Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2009, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by drea46750 View Post
    You are right, I do have depression issues that I have been trying to deal with for years.
    Let's cut all the fun and games out. This is the problem, and it's a big one for you. You need to see a therapist, because this whole strip club thing is just something for you to throw your emotions into as a distraction for the real issue(s) which run much deeper then this. Honestly, if it wasn't the strip club it would be something else. You were suicidial yesterday, you have better things to worry about then this. You never learned how to control your own life from with in, so you are trying to control it through the actions of others, but that's a losing battle because you can never control anybody else. You need to see a therpist, because this issue has to be dealt with. Like I said, you wouldn't think twice if you broke your arm, so why are you wasting time with this non-issue and not addressing the real ones. This strip club nonsense doesn't really matter in the long run, but what decisions you make about your mental and emotional health will affect you, you children, and boyfriend forever. Isn't that where you should put your focus now.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2009, 03:15 PM

Here is a way of seeing it, he's going to be married to you and he ll be yours forever, so does it really matter if he goes to a strip club? It doesn't mean he will cheat on you.
    litamj Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 03:21 PM

I understand that you don't like the idea of him going to one, and it would be great if respected your wishes, but, he is going to have to make up his own mind. You know that he won't do anything with any of them. So, just tell him that you're a big boy and you can make your own decisions. You know how I feel about them, but the decisions up to you.
    Survivor07 Posts: 380, Reputation: 143

May 11, 2009, 03:51 PM

Hey, Drea

I read your post from yesterday.

Your husband going to the strip club is the least of your problems.

That last thing any of you need before the wedding is you hurting yourself.

Please seek some help from a doctor. There is nothing weird or wrong or weak about seeking some help for being depressed, because that's what you are.

You owe it to yourself and your kids. Please talk to a professional about how you're feeling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Married man going to strip club. [ 27 Answers ]

I am a happily married man for over 5 years now. Recently, my wife traveled to Hong Kong for a business trip (5 months assignment). So, I got to stay in the house by myself. I developed a habit now is having a need to go to a strip club. I have already gone 3 times in a month and I am seeing...

Strip club [ 10 Answers ]

I have been with my fiancé for 2 1/2 years, we are due to get married next September. Although we have a great relationship together for the most part there is one issue that really bugs me... he still goes out to strip clubs with the boys even though I have told him that I find it disrespectful...

Gentlemen's club or Strip Bar [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between a Gentlemen's Club and a Strip Bar. I believe they are the same. One is just more discreet then the other. Let me know your opinion.

Strip club problems [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year and a half. Our sex life has come to schreeching hault. I always ask for it, he always has a reason as to why he's not up for it. But he goes to strip clubs... A LOT. I know its somewhat shady, but sometimes I look at his credit card receipts. ...

View more questions Search