Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Oct 5, 2009, 07:37 AM

Y'know what's ironic?

Ironic is when the President of the USA goes around the world telling everyone how awful his country is for forcing its will upon others, how awful a place it is now that the rich aren't so rich and the poor are poorer, how terrible a place it is where we are rude and selfish and greedy... America is such an awful place, he says...

... and then he expects the IOC to grant the 2016 Olympics to this awful place.

After the world-wide sales pitch he's been making since last November in speech after speech and international appearance after international appearance, what exactly did he expect was going to happen?

THAT'S irony, excon.

Elliot
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2009, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    Y'know what's ironic?
    Hello again, El:

Yes, I understand the word irony. Like others in the dictionary, it's clear that you don't. You think politics is irony. But, nope. Irony is when you get caught engaging in behavior that you excoriated others from partaking in.

Just like I did here. I mentioned the irony, because you post here as though the recent past has slipped your mind. But, that's OK. I'm used to you trying to change what went on before. That's why I'm here.

You, like Rush Limbaugh, want Obama to fail. I guess you don't realize that thing about your NOSE being attached to your FACE.. But, again, I'm used to Republicans who have NO grip on reality.

I ask you again, Elliot, why do you HATE America sooooo much?

excon
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Oct 5, 2009, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, El:

Yes, I understand the word irony. Like others in the dictionary, it's clear that you don't. You think politics is irony. But, nope. Irony is when you get caught engaging in behavior that you excoriated others from partaking in.
    That's not irony, that's hipocracy. Which makes it clear that you DON'T understand the words.

Just like I did here. I mentioned the irony, because you post here as though the recent past has slipped your mind. But, that's OK. I'm used to you trying to change what went on before. That's why I'm here.
    Which posts would those be? Would they be all the OTHER posts where I excoriated Obama for his apologist, anti-American rhetoric?

You, like Rush Limbaugh, want Obama to fail. I guess you don't realize that thing about your NOSE being attached to your FACE.. But, again, I'm used to Republicans who have NO grip on reality.
    Yes, I want Obama to fail. And I want him to do so MISERABLY and COMPLETELY and in a BIG WAY.

Want to know why?

Oh, I've explained it about a million times, but you just don't get it. So I'll try one more time... in the vain hope that this time you MIGHT pick up a new insight.

I want Obama to fail, because if he succeeds, WE fail. And I don't want to fail.

You see, if Obama succeeds, he will eliminate any incentive for the citizens of this country to work hard, develop new products and technologies and become better than they currently are. His policies reinforce mediocrity and failure at the expense of success. And if those policies succeed, this country will fall into a state of mediocrity and failure as a result.

His policies have BANKRUPTED the nation for the next two generations. His policies of "wealth redistribution", corporate takeovers, cap & trade, energy-dependence, no-growth, anti-capitalism are killing the economy and the ability of this nation to RECOVER from the recession... for generations to come.

I don't want that. And therefore I want Obama to FAIL. And I want him to fail so badly that anyone who comes along with similar policies for the next hundred years will have no chance whatsoever of being elected.

I ask you again, Elliot, why do you HATE America sooooo much?
    I LOVE America so much that I am hoping and praying that Obama fails, so that this country can return to the policies that have made it the greatest country in the world. If he succeeds WE fail. The only way for US to succeesd is for HIM to fail.

So, why do you hate this country so much that you would support Obama's policies and destroy it?

Elliot
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2009, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    So what? Obama made his cameo appearance in Copenhagen, took the opportunity to meet with McChrystal who was in nearby London, and then, within a few hours, flew back to Chicago. It was a productive jaunt.
    Productive? Oprah and the Obamas' "sacrifice" was productive? Turns out Obama's 25 minute meeting with McChrystal was to chastise him for showing leadership in asking for a decision from the Commander-in-chief. Perhaps he should be just as furious with Petraeus as well.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 5, 2009, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Productive? Oprah and the Obamas' "sacrifice" was productive? Turns out Obama's 25 minute meeting with McChrystal was to chastise him for showing leadership in asking for a decision from the Commander-in-chief. Perhaps he should be just as furious with Petraeus as well.
    Who said "sacrifice"?? That Telegraph article sure puts an uninformed spin on things! Talk about yellow journalism!
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2009, 01:19 PM
    Who said "sacrifice"??
    Michelle Obama said it was a "sacrifice" to make the trip to pitch the Olympics.

