Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 5, 2013, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Don't blame your wanting to murder someone on rednecks and Republicans, you gotta own that one.
    Maybe it's genes from my German ancestors who were farmers and Lutheran pastors.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2013, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Maybe it's genes from my German ancestors who were farmers and Lutheran pastors.
    No, you got to own that comment.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 5, 2013, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    No, you gotta own that comment.
    But she was so annoying! It's her fault. She made me want to do it!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 5, 2013, 01:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Chi-town cops ... don't call us .
    Also, Chicago will be focusing on time-tested “softer” approaches to youth violence, including connecting isolated young people with adult mentors, treating violence as a public health problem, offering new jobs programs for unemployed teens, and coordinating resources for at-risk kids in schools. Basketball has become a way to get gangs to meet and greet and cooperate and socialize.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2013, 02:28 PM
    Good luck with that . You should really consider Stop and Frisk. NYC with a much bigger population has fewer murders . And before anyone who supports violations of the 2nd amendment gets on a soap box about 4th amendment violations ;stop and frisk has already been adjudicated in SCOTUS. (Terry v. Ohio)
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2013, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    But she was so annoying! It's her fault. She made me wanna do it!
    You're just digging the hole deeper.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 5, 2013, 03:40 PM
    good luck with that . You should really consider Stop and Frisk. NYC with a much bigger population has fewer murders . And before anyone who supports violations of the 2nd amendment gets on a soap box about 4th amendment violations ;stop and frisk has already been adjudicated in SCOTUS. (Terry v. Ohio)
    Its approval is very limited. So how does it stop anything? Is it just the thought they can be found out that is holding the perps at bay ?
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2013, 04:45 PM
    Yes ,it's approval is indeed limited ,but successful.

There was a 19% decrease in the number of murders last year.
    NYC has had 414 murders so far in 2012, down 18.5%, NYPD credits

The use went down as the murder rate dropped.

I think it's the deterrence that makes a difference. Critics argue that it disproportionately targets minorities and minority communities. That may be true. But 2 factors should be considered . The 1st is that these areas are the high crime areas. Also it is the minority communities that are more often the victims of these murders. 90 percent of the persons murdered in New York are black or Hispanic young men, those are the people whose lives are being saved .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2013, 05:48 PM
    Hello again,

Why mess around with stop and frisk? I'd go full on police state.. That'll stop crime.. They're BOTH against the 4th Amendment, but if you're going to VIOLATE it, you might as well be EFFECTIVE..

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2013, 06:06 PM
    From the one that accepts violations of the 2nd .Gee why not go all out and ban all guns... That would be much more effective .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 5, 2013, 06:11 PM
    from the one that accepts violations of the 2nd .Gee why not go all out and ban all guns... That would be much more effective .
    Finally! You see things my way!!
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2013, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

Why mess around with stop and frisk?? I'd go full on police state.. That'll stop crime.. They're BOTH against the 4th Amendment, but if you're gonna VIOLATE it, you might as well be EFFECTIVE..

excon
    Not going to work.. not without a full on armed rebellion (that's WHY we have a 2nd amendment for in the first place). And not even most of the lefties are going to back that when the realize they aren't exempted from it.
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2013, 04:05 AM
    How many rounds would a merchant need to deter this ?
    Flash Mob Mayhem: Violent Groups Of Teens Leave Neighborhoods Worried « CBS New York
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2013, 04:42 AM
    One man with an ozizi should be enough as long as he is prepared to stand trial for multiple cases of premeditated murder. You see Tom there is self defense and there there is something else, probably one shot fired in the air is enough to stop it in its tracks but if one offender has a gun...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2013, 05:18 AM
    how many rounds would a merchant need to deter this ?
    Flash Mob Mayhem: Violent Groups Of Teens Leave Neighborhoods Worried « CBS New York
    Makes me very thankful for where I live.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2013, 05:39 AM
    I agree karma we should be thankfull for such mercies
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2013, 05:50 AM
    Unfortunately their problem won't be solved by more guns or less guns.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2013, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    one man with an ozizi should be enough as long as he is prepared to stand trial for multiple cases of premeditated murder. You see Tom there is self defense and there there is something else, probably one shot fired in the air is enough to stop it in its tracks but if one offender has a gun......
    That wouldn't be premeditated murder... that would be self defense... HUGE difference between the two.

Very few places does the attacker HAVE to even have a weapon before you can use deadly force to protect yourself or property.
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Feb 6, 2013, 06:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    That wouldn't be premeditated murder...that would be self defense....HUGE difference between the two.
    Have you intentionally left something out of the sentence? Is there something that doesn't need to be included in this sentence?

Ellipsis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2013, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Unfortunately their problem won't be solved by more guns or less guns.
    And what will solve all the problems in Canada?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gun Control... it didn't take long [ 1292 Answers ]

I won't go into hysterics that Obama is going to take away our guns. Just one question. If the US backs a UN Treaty to restrict small arms ,what is the law of the land ? The treaty ,or the Constitution of the land... specifically the 2nd Amendment ? After Obama win, U.S. backs new U.N....

Gun control. My thoughts. Just shoot me now. This thread won't end well. [ 332 Answers ]

Okay, I do have thoughts on gun control, and I promised to start a thread where we could discuss guns, and peoples thoughts on guns. But I didn't start the thread about the Connecticut massacre to discuss gun control. That was about the families and their loss. So, to keep that Connecticut...

Gun control by fiat? [ 17 Answers ]

Who needs a congress? King Obama is reportedly working on gun control "under the radar" by way of executive order or regulatory means. WaPo did a story on White House gun control czar Steve Crowley which had this little tidbit that just almost escaped notice. I'm sure that is "under the...

Gun Control [ 29 Answers ]

Hello: The killer we've been talking about was subdued AFTER he emptied his magazine and before he could insert another. He was using 30 round clips. THOSE clips were illegal under the Assault Weapons Ban that EXPIRED under Bush and was not reinstated. If it HAD been reinstated, the killer...

Gun control and socialized medicine in Europe [ 1 Answers ]

Are any countries in Europe that do not have either gun control laws or socialized medicine? I know they're very "europe-y" things to do, but I don't know if the EU requires them, or if a bunch of countries just decided to institute them. (I know the exact polices vary a bit, so I'm guessing it's...

View more questions Search