Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2015, 09:59 AM
    Make way for the Kerry Peace Prize . He at least should get a prize for twisting words like a pretzel . During a hearing at the Congressional Committee on Terrorism,non-proliferation and trade ;Kerry admitted he's heard the Mullahs chant "Death to America" in their Parliament . But, says JF Kerry ,he's not aware of any plan by the Mullahs to actually destroy America. Kerry said the threats “reflect an attitude and rhetorical excess, but I see no evidence that they have a policy that is implementing that against us at this point in time.”

Duh you idiot ! They won't be able to do that until they nuke up and get the suitable delivery system . You just guaranteed they can get that capacity in 8 years !

When Rep. Mo Brooks asked if terrorists supplied by Iran would try to kill Americans or Israelis, Kerry replied, “Well, they may. They may.
    But he doesn't think they mean it when they say "death to America".
    Under questioning from Fla Dem Alan Grayson ,Kerry admitted releasing sanctioned funds for Iran may increase Tehran-sponsored terrorism.
    He then said ;"We have no way to know. I presume in some places possibly, only in the sense that they are committed to certain things that we interpret as terrorism, they don’t, and we’re going to continue to conflict on those issues,

Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.)(formerly Congressman from the district I reside) listed many reasons for his deep “trepidation” about the deal.
    “Barely a week after the Iranian’s signed the deal with us there was the supreme leader, the ayatollah, chanting, ‘Death to Americans, death to Israel.’ You would think that after an agreement was signed with us there might be a modicum of goodwill that perhaps they would keep quiet for a week or two, or a month, but it went back to business as usual,”...“How can we trust Iran when this type of thing happens? It is very disconcerting.”
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 29, 2015, 11:23 AM
    This isn't a deal just between Iran and the US. Why does everybody not at least acknowledge that it's a deal between the P5+1? And who said anything about trusting Iran? I see this deal as a rope tied in a noose, and handing it to the Iranian hardliners and saying "Here, put this on!".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...esolution_1835

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.document...-deal-text.pdf

From

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/iran-a...210931530.html

Then

Tehran Celebrates Iran Nuclear Deal

Not all Iranians are chanting death to America, but of course the wingers only know about the militant ones. LOL, they have probably seen us the same way. The guy with the big stick doesn't have to holler about it, nor is he afraid of the ones that are hollering.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2015, 11:38 AM
    Not all Iranians are chanting death to America, but of course the wingers only know about the militant ones.
    Glad you've come around to regime change. How is this a noose ? They made no concessions and we gave away the store.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2015, 03:47 PM
    Marvellous how a small dose of reality doesn't go down well, you got a deal to end a deadlock it wasn't perhaps all you wanted but the alternative was a path to war
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2015, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Marvellous how a small dose of reality doesn't go down well, you got a deal to end a deadlock it wasn't perhaps all you wanted but the alternative was a path to war
    you really do have to learn the difference between a deal or treaty and a hudna ....A dishonest truce, made only to buy time, and broken at the first available opportunity.

Ironically ,the original hudna ,The Treaty of Hudaybiyyah was also a 10 year deal.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2015, 05:44 PM
    Tom I already said this might be a Chamberlain moment, however Iran is not as powerful as you suppose, but the sanctions have made them self sufficient which makes them dangerous in a minor or regional power sense power. I have no doubt they have considered what is arrayed against them and will bide their time but they are surrounded by nuclear powers and so would want to keep up. The whole point is not everyone has to bow to the will of the US or its puppet UN or NATO. Some nations have nuclear capabilty and have not proved a threat, in fact that security may have allowed them to progress in other ways. I think what you really have to be concerned about is those who could place massive forces on the ground and sustain themselves in the field. I don't think Iran has demonstrated this capability lately and you cannot equate the duplicitous dealings of the Arabs with the Persians

You also have to consider that this is a difficult proud people with a long history and you will not succeed unless you are prepared to bend a little. If your congress derails this deal you could be at war tomorrow, do you really want to fight another asian war?, in fact can you afford to fight another asian war? I say this becuase there will be those who would take advantage of such an engagement
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2015, 07:55 PM
    If your congress derails this deal
    The only thing this Congress is capable of is tripping over it's shoe-laces. They already voted away their constitutional authority on this deal .

do you really want to fight another asian war?,
    I submit that a state of war exists between the US and the 12ers and there has been since 1979. Now do I want war ? Nope never have. What this deal almost assuredly means is that there will be a bigger war in the future that will have consequences no one can afford .

Tom I already said this might be a Chamberlain moment,
    This deal is worse than Munich . Chamberlain implemented what was, at the time, was a mainstream theory of international relations.... that appeasing a dictatorship could limit its ultimate aims. At least Chamberlain did not pay Hitler a huge amount of money for signing the agreement. At least he did not finance Hitler's regime. At least he did concede to Hitler his blessing of regional hegemony . At least Chamberlain and Parliament did not adopt a suspect procedure enabling him to prevail against Parliament's majority will . At least he did not negotiate a time limited agreement and acknowledged it would put Germany in a position to prevail at the end of the agreement.
    Reagan walked away from a bad deal at the Reykjavik summit ,and came back later to sign a deal from a position of strength. The emperor and JF Kerry gave away the store because their ambitions would not let them walk away. There is no deal worse than a bad deal an this was the worse bad deal possible .
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2015, 09:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I submit that a state of war exists between the US and the 12ers and there has been since 1979.

