Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MLB33 Posts: 89, Reputation: 6

Jan 16, 2008, 11:32 AM
    What about valentines day.. I might make this a post. Its coming up in less than a month. And no Im not getting her anything haha. But what about a text or something. Would it have more of an impact if I didn't send anything? Im sure somewhere in her mind she will be thinking about me. Even if its wondering if I'm going to send anything or not.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Nope nope nope.

No sending anything. No texting. No calling. NOTHING!

Don't do this to create an "impact" on her... because if it doesn't have an impact, you'll be sorely disappointed. Do this so that you can feel better and move on with your life.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2008, 11:35 AM
    MLB... I thought about sending flowers without any sender information just to make her wonder.. who they are from.. but I think I'm going to go against that idea.. It will be hard, but we can do it buddy
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Yeah. What will happen if you do send things/call them/text them?

1. she will respond. She'll say, THANKS, YOU TOO. Or something like that. You will think something's up... but really, you just kind of destroyed the NC thing.

2. she'll respond. She'll say STOP CALLING. You'll be crushed.

3. she won't respond. You'll be sad.

Jan 16, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Im almost positive I would get the "thanks you too" response. She's a sweet girl. And Im not on here to bash her by any means. Sometimes it just doesn't work. But its just so weird because when we moved, she made all new friends at her work and all my friends are in the other town (everybody I work with is older haha). Anyway, so this is what led me to being too clingy. I was insecure about our relationship because of hwo she was acting so different so therefore I was needy. However, she was like this in the beginning of the relationship and like I said I broke up with her for it yada yada. I know that she knows how I feel. By doing the whole NC thing I just don't want to give her the "forget about us, I hate you vibe" so she might think we can't get back together even if she wanted. But I guess if she wanted to be with me she would make that effort to be.

Jan 16, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Sorry got off the topic, but if I'm going for the getting her back make her miss me thing. I swear it sounds so retarded but I know she loves me. Maybe its just at a different level then I wish I have no idea but I know she does. So, do you think not sending anything for v day would imapct her in any way? I kind of think it would make her think... "why didnt I get anything from him has he forgot about me." And then, maybe I'm wrong...
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Exactly, make her do some work. We have made our stance known before, we didn't end it so our love is still very much alive for her.

Jan 16, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Yeah that's true. There's really no reason for me to think that she doesn't know but I just want to make sure she does know without contacting her... haha if you can figure that one out let me know...
    confused25 Posts: 319, Reputation: 98

Jan 16, 2008, 12:04 PM
    You need to stay strong. As much as it hurts you have to remain in No Contact. From your previous posts it seems that she was pretty clear in what was going on. She asked for space now you have to give it to her. I know you would like some closure but in reality you already know the truth. The relationship is over and it's something you have to accept.

This doesn't mean that there isn't a possibility of things working out in the future, but as of now your relationship with this person is over and you need to move on. In a month or so she may call you back, it's happened before to different people, in fact it has already happened in your relationship. However, quit killing yourself and accept reality... you are not longer with this person.

I'm in a similar situation to you (aren't we all). My girlfriend broke-up with me a few days before Christmas and we haven't talked since then. Yet something keeps telling me that things will someday work out between us. Deep down I feel that we will get back together (sound familiar). Unfortunately, these are just feelings and they will not turn into anything more then that. Life simply doesn't work the way it does in the movies. As much as we would like it, our exes don't appear at our door sad and admitting that they made a mistake. There is no big reunion with a wonderful happy ending.

I don't want to crush all your hopes because no one knows what the future holds. She just may come back and the relationship will work. But for now accept the situation as it is: the relationship is over--no contact or closure is necessary--and move on with your life. These are the cards you have been dealt, sure they suck but play with them as best you can. And remember as hard as it is, stay positive because life is always dealing us a new set of cards and they may be some really good ones.
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Ha ha... yea, hmm... I don't forsee that happening anytime soon but when I do I will be sure to let you know.. Maybe a billboard? But we might want to be a little bit more suttle

Jan 16, 2008, 12:14 PM
    NC vs Contact
    Ok so I've figured out that NC is for working on healing yourself. You and only you. Its all about my feelings not about getting them back yes I KNOW. But, what if I want her back? I totally understand your point about making her miss me, but is a suttle text so bad? Honestly, I'm not being smart here just trying to figure this out. Im telling you I get the NC thing so no need to explain that, BUT if I truly want her back shouldn't I just go for it and try to talk or something. ITs been NC for 9 days by the way.

Jan 16, 2008, 01:13 PM
    No amount of contact will bring your ex-girlfriend back. In fact it will only push her further away and reinforce her decision. One thing you need to learn is that if someone truly wants to be with you then that person will make the effort. Unfortunately sometimes the only way for someone to find out if they want to be with you is for that individual to spend time away from you--in essence they are getting the gift of missing you.

As a I mentioned in your previous post your ex-girlfriend clearly said she wanted space, now respect that and give it to her. Do you want to know what will happen if you contact her or try to get her something for Valentines Day... well let me enlighten you.

A while back I had a girlfriend who told me she wanted space in early January. If figured it was just a break for now and that she just needed space. I decided that I would give her space by backing off but at the same time I would stay in touch so she would know I hadn't given up on our relationship. So I chose to contact her once a week (through e-mail or in person) because like I said I didn't want her to think I had given up on the relationship. In fact, her birthday was in mid-January and I bought her a small gift. No real harm came and she was friendly and said the gift was sweet. Wow, I really thought that things were going to work out. Soon enough though she stopped answering my e-mails and every time I tried talking to her she would be very cold towards me and do her best to avoid conversation.

