Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 12:43 PM
    I think cause it's a .pdf I need Adobe, so I am downloading it now
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Start was telling me about Go Advanced, then Manage Attatchments, then Browse, but the pics are too big. I went through the converter and I'm just toast!
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Yeah, we have limited space for pics. What I do is save my pics to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and then you can post them here.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Adobe is a good download to get anyway, that is where I viewed it... Still selling, just eating right now and of course my free minutes like to be with you folks!
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 12:59 PM
    How is the sale going?
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Very good. Davy is such a big help, and the boys ended up coming so Dustins mom is out there with her (she brought a whole trailer load last night)... Hell, I am using the money to do the kids rooms so what ever I get is fine with me... BUT the more the better...
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 01:55 PM
    I tend to use Webshots a lot, I'm always creating more albums over there. I'll put 'em there and send a link. I should be able to figure that out.

But - what's for sale. I didn't hear about a sale!
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Start is having a yard sale today.

The Photobucket will resize your pics so that you can post them here.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Let's see if this works...

Mixed Box pictures from alaska photos on webshots

Just a couple my brother sent for my birthday last month (I'm now officially 50)

Crossing my fingers... lol
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Yay, that's better. My birthday was last week, I am officially 43. LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I wish I had all my pics on my computer. I have one of me on Portage Glacier in the winter... Climbing the mountain at Beluga Point... Camping at Montana Creek...

Oh, yeah, and who can forget the Bluegrass Festival or the Moose Dropping Festival.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 02:36 PM
    What about the Trapper's Ball or the Miner's ball. Duct tape dresses and tux's... so cool. I wonder Cap'n what they had in Homer? Bingo LOl
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 02:46 PM
    I always loved the celebration at the Summer Solstice. When the sun just dips behind the mountain.

LOL, the camping trip I went on with the bears...

We were at camp, must have been 20 of us all out in the wilderness, no one around but us friends. Most of the folks went to Talkeetna to get some beer and other staples.

There was me, my husband our friend Kim, and Jeremy... about 6 dogs. Oh, yeah, and I was 4 months pregnant. Well, we saw the mommy bear and her cubs. Jeremy freaks and climbs in his truck with ALL the dogs... Kim jumps in her truck.

Guess where the guns were? With Jeremy and the dogs locked in the truck. Hubby had his side arm on, but I was worthless.

HOWEVER, (emphasis on however) we did have bottle rockets!! So my pudgy little pregnant self climbed in the back of the truck and started shooting bottle rockets at a dang grizzly bear!!

The story does not end there.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Hahahahahahhah!
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Believe me, the 4th of July here is ALWAYS a reminder. John won't let me forget. LMAO

But, in my defense... I wasn't the MAN who was afraid and locked myself in a truck with guns and dogs!! I actively tried to get the bears out of camp.

As I said the story does not end...

Later that night, still day time cause it was June, everyone was trying to get some sleep, and my hubby woke for some odd reason. He looked across the firepit at Kim & Greg's tent, who comes strolling up but mama and her cubs. All we could see above the NorthFace tent was a neon sign DINER!!

We yelled at Kim and Greg and they came running out. Greg was trying to put his pants on. Well, guess what, they weren't pants. It was a RED FLANNEL TURTLENECK!!

I have a picture of that somewhere.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    What about the Trapper's Ball or the Miner's ball. Duct tape dresses and tux's....so cool. I wonder Cap'n what they had in Homer? Bingo LOl
    Bingo and bowling. Lol
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    RED FLANNEL TURTLENECK!!!!!

I have a picture of that somewhere.
    That's gettin' caught!
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 03:04 PM
    FYI, I'm moving this post to Member discussions. Since we are members and we are discussing.

Okay, I am going nuts. What's the bird with the colors on the head? Got them down in Homer.

Brain Fart!
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 03:31 PM
    All I can think of are Mallards...
    Bowling.. Love it. You sure have some fun stories J, keep them coming! Thanks for moving this, great idea... I bet there are lot's of members out there from AK or at least lived there for a bit...
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 03:33 PM
    PUFFINS!! That's it. I saw a lot down there in Homer I believe it was.

Oh, the stories I could tell... LMAO
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    PUFFINS!!! That's it. I saw a lot down there in Homer I believe it was.

Oh, the stories I could tell...... LMAO
    Yes, there's actually a rock across Kachemak Bay called, oddly enough, Puffin Rock. You can approach in a small boat and not spook 'em, but you got to check the wind direction! Lol
    And at least when I was there bowling was big. We had a whopping four lane alley!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil Drilling in Alaska [ 18 Answers ]

What are the pros and cons of drilling oil in Alaska? Should we or shouldn't we?

Can we cruise Alaska [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has a felony. We would like to cruise to Alaska but, are not sure if we can get into Canada to board the cruise ship and even just in cruising we would be in Canadian territory so, do you know if we can even go on an Alaskian cruise?

Alaska cruise balcony or not? [ 3 Answers ]

We are planning a cruise to alaska for our family including my mother in law, her first cruise. Is it worth the extra money to have a stateroom with a balcony, or is an oceanview better for the cost. We have cruised before, but never with a balcony room before. Any input on the alaskan cruise...

Leasing cottage in Alaska [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Alaska and recently engaged in a 8-month lease. The dwelling is a cottage that is rented on a nightly rental at 220.00 through the summer then starting in late Sept. becomes a winter rental at 750.00 a month all utilities included. When speaking to the land owner he said that the unit...

View more questions Search