti Park wanted it cleared for one day to get it cleaned ,and verious members of the NYC Democrat elites intervened on behalf of the protesters.

I agree with them when they speak about bank bailouts. That should never've happened .If we truly had a capitalist system it wouldn't have happened . But the only thing that happened to banks was the spraying graffiti on some ATMs ,and terrorizing bank tellers in Manhattan .
    One thing for sure... you won't see this mob attack anything that is part of the Pelosi empire .See 60 Minutes this weekend about Paul Pelosi's insider trading of Visa at a time Madame Mimi was considering legislation about the company. Or her brother-in-law, Ronald Pelosi, a senior executive with a company called Pacific Corporate Group.

Among PCG's investments is SolarReserve, based in Santa Monica, Calif. which received a $737 million loan guarantee to build a 110-megawatt solar-thermal plant in Tonopah, Nev.
    But Madame Mimi has come out in support of the OWS movement ;so she is safe.

Instead they went after Whole Foods store (by all appearances a company like Ben and Jerry's that these clowns should embrace) ;and they went after Men's Warehouse (I guess their crime is selling 2:1 suits to the man) . Didn't matter that George Zimmer ;founder of Men's Warehouse is a long time lefty and Howard Dean supporter in 2008. They had a big poster on their shop saying "We Stand With the 99%". Didn't help... not on Kristallnacht. Yeah that's right... Zimmer is Jewish .
    Anti-Semitism at Occupy Wall Street Protest [CLEAN VERSION] - YouTube
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Nov 5, 2011, 05:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The day after the 1st of many to come OWS riots ;the Oakland city council was entertaining a resolution of support for Occupy Oakland ,AND to 'unequivocally embrace" the protesters' .
    Supporters Of #OccupyOakland Pack City Council Meeting Thursday Night: News: SFAppeal

In this 'Looking glass world' one should find it curious that the power would collaborate with the anarchists .The only real explanation is the goals are the same .It has been clear from the beginning that these protests are in support of statism.

You can tell this from the footage and interviews? The protesters are obviously confused.

You comment also seems confused as well. You cannot support anarchism while at the same time supporting statism. I would say you would have to be one or the other.

Tut
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2011, 06:36 AM
    Yeah one would think but in retrospect it becomes clearer . At the heart of it is the indoctrinated who believes their comfy lives should be sustained by the government after they've left the comfy lives their parents provided through their hard work. See the OP... the demographics don't lie . The pols in turn want to keep this constituency happy so they can retain power .It's Roman Bread and Circus all over again. What they are demanding is in fact more patronizing and condescending authoritarianism under the guise of social justice . It serves the Patricians to direct the ire at someone else.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 5, 2011, 07:52 PM
    Darn those occupiers! Making those 14 million unemployed look bad. Yet they sit home and not make trouble. Just be poor.

In December, after the repubs cut the food stamps, a million people run out of benefits, in January, 6 million more.

What happens when all those folks ain't got nothing else to do but be mad? Ya think they'll join the crowd in the streets? Or take all those dishwashing jobs until something better comes along? Or pick fruit? Or strawberries? You know the ones that those brown people use to do? Call it what you will, and delude yourself into thinking its about a free ride, its not. Its about being pissed that the dealer got caught cheating, and they ain't happy.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2011, 03:53 AM
    Yeah I have no doubt more Obamavilles will pop up all over the country.

Or take all those dishwashing jobs until something better comes along?
    Why not. It's comments like this that prove the point

The truth is that there are lots of hands on jobs ;skilled and good paying ,but hard labor work that doesn't get filled easily in this country .

Plumbers ,electricians ,mechanics and similar type work is not being filled because for some reason the kids are filled with the lie that if they get a humanities degree or some other liberal arts degree that they are entitled to walk into well paying positions and never get their hands dirty again .
    I washed dishes ;was a cook ,worked in construction ,3rd shift injection mold plants... anything . I knew those jobs weren't going to be my final one.

Get out of the Occupy camps and go to work . Maybe then they'll have a clue.
    Expert

Nov 6, 2011, 09:42 AM
    LOL, is that a fair argument to make since those jobs were available to you back in the day, but are not now to this generation? You and smoothy are always talking about how hard you worked, back in the day, before the economy shrank, and calling these youngsters lazy a$$es. In truth they do not have those same opportunities that you had to even prove they can work hard.

I would love to see how many dish washing jobs you would be taking if you found yourself unemployed at YOUR age now, and facing and vastly different job market. Even if you did wash dishes, and RETRAINED yourself, you would still have to eat, AND pay bills, AND keep a roof over YOUR head.

