Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Well you're not to solve anything on this forum. Jus' sayin'
    Maybe that's why it's called "member discussions."
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 10:33 AM
    Rep. Marsha Blackburn has challenged our gun-slinging president to a skeet shooting match. What, you didn't know Obama goes skeet shooting "all the time" at Camp David? Blackburn feels confident she would win the match, Obama is probably as skilled as Romney when he goes hunting for "small varmints."

Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) challenged President Barack Obama to a skeet shooting contest and questioned whether Obama really enjoys the hobby as he said in a recent interview.

“If he is a skeet shooter, why have we not heard of this? Why have we not seen photos? Why hasn’t he referenced this at any point in time?” Blackburn said on CNN on Monday night.

She added: “I tell you what I do think — I think he should invite me to Camp David, and I’ll go skeet shooting with him and I bet I’ll beat him.”
    C'mon Mr. President, accept the challenge.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 10:42 AM
    He's still working on that bowling stuff. Maybe he can borrow Sec State John F Kerry's hunting outfit.

Look close enough you can see the price tags .
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2013, 10:44 AM
    “If he is a skeet shooter, why have we not heard of this?"
    Does it matter? Why is this important to anyone?
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 10:49 AM
    Does it matter? Why is this important to anyone?
    If it doesn't matter to you then feel free to join a different discussion.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2013, 10:56 AM
    Hello wingers:

So, you're surprised that lefty's like their guns too?? How did you NOT know that?

excon
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2013, 11:04 AM
    If it doesn't matter to you then feel free to join a different discussion.
    Different opinions are welcome here, you can't oust anyone because they don't share your zeal for totally unimportant factoids.
    How is this in any way important to the gun control issue?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 11:04 AM
    You guys holler he is going to take your gun, and then you holler when he sympathizes with hunters and sport shooters.

I would hate to be a cop and ten people had weapons drawn and have to decide who to shoot. Maybe its different in a rural community with one or two schools and the police are to far away to respond but I would rather have a few experienced well trained cops outside than a few poorly trained teachers in a crowded hallway or classroom.
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 11:08 AM
    Different opinions are welcome here, you can't oust anyone because they don't share your zeal for totally unimportant factoids.
    How is this in any way important to the gun control issue?
    Thanks for the lecture but making a suggestion is not the same thing as ousting someone. If it's unimportant to you then feel free to ignore the discussion. It's quite simple really.
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 11:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello wingers:

So, you're surprised that lefty's like their guns too??? How did you NOT know that?

excon
    Surprised that libs own guns? LOL, no. In fact quite a few that lecture us on gun control hide behind them on a regular basis. I am curious as to if that particular liberal goes skeet shooting "all the time" or if he's just pandering.
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2013, 11:16 AM
    if he's just pandering
    The guy that wants gun control is pandering by showing that he likes guns? What?
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 11:34 AM
    The guy that wants gun control is pandering by showing that he likes guns? What?
    Uh, yes. What do you not get?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 11:42 AM
    Hunting and shooting were talked about in previous administrations:

Fox News: Cheney's Quail Hunting Accident Affects No On
    (except the guy that was shot in the face)
    Cheney's Quail Hunting Accident Affects No One | Fox News
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2013, 11:46 AM
    The hypocrisy is incredible, isn't it.
    Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 11:57 AM
    Yet again you guys always pander to the ones in the echo chamber you live in.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 12:03 PM
    Hunting is the side show... I read the ratification debates... the 2nd amendment wasn't passed to insure our right to hunt.
    Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 12:40 PM
    Haven't you righties learned that resisting arrest no matter the circumstances is a foolish thing to do? Armed conflict with what you think is a tyrannical government can be considered by some as a foolish thing too since we fight in the courts, not the woods.

Maybe a more effective way to bear arms would be through strong communities and even stronger lawyers, especially given no one is going to take what you have, just make some guns unavailable for future loonies which we will be looking closer at.

Its like every other issue we argue in current events you guys have rights the rest of us don't, and yours trump everyone else's, and some deserve none at all.
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Haven't you righties learned that resisting arrest no matter the circumstances is a foolish thing to do? Armed conflict with what you think is a tyrannical government can be considered by some as a foolish thing too since we fight in the courts, not the woods.

Maybe a more effective way to bear arms would be thru strong communities and even stronger lawyers, especially given no one is going to take what you have, just make some guns unavailable for future loonies which we will be looking closer at.

Its like every other issue we argue in current events you guys have rights the rest of us don't, and yours trump everyone elses, and some deserve none at all.
    That's odd because we aren't the ones arguing for a mythical right to force someone else to buy contraceptives. We are however defending your first and second amendment rights.
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Jan 29, 2013, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smearcase View Post
    Hunting and shooting were talked about in previous administrations:

Well, to be "fair and balanced" maybe it is, maybe it isn't.
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2013, 12:18 PM
    And in other gun control news...

Newtown Votes for Armed Guards in Elementary Schools

By Alexander Abad-Santos | The Atlantic Wire – 3 hrs ago

As the nation continues to confront the concept of "good guys with guns" in schools, armed guards are coming in force to Newtown, Connecticut. Late Thursday the Newtown Board of Education voted to request the presence of two kinds of guards inside the town's elementary schools. The vote, for now, only represents a request — it still needs to clear budget and logistical boundaries since the guards would come from the town's police resources as opposed to the school board itself. But the plan "would put two eyes and ears -- one armed, one unarmed -- at each Newtown school," reports Bronxville Patch's Davis Dunavin. The guards, officially called school resource officers (SROs), were already a fixture at all Newtown schools in the wake of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, but until this vote they were budgeted only to be a presence at middle and high Schools, according to NBC Connecticut.

From reports of the school-board meeting, concerned parents cited the Sandy Hook shootings as their reason for backing an armed-guard policy. "The only thing that stopped that guy that day was when the two Newtown police burst in the building," one parent is quoted as saying in the Patch story. "You all know that." Which sounds eerily familiar to the NRA's "good guy with a gun" talking point, even though the Obama administration has backed armed guards if schools want them. One of President Obama's 23 executive actions on gun violence includes the following order: "Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gun Control... it didn't take long [ 1292 Answers ]

I won't go into hysterics that Obama is going to take away our guns. Just one question. If the US backs a UN Treaty to restrict small arms ,what is the law of the land ? The treaty ,or the Constitution of the land... specifically the 2nd Amendment ? After Obama win, U.S. backs new U.N....

Gun control. My thoughts. Just shoot me now. This thread won't end well. [ 332 Answers ]

Okay, I do have thoughts on gun control, and I promised to start a thread where we could discuss guns, and peoples thoughts on guns. But I didn't start the thread about the Connecticut massacre to discuss gun control. That was about the families and their loss. So, to keep that Connecticut...

Gun control by fiat? [ 17 Answers ]

Who needs a congress? King Obama is reportedly working on gun control "under the radar" by way of executive order or regulatory means. WaPo did a story on White House gun control czar Steve Crowley which had this little tidbit that just almost escaped notice. I'm sure that is "under the...

Gun Control [ 29 Answers ]

Hello: The killer we've been talking about was subdued AFTER he emptied his magazine and before he could insert another. He was using 30 round clips. THOSE clips were illegal under the Assault Weapons Ban that EXPIRED under Bush and was not reinstated. If it HAD been reinstated, the killer...

Gun control and socialized medicine in Europe [ 1 Answers ]

Are any countries in Europe that do not have either gun control laws or socialized medicine? I know they're very "europe-y" things to do, but I don't know if the EU requires them, or if a bunch of countries just decided to institute them. (I know the exact polices vary a bit, so I'm guessing it's...

View more questions Search