Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2009, 11:10 AM

I know that the more I leave my messed up ways *whether they are sin or just stresses that I don't need in my life the more God blesses me with little things and the more I can clearly do what I need to be doing.
    Like if I am worrying about what others think or worrying about helping them with a problem when that is not what I need to be doing or letting people hold me back, or going somewhere when I felt God telling me I should be doing something else then I miss out on God's blessing because I am listening and heeding the confusion of the world.
    Basically sin is missing the mark and not listening to God. Many people have God so crowded out of their life that they do not even believe it is possible to hear him direct you

Paul Crouch and a lot of other televangelists follow the prosperity and motivational teachings rather than the basics of Gods word.
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2009, 12:43 PM

1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

1 John 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    yeah that is the distinction.
    You are either sinning by doing what you want and not caring
    or you are trying to walk with God but your old ways get in the way.

If you are willfully doing the Frank Sinatra I did it may way thing then you aren't walking with God.
    Yeah well that song of ol Blue eyes has unfortunately defined my life at times... that and Robert Goulet's... I got to be me! Ha... not proud of it but it is true!
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2009, 11:34 PM
    Christfollower,
    So far you have received some good answers.
    All of us are sinners to some extend.
    They are among the crosses we must bear, work with and repent of in addition to correcting.
    Does one particular sin cause a person to be less of a Christian than other sins?
    Only if we will not repent of it and work to correct it.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Does It Take To Be A Christian? [ 60 Answers ]

What Does It Take To Be A Christian? So many churches say different things, And I want to know what your opinion is.

Why, why would I want to be a Christian? [ 37 Answers ]

A homeless couple needed a place to live. I offered my spare rooms and bathroom and said that we could share the rest of the house until they got back on their feet. They asked if I was a Christian. I said that I was raised a Christian but was now a Wiccan. They said that they could not live with...

Not PC to be Christian? [ 17 Answers ]

I've noticed among a lot of my friends that it just doesn't seem to be Politically Correct to be Christian. I've got a pretty ethnically diverse friend group even. I know some Hindu believers, a Buddhist, Scientologist family, and several aethiests. It just seems like their more willing to...

Christian [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am Mich3. I was looking for a Christian page. Is there one here?

View more questions Search