That Telegraph article sure puts an uninformed spin on things! Talk about yellow journalism!
    Yellow journalism? Uninformed? Which part, the part where national security adviser Gen Jim Jones was quoted on CNN or where he was quoted on CBS?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2009, 02:18 PM
    Friendly
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post

Do you think that the Pols, the Cheks, and the Hondurans, all of whom have been thrown under the bus in recent weeks, are feeling friendly towards the USA today? Do you think that French PM Sarkozy is feeling friendly towards the USA as Obama undermines him? Do you think that Gordon Brown is feeling particularly friendly toward the USA at the moment after being deliberately snubbed by Obama on at least 4 occassions? Is IRAN being friendly toward the USA? How about North Korea and China?

In fact, can you name a single country in the entire world that is more friendly toward the USA today than it was under Bush? How is that country demonstrating that friendliness?

Elliot
    Yep that Bush was a fairly friendly guy, no doubt about it. One summer does not a swallow make and Obama has had just one summer. Obama obviously chooses his friends carefully, look how chummy he has been with the Russian President and he positively swooned for the king of Saudi Arabia
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 5, 2009, 02:21 PM
    It was a "sacrifice" to make the trip to pitch the Olympics.
    Please reread what she really said.
    Yellow journalism? Uninformed?
    Yeah, the spin, the twist.
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2009, 02:41 PM
    Please reread what she really said.
    Do you think I'm illiterate or something?

Yeah, the spin, the twist.
    What spin, what twist?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 5, 2009, 02:46 PM
    Do you think I'm illiterate or something?
    No, but you've been reading the misquote. Tell me what she actually said in her speech.
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2009, 03:00 PM
    No, but you've been reading the misquote. Tell me what she actually said in her speech.
    No, I read it just fine. "As much of a sacrifice as people say this is for me or Oprah or the president to come for these few days...so many of you in this room have been working for years to bring this bid home."

Who said it was a "sacrifice?" Who on earth would think hopping on a 757 with Oprah to Copenhagen to rub elbows with Danish royalty was a "sacrifice?" Anyone? Anyone?

Now tell me what spin you're referring to.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 5, 2009, 03:15 PM
    "As much of a sacrifice as people say this is for me or Oprah or the president to come for these few days...so many of you in this room have been working for years to bring this bid home."
    That's a wee bit different from your original comment: "Michelle Obama said it was a 'sacrifice' to make the trip to pitch the Olympics."
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2009, 05:04 PM
    That's a wee bit different from your original comment: "Michelle Obama said it was a 'sacrifice' to make the trip to pitch the Olympics."
    It would be if that were what I first said, which was "Productive? Oprah and the Obamas' "sacrifice" was productive?"

Now are you going to explain the spin in the Telegraph article or not?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio Claire results in steps! I am posting results you post yours! [ 34 Answers ]

Hello World! So I got my bio cliare creame, lotion, and oil appx.8 days ago. I have seen some lightening (more skin evening than anything) and now I am starting to itch a little but I see that's just apart of the process because it dries your skin a bit and I know I have to buy a sun screen to put...

The olympic skier [ 3 Answers ]

The famous Olympic skier Picabo Street (pronounced Peek-A-Boo) is not just an athlete... She is now a nurse currently working at the Intensive Care Unit of a large metropolitan hospital. She is not Permitted to answer the hospital telephones. It caused too much Confusion when she would...

Olympic pins [ 1 Answers ]

I have a collection of 1996 olympic pins.. and I would like to know how to find out how much they are worth I may be interested in selling them.

Olympic Travel Package [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find out info on how to travel to the 2004 Olympics in Athens?  I would like info on where to stay, what to do when I'm there, the best deals, and how big the parties are going to be.  Yeah, Baby! Thanks, R

View more questions Search