Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

May 17, 2006, 01:08 PM
    Have you not admitted that you like the occult? I didn't say you were Satan. I'm not that extreme. I said how can you not be convicted if you are a born again Christian and you are delving into idolatry and witchcraft? The spirits these witches use are demonic spirits. Where, DRJ, are YOUR angels?. is the question.
    ;)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 17, 2006, 01:15 PM
    To all participants,

As this thread has gone so far off course from the original question I'm closing it.

Thank you.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2006, 01:22 PM
    Comment on 31pumpkin's post
    No, Im sorry... I didn't say anything about liking the occult, idolotry, or witchcraft. I said there are things that you may believe are that but only because you don't understand them... you have already judged them evil and will not hear otherwise.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2006, 01:22 PM
    Comment on Curlyben's post
    Nice new avatar!! Lol
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

May 17, 2006, 02:16 PM
    Comment on Curlyben's post
    Especially when people start accusing others of judging something I well understand!
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

May 17, 2006, 03:19 PM
    Comment on DrJ's post
    I agree that what you may think is Holy is not Holy to another. Romans talks about that
    cpalmist Posts: 137, Reputation: 32

Sep 10, 2007, 10:48 PM
    f
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisl
    Here are some scriptures to consider:

[
    Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in [a] the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. -- Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (NIV)

He sacrificed his own son in [a] the fire, practiced sorcery ("soothsaying" NKJV) and divination, and consulted mediums and spiritists. He did much evil in the eyes of the LORD, provoking him to anger. -- 2 Kings 21:6 (NIV)

"Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts ("sorcerers" NKJV), the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. -- Revelation 22:14-15 (NIV)
    I think the Bible's viewpoint is clear. The account in Acts shows that divination is linked to demon possession. Serious stuff.

===> oh, give me a frking break here - it's your viewpoint and that stupid book of Revelations which if it isn't Prophecy (it hasn't happened yet so its Prophecy or did you break your calendar? So Revelations is the book of Demons.

Stay clear of spiritism or divination in any form.
    Isn't worshipping God a form of Spirtism?
    Chris
    Here we are - by your defintions about, God is not The God but a poser - as 1) He sacrificed His Son, His Only Beloved Son, so that we might live. Dang. He killed his kid! That'd be sacrifice so God MUST dispise Himself in His own Eyes. Hey, your interpretation.

And: INDENT]Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in [a] the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. -- Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (NIV)[/INDENT]
    Them 3 Kings of Orient are came along playing electric guitars and following a star to Bethlehem - think they were acting on ancient prophesy and astrology and omens. Jesus himself did cast spells to command the weather (them boat trips during storms can be hazardous) to smooth the waves to keep the boat from capsizing. And Jesus commanded evil spirits in a man into a herd of pigs and cast a spell on the pigs to run over a cliff. It gets weirder. And we ourselves pray to dead guys and dead women (saints and angels)
    Ever day. We pray to Jesus (dead guy), Mother Mary (alleged but dead woman), Holy Ghost (and I guess the Holy Ghost being a Spirit, us talking to Him makes us Spiritualists) so we are well and truly screwed by the Bible's own definitions.
    And Revelations, the book of the Bible that everone loves to read as God is going to punish everone but me, what is that book if not prophecy? Where is the evidence?

So yes, I am a Christian, front and center and I take a lot of things on faith. However, I do do some critical thinking sometimes with the loaf that God gave me as He did give us Free Will and the Choice.

So I dive deep into the Occult - which is the study of the hidden, dumbass. Which is why peeples read the Bible over and over again to study the hidden meanings/nuances.

So what was that burning pillar thang and whatever else it was to lead the Israelites out of Egypt? Omens? Whut was that? And that Burning Bush thing? Omen? Sign? Miracle?

So I can pull little bits out of the Bible to "prove" stuff and so can you as I seen your work. I think the difference is that you spit it out by rote and really don't thnk about it and therefore are confining God into a pretty small place - especially when your references are all Old Testament (about God's Power to Smite and Bite) rather than the New Testament, which pretty much sets aside the Old Testament 'cepting the humorous stories, glorious poetry (them Psalms can be smutty but good stuff - that description of a perfect pair of boobies is just great!) and great history and a great working set of Laws for Living, while the New Testament is about Love and Forgiveness rather than the smiting and fighting.

Well, I ramble on here. I do tire of folk trying to put God into a corral when He is infinite (He invented it, I think) and trying to restrict Him (we can't even restrict them crazy Mexicans coming across our border) and that seems so wrong.

So I ask that before you start slinging your Bible to stun folk into submission, you investigate and think about what your religion is to your other than a long set of bits and pieces to flog people with.
    Toms777 Posts: 25, Reputation: 4
    -

Sep 13, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 31pumpkin
    Edit Curlyben: User has been warned about these and other comments in this thread.

Valinors sorrow:

Here is my answer for my disparaging comment -

Your whole post won't work b/c you are still promoting Spiritualism, regardless of it's roots. I don't care. Mediums are the work of hell. They worship all kinds of spirits. If they are not from the Holy Spirit of the living God, then they are evil. I don't care what kinds of healing they may offer. They are frauds & they prevent their members from finding the real Savior.

I'm not some kind of Christian Apologetic. All I can say is that I accept you. God gave freedom of choice to all & you have that right. I didn't say I was going to" kill" you for that!(that would be offensive) But I can't say "Peace Brother" either b/c you are not my Brother in Christ. Seems like you actually agree with mediums, etc. ?

I could never listen to it, but I accept the fact that people in this world may have different beliefs.

I just don't tie a lot of extra baggage unto mine.

We don't live by our feelings. The Holy Spirit controls our will.

They shall mount up with wings as eagles - Isaiah 40:31
    True Christian psychics work under the Spirit of God. Every true Christian knows that.

Tom
    Toms777 Posts: 25, Reputation: 4
    -

Sep 14, 2007, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    To all participants,

As this thread has gone so far off course from the original question I'm closing it.

Thank you.

An impressive display of personal power. Used for ending abuse. Well done.

Tom
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 12:36 PM
    How did this thread get opened again?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need Psychics analysis... [ 5 Answers ]

Born on 31.1.85 been with my fiancée (born 2.4.84) for nearly 4 yrs. Been trying for children for 2yrs. Just wanted to know if you can see us having children together. If any more information is required please let me know. Thank you.

I need help from psychics [ 1 Answers ]

I am really confused and I am so curious to know how my partner is thinking about me, I want to go deep inside him because he isnot good at expressing his feelings.. can any good psychic here help? My birthdate is 27 January 1974 and his is 31 December 1977.. is that enough info for psychic to tell...

View more questions Search