startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 09:57 AM
    I Love Firmy!
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by templelane
    Yeah I worked from a photo! I love the fast drying of acrylics, I also like how fresh the colours are. Although sometimes I wish I could get the depth that can be achieved with oils, acylics sometimes seem a bit flat and pop arty.

Do you have any acylics up? I had a look but I only found your necklace (very nice by the way) I got a bit behind on the thread for a bit and forgot where I stopped reading.

I might post some more stuff if I locate pictures, I don't own a most of my stuff and seem to have had poor record keeping!

I would like to second the Firmbeliever thread starter appreciation!
    I do have some acrylics posted. Goodness, can't remember for sure which ones. I have an Ostrich Egg posted, an acrylic painting of my son-in-law's dog, Zoe, a Bernese Mt. Dog. and some dipper gourd vases Imade, a Thumb Piano, etc. Most of what I have posted are my pencils. Penicls seem to be my niche! Glad you liked the potato necklace. It was fun but time consuming.

Hopefully will see you on the thread later tonight? Miles to go before I sleep! LOL
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Oct 26, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Omg you guys got me hyped up somehow ^.^ I want to paint now so bad!! Unfortunately all I have is a sketch pad and nothing to paint on T.T... makes me sad! Guess I could draw though huh ^.^ oh hey is anyone here a fan of Amy Brown or Jessica Galbert?

Oct 26, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Okay serious question! Does anyone know anything about painting china? I collect chinese and japanese teasets (Two very nice ones are in my collection so far). Does anyone know if there are kits or anything that come with the china and some paints so that you can paint your own sets? Here's an example (This is my gaisha wear set! I love this thing)

Name:  Photo 26.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  88.9 KB
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 12:40 PM
    http://www.potterypainting.co.uk/
    fun2make: great craft gifts, low prices

Jess, try these links.

Oct 26, 2007, 12:46 PM
    All of those were more kiddy stuff... and it didn't tell what kind of paints to use. I make a lot of pottery myself but I normally glaze cause the only paints my teacher said you could use to paint glazed or unglazed pottery was acrylic... but it peels off already glazed pottery. If you don't glaze it and paint then it takes forever if the surface of the pot is not completely smooth. Besides I don't think I could make anything with porcelian myself :/ I am just so used to working with earth clay... I've heard porcelian is much softer and harder to work with...
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 12:47 PM
    PAINTS &

Porcelain painting

Oct 26, 2007, 12:52 PM
    These are great! Thanks so much! You know I just looked around my room at all my artistic hobbies and I'm wondering if I don't have to many XD
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 26, 2007, 11:11 PM
    here's one that I did that is inspired by mcr's black parade album (one of the best bands eva :)
    and here's just a random page out of my sketchbook :)
    like to see more of you guys stuff, you all so talented :)
    Attached Images

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 11:14 PM
    Hi, Sean!

Great and interesting stuff as usual!

Are you okay?

Craig

Oct 26, 2007, 11:16 PM
    Uummmm I guess I'm okay, I'm not great, but I'm all right I guess.
    Thanks for caring :)
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 11:23 PM
    Does doing art help you to work out things that concern you in life?

Oct 26, 2007, 11:25 PM
    Kind of, it can be good just to put the feelings onto paper at times, and it is relaxing.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 11:29 PM
    I can remember when I was your age and younger, I would shut all the doors that I could to the big room where our electric organ was and just wail away with improvising on chords to express myself how I felt about things. I would make myself cry. It was a great tension reliever!

Oct 26, 2007, 11:41 PM
    I do the same thing in that I sit down and will look straight ahead and my fingers will just go across my keyboard and produce poetry to let out my feelings. "The Mask" is just about the most hate filled poem I have ever written, I let it out when I was just really really mad at school.
    erlobenauer Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Oct 26, 2007, 11:45 PM
    Just wanted to say hi to everyone - I'll step back in when I have a little more time to actually catch up and read. Hope everyone is doing OK!

Erica
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2007, 12:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by erlobenauer
    just wanted to say hi to everyone - I'll step back in when I have a little more time to actually catch up and read. Hope everyone is doing ok!

Erica
    Hi, Erica!

Thanks for popping in! We're doing about as well as artists can be, you know? I don't know that I'm speaking for everyone here. Maybe not. We can be kind of temperamental at times! Working with the ups and downs in our lives, trying to find the ways to express ourselves through the arts and holding each other up by sharing about things in our lives because of what we have in common. We do understand each other!

Are you doing okay?

Craig
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2007, 12:23 AM
    If anyone has not been to Jan's website, it is here. It's pretty cool!

Pencils And Paint
    erlobenauer Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Oct 27, 2007, 12:27 AM
    I really like the website. All of Jan's drawings are fabulous!
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2007, 12:44 AM
    She's a pretty incredible woman!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search