Yes you seem to be in a continual hot or cold war with someone

This deal is worse than Munich . .
    I don't recall the Iranians threatening to invade anyone although their actions may have similar overtones to the Spanish civil war. It is unlikely they have territorial ambitions but I'm sure southern Iraq is tempting because of the religious relationship of the population, however they may be able to
    Take their revenge on the sunni without an invasion. I think we fail to realise what impacts a war has on attitudes of the future generations. The ruling class in Iran is old generation, desperately clinging to out of date ideas, we can expect change in the future. I didn't expect someone who shouted hatred for Isreal for years to change, that would be niaive, however it doesn't mean the next generation is of similar mind. The current generation knows little of the duplicity of the americans years ago so change is possible. You don't have Saddam to wage your proxy war now, so better move on.
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2015, 02:27 AM
    I don't recall the Iranians threatening to invade anyone
    Then you cvonveniently ignore their Qod force and their proxies Hezbollah ,Hamas ,Houthis etc . They have done nothing but threaten their neighbors since the revolution.
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2015, 03:48 AM
    I don't forget their proxies any more than I forget yours. Yes they have supported some very radical causes and I suspect they would be unlikely to do that if religion wasn't involved. I don't think we understand the depth of feeling between shiia and sunni, Iraq and Syria allowed it to chrystallise and burst into flame, something that may not have happened if you hadn't interferred. Many nations have highly trained forces, some of them use them to carry out assassinations, renditions and other covert incursions. In this world there is a certain reality which isn't exposed to the light very often
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2015, 04:21 AM
    I don't forget their proxies any more than I forget yours. Yes they have supported some very radical causes and I suspect they would be unlikely to do that if religion wasn't involved. I don't think we understand the depth of feeling between shiia and sunni, Iraq and Syria allowed it to chrystallise and burst into flame, something that may not have happened if you hadn't interferred. Many nations have highly trained forces, some of them use them to carry out assassinations, renditions and other covert incursions. In this world there is a certain reality which isn't exposed to the light very often
    That's right blame America. And you think it's a good idea to introduce a nuked up Iran into the mix .
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2015, 06:27 AM
    You are just paranoid, I didn't think it was a good idea to introduce a nuked up Pakistan or India into the mix. I have said before being a nuclear state may allow some of these paranoid societies to adjust, look what it did for you. Your problem is you don't want any rivals you can't dominate. Do You think that Iran has reason to be paranoid about the intentions of the US. You fellows really need to stop smoking that dope you do over there
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2015, 07:31 AM
    I didn't think it was a good idea to introduce a nuked up Pakistan or India into the mix.
    Yes but it happened . So you want even more proliferation ? Guessing your thrilled that the lunny Kim family has their equalizers . Tell me how that has moderated them ?
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2015, 03:00 PM
    Well they haven't started a war yet but seriously I'm not pleased however had they been given the same deal as Iran the outcomes might have been different.
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2015, 04:19 PM
    Well they haven't started a war yet but seriously I'm not pleased however had they been given the same deal as Iran the outcomes might have been different.
    ummm they were . sound familiar ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TcbU5jAavw
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2015, 04:54 PM
    What? We won't shoot at you if you don't shoot at us?
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2015, 04:24 AM
    The NORKS did the same dance the 12'ers are doing now . Guaranteed this agreement was violated by them before the ink dried . They played the emperor and JF Kerry for the fools they are . The emperor is an ego maniac who is desperate for a legacy ;and they knew Kerry would never walk out of the negotiations .

The other day ,in testimony before Congress they asked Kerry why this wasn't handled like the treaty that it is instead of an 'executive agreement'. Kerry replied it was because they knew that this cr@p sandwich would never pass as a treaty by normal constitutional means .
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 31, 2015, 04:40 AM
    Your whole basis for hollering ad calling names seems to be based on your conviction that they WILL cheat. Well let them!
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2015, 06:15 AM
    Yes Tal is right, give them some rope, don't tell me you aren't looking for an excuse for a war, but if you go down that road, it may cost you more than you can afford. I heard that monkey Trump say he was going to make america so strong no one would mess with it. What sort of message do you think that sends? To Iran it says increase your military, to NK it says the same, to Russia it says increase your nuclear capability, same to China. Not helpful, in fact, has he looked at the imbalance of military capability that already exists? But he will solve the unemployment problem and of course put you further in debt. Don't worry you will be spending funny money soon.

You fellows really have to learn you can't make statements that are for local consumption and expect the world not to listen. It is 24 hour news cycle in many parts of the world
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2015, 09:28 AM
    We should've walked away . Even Jacques Audibert,the senior diplomatic adviser to President Francois Hollande says that if Congress voted this deal down ;that a better one will be negotiated . The emperor and Kerry are fools . The emperor ruled out the military option and that is precisely why the Iranians dug in their heals and gave no concessions . And as I already stated ;Kerry was so concerned about securing his Nobel Peace Prize that he never was going to walk away ;no matter what concessions the Iranians got from us without reciprocal concessions .

This is a complete failure that our children will have to deal with .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to deal with 14 yr old? [ 4 Answers ]

My sister is 14 (just) and she's actually been like this for a while now, even before she hit her teens although it has escalated in the last year or so. At her old school, she actually got kicked out and sent to an alternative school at the age of 12 for violence (getting in fights, etc). She...

How to deal with someone like this? [ 1 Answers ]

Here we go may be a little long. First let me say what is good about the gf/bf. They are always respectful to your face, always treats you with utmost kindness, very loving and able to show affection, will defend you and not allow any unkind word to you. Willing to drop anything when you call. ...

How to deal with this [ 12 Answers ]

Recently, I had posted a "problem" regarding my fear of my husbands unknown death. He has not died, but I was afraid of that since I had recently quit my job and we had no life insurance. Well, since then I went to Florida to help take care of my mom whom has lung cancer. I was okay the first...

How do you deal with this? [ 23 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, If you have any kind of disability where it makes you look different and when going to a restaurant someone laughs or stares at you, what would you do? Now to make this situation even worse what if you had some teens taking a picture of you on their cell phone and laughing and...

View more questions Search