Dogs Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 06:34 PM

Very true!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    ::cough::

We should really take this somewhere else.
    Ben put it in member discussions. He knew I'd be here. He knows what happens when I join a discussion. :D

Okay, okay.

Meet me here;

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/active...fe-445514.html

Both of you. :)
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2010, 07:18 PM

I gave this site a 10 because I am easy like Alty. Well...

I also enjoy coming here to learn new things. I think that's what it's all about. We come here to find the answer to something that's vexing us, and we stay to help others, and then before you know it we are hooked. Hooked on interaction, data, sharing, and greenies.

I don't mind the slow part. You know how we talk slow down here anyway? I type as slow as I talk.

Overall, this site is the best I've seen. With it's various topics and sections, it's a "10" site in my book.

I wish sometimes we had virtual tomatoes to sling (hurl, fling, chunk) at the trolls. (Or real rocks).

Plus, I got a good rabbit recipe the other day...
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Ben put it in member discussions. He knew I'd be here. He knows what happens when I join a discussion. :D
    Don't we all. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I have said it before, I will say it again. I love this site. :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 07:26 PM

I know you're all sitting there with bated breath waiting for me to say my piece. (Yeah, right!)

During the past ten years, I've been a member of several Q&A sites -- all different, all pretty well organized, and each offering a variety of ways to interact with questioners as well as with other "experts." As a site failed or changed into something else, I migrated with many of those experts (who gradually became friends) to other Q&A sites including this one, my most recent "home."

I don't have trouble with site speed or accessibility, and because I'm on sick leave from work, am here nearly 24/7. It's the best organized and best run site I've ever been on. And I'm never bored here. Not only do I read many of the threads (how much I have learned! ), but I have never hesitated to jump into the pool for any type of question (except for the plumbing and HVAC ones).

I have only two beefs. The first beef is that too many first posts are chat speak-y, and that curdles my teacher and librarian blood, plus it's a site no-no. But then, how do you tell a young person desperate for advice to rewrite the post so it's in good English? My second beef is that a mod will sometimes shut down a thread willy-nilly, for no apparent reason. Occasionally, the "in-fighting" is actually productive discussion for the topic at hand, but the mod sees only the disagreements. Therefore, I would like to be appointed as a "mod watcher." :D
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 07:46 PM

Cht spk bugzz me 2!

Sorry couldn't resist! I find it really hard to read the entire post when there is no periods or crazy abbreviations. I can handle the spelling, because I also am a terrible speller, but would kill someone to add a period or a comma??
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2010, 01:20 PM

Mod - watcher hmmm. Interesting Aunty WG.

Well I give it a ----.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 05:09 AM

We are absolutely the best. I don't mind slow even when I come on before I go to work to just veg out a bit. I guess I am just too patient, but not ambivalent, so don't through me out with the bathwater.

Tick
    Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 05:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Cht spk bugzz me 2!!

Sorry couldn't resist! I find it really hard to read the entire post when there is no periods or crazy abbreviations. I can handle the spelling, becasue I also am a terrible speller, but would kill someone to add a period or a comma???!!!??
    Yes, just love the single paragraph posts without any punctuation. You just got to like know that's how they like speak too and they want to splain how their honda civic wone like reverse maybe

Tick
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 05:29 AM

Hello:

I hate it here, but nobody else'll have me.

excon
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 07:54 AM

Well that kind of good for all of us then, eh.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 07:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

excon
    I'm glad of that. Nobody else here is as much fun to argue with. They all take it personal or something'.
    Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

excon
    AMHD would not be the same without you, ex ! You have to keep smoothy in line ;)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 08:35 AM

Ex you are the 'spice.'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rate of return and coupon rate [ 1 Answers ]

I need someone to show me how to find the value of a bond when it gives a coupon rate and rate of return. The value of $1000 when the coupon rate is 7% and the required rate of return is 8%

Average rate of return, net present value, internal rate of return, & payback period [ 3 Answers ]

CAM Company is evaluating a project requiring a capital expenditure of $619,200. The project has an estimated life of four years and no salvage value. The estimated net income and net cash flow from the project are as follows: Year Net Income ...

The rate of return on a proposal is less than the rate used in the analysis [ 1 Answers ]

if in evaluating a proposal by use of the net present value method there is an excess of present value over the amount to be invested, the rate of return on the proposal is less than the used in the analysis. true or false

View more questions Search