AND compete with the youngsters who DO takes those dish washing jobs.I really think you would change your tune if faced with what 14 million other people are facing. How do you work hard when there is NO work? Or at least, not enough for everyone!!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 6, 2011, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    LOL, is that a fair argument to make since those jobs were available to you back in the day, but are not now to this generation? You and smoothy are always talking about how hard you worked, back in the day, before the economy shrank, and calling these youngsters lazy a$$es. In truth they do not have those same opportunities that you had to even prove they can work hard.
    I will say this. Mechanics are in high demand. But the difference between the ages is that less places are willing to train and only want to hire experienced mechanics. Our school system has shut this down and they only have to look inside to see who is to blame. When making cuts the industrial arts classes are the first ones on the chopping block. Being a mechanic is a lifetime job even in today's economy.

Demand For Auto Mechanics May Increase As Vehicle Repairs Surge

Always in Demand – Diesel Mechanic- Grad2B

Mechanics in Demand | chlorinefreelife.com
    Expert

Nov 6, 2011, 12:35 PM
    I have seen many of those lazy spoiled youngsters get themselves qualified for something more than washing dishes, but they never get the press as the occupiers, and protesters. Still it's a tough job market, and you may have to relocate out of your own comfort zone to get those jobs. Not easy when you have a family, and are an older person. Even younger people have many challenges, and obstacles to relocation. For jobs, and the training.

Yeah congress cut some more grants, and food stamps.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2011, 01:45 PM
    is that a fair argument to make since those jobs were available to you back in the day, but are not now to this generation?
    They are jobs unfilled here .
    Decent green for blue collars - NYPOST.com

and you may have to relocate out of your own comfort zone to get those jobs.
    You do what you have to do
    Not easy when you have a family, and are an older person. Even younger people have many challenges, and obstacles to relocation. For jobs, and the training.
    No it isn't

Our school system has shut this down and they only have to look inside to see who is to blame. When making cuts the industrial arts classes are the first ones on the chopping block. Being a mechanic is a lifetime job even in today's economy.
    Exactly ;the school system steers kids away from vocational training ;and frankly... Americans look down on these jobs as jobs that are "beneath them".
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 6, 2011, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    the school system steers kids away from vocational training ;and frankly ...Americans look down on these jobs as jobs that are "beneath them".
    So what can be done to change that? I HATE it when I hear cries of "You must go to college to become a success in life." Bull feathers!
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2011, 02:35 PM
    Absolutely agree. Frankly ,at the cost of a college education that whole system needs revision also . Much of the cost of college is in the campus experience. My daughter saved a lot on money by living at home and going to a local private college . There are also unrelated courses needed to get a 4 year degree. Eliminate them as pre-requisites and perhaps a degree can be completed in less time.

Vocational training should not be snubbed.. in fact it should be encouraged as a legitimate alternative . Why not teach business math and accounting instead of math that is required for college admission ?

And... I've always been in favor of industry becoming sponsors to high schools and /or specific educational training . That would help off set the costs of public education. Why not ? Those so called 1% ers stand to benefit the most from an educated work force. So why not have companies sponsor it and get all the pr benefit from the relationship ?
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 6, 2011, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    So what can be done to change that? I HATE it when I hear cries of "You must go to college to become a success in life." Bull feathers!
    You need parents that stand up to the school system in general. Children can get their first experience from auto shop and other places. Another thing is to educate the public at large. Cars 20 or 30 years ago aren't even related to what is produced today. So many sytems and subsystems. Much more to know then before and computers are involved also. Look at how many are having to relearn what they thought they know due to electric cars and hybrids.
    Expert

Nov 6, 2011, 02:44 PM
    Originally Posted by tomder55
    The school system steers kids away from vocational training ;and frankly... Americans look down on these jobs as jobs that are "beneath them".
    I don't believe that for one second. Enrollment in community colleges, and online education is way up. These kids are doing the best they can with the hand they are dealt. It's the adults (US) who have screwed things up, and it's the adults who should be fixing it. I don't think that calling them names, or the unfortunate ones who the system has grossly failed represents a lack of effort. I think it's a lack of support we should be blaming.

Rich I don't mind, but greedy hoarding of the money hurts us all. We bail them out, they bail us out, and we are all better off and don't have a betch. These are not great times for a lot of us.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 6, 2011, 02:47 PM
    Our area high schools are connected to a vocational school. Core classes are taken at the high school for two years. In junior and senior years, if the student is properly motivated, he or she is allowed to attend high school in the morning and then bused to the vocational school in the afternoon for instruction in child care, medical lab work, auto mechanics, cooking/baking, and other hands-on careers that offer practical experience with an on-site restaurant, child care nursery for area companies, and connections with area hospitals and auto repair/maintenance businesses.