This made me extremely sad and I thought of ways to try and fix it. Lo and behold Valentines Day was upon us and I was thinking if I didn't do something she would think I no longer had feelings for her. So I went out and bought her some beautiful flowers with a nice vase, a small teddy bear, a box of chocolates, and had it all sent to her home. She e-mailed me that same day telling me the flowers were beautiful but that I shouldn't have done that. I thought things would be okay because in the e-mail it seemed like she sincerely like the flowers. But then when I finally saw her in person she was angry and seriously meant that I shouldn't have given her a gift. I backed off for a bit, then tried talking to her again, but no luck I only made her angrier and she hated me even more.

With due time I eventually realized that the relationship had been over the moment she uttered the words that she needed "space and time." Me contacting her only made things worse. Please realize that if there is any chance of things working out between you two in the future then you just need to be strong and not contact her. She needs to miss you if she is ever to come back. There is an old saying with several different variations but the underlying meaning is the same: If you truly love someone then set her free, if she comes back then it was meant to be.

Jan 16, 2008, 03:33 PM
    Thanks confused, I know that NC is probably the best advice. Hell, when I broke up with her she called a few times then backed off completely. I had my fun, did nothing stupid with rebounds or anythign along those lines just hung out with my buddies. One day, about a month and a half later, I could not stop thinking about her. I tried and I questioned myself and all that good stuff so I called and long story short we were back together. From the day we broke up, I haven't had any contact with her at all. 9 days now. She lives in the same freaking apt complex as me (on the other side). Its ridiculously hard but Im finally using my stubborn nature for something haha. Im not going to sit here and tell you how amazing our relationship was because we did have our ups and downs but we also loved each other. So I thought anyway. This breakup may be different because in the back of my mind I knew something had to happen or we were going to drive each other insane. So its for the best whichever way works out and I know that. Its just hard. Never been on this side before.

Jan 17, 2008, 12:04 PM
    It's all a learning experience, a painful one, but a learning experience nonetheless. Just take it one day at a time and keep yourself as busy as possible. Live your life and eventually since you both live in the same complex you will no doubt run into her. When that happens just stay relaxed ask her how she's doing, chat for a minute, then let her know that you have to get going but that it was really nice to see her.

I hope that she comes back to you and that the relationship is stronger because of this break. But remember, life doesn't work as it does in the movies, so don't sit around waiting around for something that may not happen. In the end that no one knows what the future holds, it's all a mystery, but that's what makes life so exciting.
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2008, 12:22 PM
    You know what you should do? Buy like a pint of ice cream and get the movie SHREK and just... pig out! Yeah.

I'm... so kidding by that.

I don't know about you guys, but I've lived in this city for the past... 8 years now and I just realized... I haven't been to any of the "tourist" attractions here. So... I made a plan. Once a month, I will visit a tourist attraction... whether it be by myself or with a few friends, I'm doing it.

Also, once a month, I will do something cultural. Go to a museum, an art gallery, whatever.

Once a month, I will go out to a bar. Granted, I'm in college and I should be getting pissed drunk every other night, but I have a relatively rough class load this semester and I really need to study... almost every waking hour (the hours I'm not on this forum).

Just like that, I covered 3 out of 4 weekends a month. The fourth weekend will be up for grabs.

Oh, and I'm still hitting the gym every day.

Jan 17, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Yeah I'm doing the same thing. Visiting new locations, such as restaurants and tourist attractions. It'll be a good way to spend the time, but what's even better is that by the end I'll know all the best places to take a girl to when I finally decide to start dating again. You just can't lose.
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Jan 17, 2008, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by confused25
    Yeah I'm doing the same thing. Visiting new locations, such as restaurants and tourist attractions. It'll be a good way to spend the time, but what's even better is that by the end I'll know all the best places to take a girl to when I finally decide to start dating again. You just can't lose.
    That's a great way to look at it, I might start doing that too, going to places where I live. But you when someone says they need space... usually NC is the only way to go. I know from experience as well that contacting them makes things worse.
    Ever heard the saying set them free, if they come back it was meant to be? Well live and enjoy your life, if it was meant to be it will be, if not your still enjoying your life.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Mar 18, 2008, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MLB33
    Funny how your heart literally hurts huh
    That IS funny isn't it? I think everyone who has ever been brave enough to put their heart out there has felt this pain. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. That being said, KNOW this. It will NOT go on forever. You WILL get over this if in deed this is the end. Maybe after a suitable amount of time, you could contact her just as a , "thinking of you and wanted to say hello" kind of thing. Are you okay with just having her in your life as a friend? Or, would that hurt too much. When is her birthday? Keep that date in mind and call her or send a card. Believe me, she will be touched.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 19, 2008, 07:12 AM
    MLB, hasn't been back since the 28th of Jan. so we have no updates .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Left groin & down the left leg pain, Hysterectomy didn't work [ 6 Answers ]

I had fibroids and cysts in my left ovaries. Since I had severe pain in the lower left stomach, groin and all the way down on my left leg. The pain is only prominent when I lie down. I am fine during the day, but when I lie down the pain is intense. It looks like one nerve or something. The Doctor...

Hanging a ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

How do I hang a ceiling fan from a cathederal ceiling?

Windows XP Pro Hanging up [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a problem with Windows hanging up at the shutdown screen after it has saved settings and is in the "Shutting Down" mode. Additionally the system seems to not want to start some programs when I launch them or freezes while they are loading or running. It is not consistent as to which...

Hanging drywall [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to hang drywall over wallpaper using only a liquid drywall adhesive. the studs are difficult to locate in our concrete/plaster mix as some walls are more than 3 inches thick. Thank you, hafanhaf

View more questions Search