Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    ... which of course leads to the question why don't we want gays to have that same happiness and starts this circle all over again.
    Well that is EASY.. because we are intolerant. Speech don't you know that by now?. all Christians are intolerant, small minded, evil beings. AND we have no sense of humor either. I don't even know why we are here.. why ARE we here. Maybe I will start that thread. LOL
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2008, 03:59 PM
    Omg lol ? Lol!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 11, 2008, 03:59 PM

Actually--doesn't the Bible make provision for polygamy?

I mean, if Jacob could have 2 wives, why can't Steve have one husband?

I don't have a problem, by the way, with people who want to have multiple wives/husbands----as long as the rules are the same as any other marriage: CONSENTING and ADULTS being the main two rules.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Well that is EASY..because we are intolerant. Speech don't you know that by now?...all Christians are intolerant, small minded, evil beings. AND we have no sense of humor either. I don't even know why we are here..why ARE we here. Maybe i will start that thread. LOL
    Of course I know that by now, I've been reminded soooo many times. At least we're not as angry as liberals :D
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Of course I know that by now, I've been reminded soooo many times. At least we're not as angry as liberals :D
    Liberals aren't christians?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Hello NK:

Not REAL Christians.

excon
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 04:46 PM
    That's not for me to say. I just said liberals, Christian, atheist, agnostic whatever. They do seem to be an awfully angry bunch but perhaps the combination of Bush leaving and The One taking over can heal them of their anger. ;)
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Nov 11, 2008, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Actually--doesn't the Bible make provision for polygamy?

I mean, if Jacob could have 2 wives, why can't Steve have one husband?

I don't have a problem, by the way, with people who want to have multiple wives/husbands----as long as the rules are the same as any other marriage: CONSENTING and ADULTS being the main two rules.
    I love it; Adam, Eve and Jane? Speaking of things in and not in the bible; just exactly where did Cain and Abel get their wives? Sisters? :eek:
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasParent View Post
    I love it; Adam, Eve and Jane? Speaking of things in and not in the bible; just exactly where did Cain and Abel get their wives? Sisters? :eek:
    It's the only thing that makes sense and you got to start somewhere ;)
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2008, 05:19 PM
    That's not for me to say. I just said liberals, Christian, atheist, agnostic whatever. They do seem to be an awfully angry bunch but perhaps the combination of Bush leaving and The One taking over can heal them of their anger. ;)
    Haven't you noticed that it isn't the liberals starting the angry threads here?
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Haven't you noticed that it isn't the liberals starting the angry threads here?
    Yes speech, haven't you noticed?. geesh I got to teach you everything!. the LIBERALS are kind, understanding, sensitive, caring, loving and just plain adorable.. I mean you want to just reach out and squeeze their little cheeks. Their topics are just informative... they are NEVER angry and this is a big one... THEY ARE ALWAYS politically correct.. well dog on it.. lets' just call a spade a spade.. they are always CORRECT... period. :rolleyes:
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2008, 05:44 PM

You're a weird one indeed.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 05:50 PM

NK,

It is called SARCASM!

Speech, we may be ONE up on them... they appear not to be too bright.

Sorry ex... I am off the topic.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Cappy:

Because gay people are an abomination. They're damned to hell and not worthy of equal rights, happiness, or ANY Christianlike attitudes. Besides, this IS a Christian country.

There, Christians. I answered for you.

excon
    UGH... you didn't answer for me. I just read this fyi... homosexual activity is a sin... not because I said so but because GOD did. What you don't understand ex.. is that ALL of us NOT just Gay people are NOT worthy of anything and we are ALL born damned to hell.I didn't say that... GOD did. So do me a great big favor and quit acting like Christians somehow THINK we are better because we are NOT. You do NOT understand Christians... you THINK you do but you don't. Don't answer for me and I won't answer for YOU.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Michaleb,

I guess then you would defend one of those creepy men in a mormon cult that have 15 wives and some of them pretty darn young. So they should be free to legally marry as many woman as they like? They have their rights too???

If all of the wives are over 18 and consent to the marriage, sure, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by passmeby
    Obviously, if you're attracted to the same sex, you can't reproduce, and therefore, in the natural world, you are useless.
    Huh. So gays are all sterile? I just learn sumpthin' new e'ryday...
    margog85 Posts: 241, Reputation: 19

Nov 11, 2008, 08:40 PM

Lol about all of us homos bein' sterile...