Grads of these programs get a special certificate and job-hunting help (if they don't already have one when they graduate). Many go on to the community college for more training in their field and further certification.

Perhaps this country needs more of these?
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 6, 2011, 05:01 PM
    Our area high schools are connected to a vocational school. Core classes are taken at the high school for two years. In junior and senior years, if the student is properly motivated, he or she is allowed to attend high school in the morning and then bused to the vocational school in the afternoon for instruction in child care, medical lab work, auto mechanics, cooking/baking, and other hands-on careers that offer practical experience with an on-site restaurant, child care nursery for area companies, and connections with area hospitals and auto repair/maintenance businesses.

Grads of these programs get a special certificate and job-hunting help (if they don't already have one when they graduate). Many go on to the community college for more training in their field and further certification.

Perhaps this country needs more of these?

The oddest thing about this is that from what I remember back when. They had all of that on campus. Home Ec. Woodshop, Metalshop and auto. As well as typing etc classes. All was "in house" so to speak. That way the opportunities were passed on by those attending the schools. If they didn't close them down there would be no need for busing (takes time away from the student) or have the courses be estranged from the schools.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 6, 2011, 05:20 PM
    Those are all in-house too at the high school, but just individual courses. A student can do a try-out in wood or metal shop to see if he likes that sort of thing or if he's on a college track can take wood shop or home ec. My son took home ec courses to figure out if he wanted to go on to become a line cook or chef. He found out he didn't. If he wanted to, he would have gone on into that vocational facility's cooking/baking program and then to a culinary institute.

The advantage of this vocational facility is that propels students toward a career, can efficiently and effectively service several high schools, does adult training in the evenings, and has an on-site restaurant, day care, etc. that the high schools don't have.

In the Chicago suburbs, the distances are small and the vocational center is centrally located to most of the high schools.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2011, 06:27 AM
    I agree too... not everyone is cut out for college, or will be doing work that requires it.

And anyone that thinks there isn't money to be made in the restaurant business... I have a friend that started a small local chain of family restaurants... he has a share in all of them even though most are owned by others... the guy is loaded as are most of the owners of the restaurants. None of them were born into wealth. Or even born in this country.

Anyone that's NOT going to college would be far better off in VoTech learning SOME skill rather than being just another fool coming out of school without a specific developed marketable skill.

Trust me... I know people, many of them that are lucky to know how to do one thing... much less more than one. Something I find hard to grasp because I've learned how to do so many different things... some of them just by watching certain shows on TV. Others from individuals who knew how to do them.

Since High School I've learned how to build a footer for a house... lay a cement block foundation, lay and point brick, Do ceramic Tile work, Plumbing, Electrical work... framing, Sheetrock, not to mention automotive electrical systems, gas AND diesel engines, rebuilding transmissions, etc... etc...

Never mind the fact I'm a Degreed Electronic Engineer.

And I know people that can't grasp how to change a flat tire or change a spark plug on a lawnmower... but thankful for those types because I gets lots of free power equipment as a result.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2011, 06:37 AM
    Hello:

Education?? We don't need no stinkin education!

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2011, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    I heard there were actual police reports and arrest records of the corn holing going on in the tea party... There's no telling how many people got corn holed and didn't report it.. It was really ugly, I heard. It was on the internet. Really. It's true.
    I can give you a bunch of links but will ABC do?

Sexual Assaults Reported in 'Occupy' Camps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Percent return on assets and a 75 percent retention ratio. What is the internal growt [ 0 Answers ]

Hello. I have some bus finance questions which I am having some trouble with. I would appreciate anyhelp. Thank you.

11 is what percent of 29? [ 9 Answers ]

What percent of 29 is 11?

Percent changes [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me out with this? On December 31, 1995, there were an estimated 411 prison inmates per 100,000 U.S. residents. This number rose to an estimated 476 inmates per 100,000 U.S. residents by December 31, 2002. a.What percentage of the U.S. population were prison inmates at the...

Percy Motors has a target capital structure of 40 percent debt and 60 percent common [ 2 Answers ]

Percy Motors has a target capital structure of 40 percent debt and 60 percent common equity, with no preferred stock. The yield to maturity on the company's outstanding bonds is 9 percent, and its tax rate is 40 percent. Percy's CFO estimates that the company's WACC is 9.96 percent. What is Percy's...

Percent proportion [ 2 Answers ]

OK I don't get this one question on my homework and I do not understand it can you help me with this please The question is:90 is 60% of what number

View more questions Search