Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by miss nafarious
    shew, i don't feel so bad now. i have been trying to quit for 3 months now. i don't think i am doing too bad actually. i only have one when i go out for drinks (which is probably about every 2/3 weeks). i said before i have been smoking hubbly at home. but now that i have been advised how bad that is too, i will be knocking that out!
    i also agree that you can't do it cold turkey! cutting down each week is the way forward!
    good luck guys!!
    Welcome aboard to our happy tree :) we have three smoking quiters and a take away food quiter and a caffine quiter so there's a few of us to help you along ;)

Be strong and don't be afraid to ask for help we are here to support each other

Hugs
    Laura x
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

Jan 25, 2007, 06:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by miss nafarious
    shew, i don't feel so bad now. i have been trying to quit for 3 months now. i don't think i am doing too bad actually. i only have one when i go out for drinks (which is probably about every 2/3 weeks). i said before i have been smoking hubbly at home. but now that i have been advised how bad that is too, i will be knocking that out!
    i also agree that you can't do it cold turkey! cutting down each week is the way forward!
    good luck guys!!

Good luck to you. As we say in our Irish/German catholic family, there is always room for one more on the top branch.
    I used to watch to the manor born, faulty towers, Yes minister, butterflies are free. But I haven't had time these days to watch them.
    By the way, I got pulled over by the police yesterday for tailgaiting a coca cola delivery truck. When I explained to the policeman why, He got a good laugh and let me off with a warning.
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Morning Chippers, the cop should have been greatfull you were'nt stood there licking and sniffing the lorry giggle
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 25, 2007, 07:20 AM
    I miss "Monty Python's Flying Circus", "Red Dwarf", and the "Young Ones".

Alas, I no longer have cable.

I have to make do with horrible American shows.

On the bright side of that, it's only 13 days until the new Lost!

Jan 25, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Trust me, it took a lot of restraint from begging the truck drive to follow me to my house and set up a soda machine on my front porch.

Good morning fellow goddesses. Syn, Im waiting for new episodes of Ugly betty and Close to home. I'm still drooling over David James Elliot formerly from Jag. Have you ever seen him in those white uniform pants leaning over a desk?? Be still my frantic beatng heart. So for nowI settle for merrkat manor and their soap opera drama.
    CBW you should be proud of yourself for what you've started. Your thread is close to the 1000 post mark. Plus you've got a lot of people motivated about quitting smoking, eatting fast foods, and lowering their caffeine intake. Maybe we all should take it one the road as motivaional speaks. I hear they clean up in appearance fees.

If you haven't noticed, we talk more about us rather than how many days we haven't indulged in our vices. Cudoes to you CBW and thank you from the bottom of my decaffinetated heart.
    Expert

Jan 25, 2007, 07:42 AM
    LOL... the only TV I've watched in the last few years is Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Lost and CSI, and CSI is only if that's what the hubby has on when I'm doing something in the living room.

I'm not much of a TV person in general. I'd rather be on the computer or reading a book.
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2007, 07:48 AM
    You know what Chippers I've never been so glad I did something I've gained some super friends and your all very inspiring and I thank you all for being there and keeping me company your all extreamly special xxxx

Jan 25, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    LOL...the only TV I've watched in the last few years is Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Lost and CSI, and CSI is only if that's what the hubby has on when I'm doing something in the living room.

I'm not much of a TV person in general. I'd rather be on the computer or reading a book.
    I usually keep the TV on because I hate total silence. I only watch a couple of shows anyway.
    I've been more into putting a book together about who I am. As a way to get to know who I am. I use pictures frommagazines and draw a few as well. It gives me pleasure to do that and I remember things I haven't thought of in a long while. Plus the boys will have as a legacy later on.
    I also keep a journal where I write when I'm troubled about something. I've noticed once I've written in it I feel better. I've also noticed that I haven't gone back to read what I wrote and those are under lock and key so no one can read them. Soon I'm going to have enough for a bon fire. We could have when the laundry ride officially opens.
    Expert

Jan 25, 2007, 08:02 AM
    I don't like the idea of destroying the written word, really. Someone, somewhere, could probably benefit from your words!

I, too, write when I'm upset. I try to write other times, too, but if I'm not upset I find myself too busy to sit down with a pen. Writing is a focus for me, to get past that brain-stop that happens when I'm upset.

CBW... you are the best for starting this. I've made some excellent friends, I've learned a lot, and best of all--I haven't smoked a single cigarette.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2007, 08:41 AM
    Good Morning everyone.

Anyone want to know why I am smiling? Hmm

Cause I am so grateful and blessed to be a part of this with all of you.

You guys are the absolute best!! Thank you CBW :)

Hugs to all. Want a cig, need a cig, wish I had a cig, buuuuuuuut I would much rather
    Be on the top branch with all of you. Fear of heights and all :)
    And there is plenty, plenty, plenty of room on the branch for Nafarious (boy typing that name will sure keep my hands busy and a cig out of my hands :)

Special hugs to the Honorary Members of the Top Branch Club ;) Joe, CurlyBen (and that special merger finger) Harley and Cap.

J_9, still praying for you girl.

By the way, guess what I am doing this weekend. Oh yes I am, I am going to practice with my laundry basket sliding down my stairs. Oh trust me I am. Hubby is resting his belly this weekend from the beer, (his belly takes a beating from it) so he should be oh so pleasant LOL, so to living things up, Allheart will be taking a good ride down the stairs :)

Many hugs to all of you. Darn proud of each of you.