That really made me laugh out loud.

Thank you.

:)
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 08:58 PM

I just don't understand how people can be so cruel. Take away the religion and politics…what you have left are people…living, breathing people. Who cares if they are gay, straight, etc. People don't wake up one day and decide “hum, I think I'm going to be gay!” They are born this way. Therefore, their rights should not be denied. If a gay couple wants to take their relationship to the next level and get hitched, they should be able to. If they want to start a family, they should have that freedom. Let's get out of the Stone Age people. If God's so good then why can't he love everybody despite their differences? Yes, gay is a difference, not a flaw, not a sin.
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Nov 12, 2008, 02:09 AM
    Huh. So gays are all sterile? I just learn sumpthin' new e'ryday... [/QUOTE]

OK, where did I say all gays are sterile? I guess I have to put this into simpler terms for those who don't get it. OK... a gay person is attracted to another person of the same sex. Two people of the same sex can't conceive a child together. Clear? Every living things purpose is to reproduce, name one living thing that doesn't (besides gays and people with fertility issues). Therefore I believe being gay is a flaw as it interferes with the proliferation of our species.
    kraussnumber2 Posts: 105, Reputation: 10

Nov 12, 2008, 03:31 AM

wow! You started a big discussion!
    I just wanted to put my two cents in that I don't think there is anything wrong with two gays getting married. I can see where the church would not want to be a part of it... however the church marries alcoholics, pedophiles, and adulterers... so I think the church should allow gay marriage and love them the say way they love the drug abusers and murderers. Homosexuality is a sin... that can't be contested in a christian setting but we all sin and no one sin is worse then another. Just so everyone knows... I am very happy in a heterosexual marriage. I think that being gay is a sin and is wrong but I also think it is wrong to compulsively work and make work your idol... or to do drugs, drink, cheat, lie, steal, kill, etc!
    If the time ever comes for a vote on gay marriage in my area I will definitely vote to legalize it... my religious views should not be imposed on anyone... that is why we live in America!! And that is why my husband fights 6000 miles away from me for years to ensure that we all have the freedom to practice whatever religion or even bad mouth the people fighting for us... I agree with the people who said that marriage should be a state thing in the sense of legal marriage and if you want a godly union then you can do that separately through your church or temple or synagoge or where ever you worship. I feel like someone is going to challenge me on this but I can take it! Im opinionated but respectful.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 04:38 AM

kraussnumber2
    Thank you and your husband for you do for the country. I have been the one advocating the complete separation of the civil laws and religious ceremony. I think it would be the solution for the issue respecting magog85's well stated counterpost. I'll agree to disagree on the specifics.

My own view is that this will not get settled on a state by state basis. As I pointed out to Excon his objection of the separate but equal 14th amendment Brown v Board of Ed decision historically only applies when it is proven that separate but equal cannot be achieved. Also in play as everyone is mentioning is the 1st amendment " separations ".

But the biggest reason this will have to be settled federally is because of the 'full faith and credit " clause in the constitution[Article IV, Section 1] that says states have to respect the "public acts, records, and judicial rulings" of other states.As Justice Scalia argued in his dissent of Lawrence V Texas once one state permitted 'gay marriage' the "full faith and credit "clause arguably mandates that all states recognize the contract. NYState has taken that interpretation . We do not have gay marriages but the Governor recognizes ones that were performed out of state.

So because of issues of the full faith and credit clause,the 1st and 14th amendments ; the question of gay marriage will need to be settled nationally ;either by SCOTUS decision or constitutional amendment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sex before marriage [ 91 Answers ]

From what I've heard, you won't go to heaven if you have sex before marriage. My friend and her boyfriend are really close, and she has told me she might have sex with him. They are sixteen, and I'm not sure what to tell her. She also asked me this: "if i have sex with him, will i go to hell?" ...

Love marriage or arrange marriage? [ 6 Answers ]

I have boyfriend but my parents want that I will do marriage with a boy of their choice.I really love my Boyfriend and he also love me. What should I do?

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

My marriage [ 13 Answers ]

I am new to this. Ive never come on line to ask for advice, but I feel I have no where else to go. A brief summary. My husband and I have been married for 4 years now. We dated for another 3 years before we got married. Im 29 and he is 31. All started nice and sweet, I mean sometimes its still...

Marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, How does the Catholic church view marriage between a Catholic and Baptist? Thank you for your response to my question yesterday.

View more questions Search