Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2011, 04:35 PM
    Criminals in Texas take risks... they don't know who is carrying a concealed gun.

Here in NY the rate is creaping up since we moved from tough on crime Rudy to nanny state Bloomy.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2011, 05:35 PM
    I don't know why you don't go back to the standards of the west and allow every one to carry a gun as long as it isn't concealed
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 08:40 PM
    For the same reasons Australia doesn't go back to their wild west ways.
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2011, 10:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    For the same reasons Australia doesn't go back to their wild west ways.
    Tal we never left the "wild west" ways because in truth we never had them. If you go into the outback you will find some strange sights and ways but no gun culture.

Tell you what; I'll meet you in Cooper Pedy and buy you a beer. We will see who can drink it the most quick, that will be our shoot out.
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2011, 02:19 AM
    And just like your "wild west"is mostly myth ,so is ours. Our 'wild west ' was sod farmers trying to survive.
    Tell you what; I'll meet you in Cooper Pedy and buy you a beer. We will see who can drink it the most quick, that will be our shoot out.
    I'm in .But it has to be a decent size... no less than a liter.
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2011, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    and just like your "wild west"is mostly myth ,so is ours. Our 'wild west ' was sod farmers trying to survive.

I'm in .But it has to be a decent size .....no less than a liter.
    When did you last down a litre Tom? I think the biggest glass is a pint, unless you want to tackle a yard.

Tom our wild west wasn't myth, it didn't exist, men like Forrest bringing water to the Gold Fields or Lassiter chasing some lost reef of Gold, no gun slingers, no towns just nothing, Burke and Wills dying a thousand miles from home.

If you saw that very bad film "Australia" it was even worse B/S than your wild west
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2011, 06:49 AM
    When did you last down a litre Tom?
    Oh it's been a while.. in the mid-
    70s... in Munich . I travelled between the ME and the US and usually took the opportunity to stay a day or so in a European city .
    I was staying in a hostel and did not have much to spend . But the Lowenbrau factory held daily tours and at the end gave a liter of beer and a large pretzel . The breakfast of champions !

I thought Australia was a fine movie although I wouldn't consider the 1940s in the time frame normally recognized as the period of the wild west... not here anyway. Our west was settled before the end of the 19th century .
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2011, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Oh it's been a while ..in the mid-
    70s ...in Munich . I travelled between the ME and the US and ususally took the opportunity to stay a day or so in a European city .
    I was staying in a hostel and did not have much to spend . But the Lowenbrau factory held daily tours and at the end gave a liter of beer and a large pretzel . The breakfast of champions !
    Well done Tom, I tend not to drink pints myself these days but I'm sure we could line up a few and get through them.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 27, 2011, 09:21 AM
    Is a pint bigger than 40 ouncer?? Doesn't matter, I'm buying. Line them pints up. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old Betty Davis movie [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie starring Betty Davis. In this movie, she and the man she is married to never want to be without one another. They are an old couple. They go into the garage, turn their vehicle on, and lay in one another's arms as they are being gassed so they can die together. I think the...

Tammie Davis [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get information on an ex-spouse ex-employer about his 401k. I have a divorce decree that state that 1/2 of his retirement is mine through a quado clause n our divorce in the year of 1997. He is now 54 years of age and should be able to cash in at the age of 55 years of age. He states there...

Bette davis and norma shearer [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for the title of a movie that stared Bette Davis and Norma Shearer. Norma "stole" Bette's husband. I think he was a pilot. Norma winds up having a baby and Bette raises him as her own. Norma is a concert pianist. HELP!

Geography- rivers-W M Davis Theory [ 1 Answers ]

Please please please - I urgently need the following information for my homework/coursework on Rivers for GCSE. I want as much information as possible on W M Davis's Theory on rivers - please can you point me in the right direction or tell me where can I get this information??

View more questions Search