Lots of love being sent.
    Expert

Jan 25, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Now I wish I HAD stairs.

Allheart, can I come visit? ;)

Actually, I'll be working overtime this weekend... ugh.

J_9 you've been in my thoughts all morning. Pop in and tell us how you and your little guy are doing, okay?
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2007, 09:41 AM
    You sure can :) Me stairs are your stairs :D

Hugs
    Expert

Jan 25, 2007, 09:47 AM
    Actually... I might make my husband go sledding with me on Sunday. There's enough snow for it now, anyway.

Instead of baskets down the stairs, I mean

Jan 25, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Good Morning everyone.

Anyone want to know why I am smiling?? hmm

Cause I am so grateful and blessed to be a part of this with all of you.

You guys are the absolute best!!!! Thankyou CBW :)

Hugs to all. Want a cig, need a cig, wish I had a cig, buuuuuuuut I would much rather
    be on the top branch with all of you. Fear of heights and all :)
    And there is plenty, plenty, plenty of room on the branch for Nafarious (boy typing that name will sure keep my hands busy and a cig out of my hands :)

Special hugs to the Honorary Members of the Top Branch Club ;) Joe, CurlyBen (and that special merger finger) Harley and Cap.

J_9, still praying for ya girl.

By the way, guess what I am doing this weekend. Oh yes I am, I am going to practice with my laundry basket sliding down my stairs. Oh trust me I am. Hubby is resting his belly this weekend from the beer, (his belly takes a beating from it) so he should be oh so pleasant LOL, so to livin things up, Allheart will be taking a good ride down the stairs :)

Many hugs to all of you. Darn proud of each of you.

Lots of love being sent.

Allheart just start with the bunny stairs till you get used to it. I don't want to meet you for first time with everypart of your body intraction. As for sleding Syn, were expecting snow tonight. The kids have been talking non stop about it.
    As for the book burning thingy, I understand your point. But for me its liberating. Sort of like walking through the door to a new outlook on life. I do have one that maybe someone could benefit from.. the ones marked for burning no one should read. Its where I put the bad stuff to rest in peace. In the one not marked for burning I've written about my new friends here,errrrrrrrrr GODDESSES.
    I call it celebrating your inner goddess.
    Expert

Jan 25, 2007, 10:03 AM
    That's awesome!

I understand about liberating. I guess I can't blame you for destroying all that negative emotion. It just pains me to see "books" burned!

You can HAVE my snow. We didn't get it until after xmas, and now it won't go away!

Jan 25, 2007, 10:12 AM
    It pains me too see books burned as anact of censorship, what I'm doing is more of a therapeutic exercise.
    Thank you for your generous offer, but what I'm getting this afternoon and tonight is quite enough. I'd hate to be too greedy. I have to let others have their fair share.:p
    Expert

Jan 25, 2007, 10:16 AM
    LOL... I think the people in TX and NM and AZ are getting MORE than their fair share this year! And honestly, we really need it. We're kind of low on precipitation for the last couple years, and if we don't start getting more rain/snow, we'll have a mess with the farmers.

It's good that you're not selfish, though ;)

I have to recommend here, since it's my new munchie... Quaker Rice Snacks. They're bite sized, like crackers, only 70 calories per serving! No fat, only 15 g of carbs!

Jan 25, 2007, 10:28 AM
    I've tried the caramel ones. And I really like them. Have you tried the 100 cal. snack pack lorna doones. I can't get enough of them 100 cals and 3 grams of fat. And pretzel minis are great to snack on.

This weather is killing my skin. I have electric heat and even with a humidifier it's still irritated. I love spring and fall here in New Jersey because I don't need the heat or the a/c which is just as bad. Benefit cosmetics make a moiturizer called Dr. John and it seems to help it. For a little while. It draws moisture to the skin and Its soothing.
    Expert

Jan 25, 2007, 10:38 AM
    I'm a baby lotion sort of girl. I don't usually wear makeup unless I'm performing or we're expecting clients to actually come to our office!

I'm looking forward to summer this year soooooo much. After 5 Texas summers, a Minnesota summer is going to be soooo mild that I can leave the windows open all summer! Yay! No AC!

I haven't tried the Lorna Doone's. One of the ladies here at work brought in the ranch Quaker thingies, and now I'm addicted to the apple cinnamon ones. Mmmmm... glad it's almost lunch time. I'm hongry!

Jan 25, 2007, 10:44 AM
    I hear you. I love the windows open and no a/c or heat. The windows wide open and the breeze coming through. It'll be better this summer cause were planting roses and lilacs bushes. It'll save money on airfreshners.:)
    Have a nice lunch I'll chat with everyone later.

Luv to all

Chippers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Quitting smoking [ 11 Answers ]

Time to share all of your tips and techniques. I am a 19 year addict and my husband is a 10 year addict. We both are quitting together, cold turkey. Any suggestions?? Hypatia:confused:

Smoking [ 21 Answers ]

Is smoking dope every day bad for you? More bad than smoking cigarettes?

Smoking and dancing [ 14 Answers ]

This is sort of a similar question to the one I asked about wine and spirits. I know that there are some churches that prohibit smoking and dancing (not necessarily both at the same time lol). So my question is, as before, where do these beliefs come from? Dancing is mentioned lots of times in the...

Tower-Smoking [ 3 Answers ]

I smoke a lot when I'm using my PC. I know it's bad for both of us. I do have a home smoke filter next to it. My question is, can I use something(what?) in the air intake of my computer without compromising the cooling factor too much. Might it be possible to put an extremely lightly oiled...

View more questions Search