Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2008, 05:26 AM

For the sake of staying clear of deception, I feel it is important to recognize that each created idenitity was done by the intervention of God. Each are evident for good reason...
    There can come a day when antichrist comes to decieve, and he can claim to be the one god with all glory.
    We need to remember what is written. And Christ always spoke of The Father, and He spoke of the sending the Holy Spirit. Each evident identity is intervention by God for reason. And we as children of God should keep each indentity in awareness, and follow Christ.

Daniel 11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Oct 29, 2008, 10:47 AM

The whole theology is based upon Jesus being created as a perfect man to replace Adam who was imperfect and caused us to be condemned in the first place by original sin. If Jesus was simply God, sort of in disguise, of course he could have remained faithful to himself, he created the whole world after all, a few years as a man would have been no big deal. Do you think when Jesus was growing up as an infant or a small child he was somehow also secretly running the entire universe, sort of like Superman disguised as Clark Kent? And if He indeed was, why was He in agony in the garden of Gethsemane, asking God to take this cup from Him? If He had no doubts about His ability to remain faithful to God even unto death, that He had super powers and indeed couldn't actually die but would go back to being God, that wouldn't have been a sacrifice.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wildandblue View Post
    The whole theology is based upon Jesus being created as a perfect man to replace Adam who was imperfect and caused us to be condemned in the first place by original sin. If Jesus was simply God, sort of in disguise, of course he could have remained faithful to himself, he created the whole world after all, a few years as a man would have been no big deal. Do you think when Jesus was growing up as an infant or a small child he was somehow also secretly running the entire universe, sort of like Superman disguised as Clark Kent? And if He indeed was, why was He in agony in the garden of Gethsemane, asking God to take this cup from Him? If He had no doubts about His ability to remain faithful to God even unto death, that He had super powers and indeed couldn't actually die but would go back to being God, that wouldn't have been a sacrifice.
    Don't forget that God, before He came to earth as a man, took that into consideration. When Jesus came to earth, He chose to live completely as a man, and to submit Himself fully to God and put aside His glory as God until He was resurrected.

Phil 2:5-9
    5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.
    NKJV

When He was about to die, Jesus prayed for the return of the glory that He shared with God the Father from eternity.

John 17:5
    5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
    NKJV
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2008, 07:35 PM
    sndbay ,
    YES, we most always be on guard against the devil and his deception.
    Faithfulness to God will help us do that.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where in the Bible? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Catholic and I am trying to remember but can't as to where in the Bible I could find about the story where Jesus gave three men pieces of silver (?), the pieces of silver represents the gifts that he left us. God said the number of silver is given according to one's ability. God would later...

Before the Bible. [ 29 Answers ]

Here is another thought provoking question about the Bible or lack there-of. I believe the Bible was written 300 years A.D. Let's take all the millions of people that walked the Earth before the Bible with all it's rules were even known to anyone. How did they know what rules to follow? Did they...

What does te Bible say about. [ 7 Answers ]

What does the Bible have to say about Marijuana smoking? I would love to know if it's a sin (I assume it is) and why... if anyone could help I would appreciate it! Thanks .

Bible Help [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English. There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions. Please Help! I'm Catholic, and I want something the King James Version. Thank you!

Bible Help [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the oldest translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English.  There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions.  Please Help!  I'm Catholic, and I want something before the King James Version. Thank you! RionerPoet

View more questions Search