Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doloress Posts: 24, Reputation: 8

Jan 25, 2010, 02:20 AM

Hi, I still have stretch marks but they have faded a lot because I also use shea butter and olive oil. I also mix my 55hh+ glycerin with msm and vit c powder. I have used my cream for nearly a year now, on and off with retin a. I first apply the glycerin then when its dry,I apply the cream and finally apply my shea butter and olive oil mix. When am not using it, I apply dermowhite gel, then 55h+ body lotion mixed with the serum. I have ahieve and maintened a lighter complexion, from wesley snipes to megan good. Hope this help.
    Soulskin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 02:21 PM
    Hi Doloress, good job with the "lab work". Could you please PM me the website to get the HQ from? Thanks in advance for your help. I'm planning on using it with a Vit C Serum that I made for myself.
    Soulskin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 03:07 PM

Quick question Doloress, can I use Vodka instead of di propylene glycol since they almost do the same things as base? Thanks.
    ncimfabulous Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Jan 28, 2010, 03:19 PM

I wanted to know if anybody else is using an exfoliate in the morning if you put the HQ + Retin A on at night? Or anything else that would speed up the lightening process, like kojic soap or F&F exfoliating bar?

Jan 29, 2010, 05:57 AM

Hi soulskin ill try to pm you. I got mine from a uk online photography shop and I have no idea if vodka will do the same job. I avoid exfoliating in the morning, maybe 3 times a week as retin a is pretty hard on the skin and exfoliating too much will leave the skin raw.

Jan 29, 2010, 06:16 AM

I am sorry soulskin I have no idea how to pm you; can you find out how to and let me know.
    yesitslee Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 01:41 PM

Hey all, fyi you can get the pure Hydroquinone from the eBay seller cjchemical for a crazy low price. I have bought from them and mixed my own cream with it with good results. (it did take some trial and error though. You have to mix it fast to prevent the oxidation and browning but actually, once I used one of mine that turned beige and when I mixed it with the lotion, it was all white and it still seemed to work!).

Jan 29, 2010, 05:34 PM

Anybody in the us all you have to do is Google hydroquinone powder and pretty much a bunch of photography supply places come up.
    SistahSustaGurl Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2010, 07:50 PM
    doloress how are you now??

How has the lightening been?

Can you tell us exactly what color you are now?

Feb 8, 2010, 07:50 PM
    doloress how are you now??

How has the lightening been?

Can you tell us exactly what color you are now?

Feb 8, 2010, 07:56 PM

Fill a sistah in on your lightening results girl!! :)

Feb 23, 2010, 01:21 PM
    About to mix my hq tomorrow hopefully everything goes well.

Feb 23, 2010, 02:08 PM
    Ok just mixed when everything is mixed is the mixture suppose to have a kind of yellowish tint or is it supposed to be stark white? Because I put the retin a in the mixture and it was a yellowish gel color so I'm not sure if my hq has oxidized or the retin a changed the color. Also when you put it on your skin is it suppose to tingle burn etc. I have a slight tingling very minimum but that's about it.

Feb 23, 2010, 05:20 PM

What color are you exactly?. using a celeb

What is your goal?. what % hq and retin a are you using?.

I heard tingling is natural... are you using it for you body too ?

Feb 23, 2010, 07:27 PM

From this ashanti

To this zoe kravitz

Is that like 3 or 4 shades

Feb 24, 2010, 12:40 PM
    Also how can you tell if the hq has oxidized is it a slight brownish tint or just brown?

Feb 24, 2010, 03:06 PM

Just brown

I read that when you first make hq it will be brown until you mix it in the lotion
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2010, 05:31 PM
    If it is brown, regardless if light or dark, then it has oxidized due to the exposure of oxygen, moisture, formulation, etc. shade of brown only refers to the amount of oxidation. Hydroquinone's color changes when oxidizes, the darker the shade the greater extent of oxidation.

But, the tint could have come from the color of the Retin-a, so I wouldn't discard it. What % hq is it?
    AmyGene Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2010, 06:12 PM
    Doloress and lighterr do you guys mind pm'im me..
    AmyGene Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2010, 06:18 PM

Please email me ladies, I don't think there is a PM feature on this site... PLEASE, thanks so much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bio Claire lotion vs cream [ 4 Answers ]

Which one is more effective? The cream or lotion?? Or oil? Thanks

Helpful tips in mixing your own lightening cream/lotion [ 6 Answers ]

Ok guys, I'm starting this thread to give people who are new to mixing their own lightening products a few tips. These tips can also be used in making any other cosmetics. I've made a lot of cosmetics although I have never made a lightening cream/lotion but the principle is the same.:p If anyone...

Is there really a skin cream or lotion to reduce deep wrinkles? [ 3 Answers ]

In the past 3 1/2 yrs, because of major grief, constant saddness and stress, I have aged over 10 yrs in my face. I have never been heavy but because of the grief I've endured, I did loose some weight. The lines around my mouth, especially above my lip have deepened drastically as well as the...

Skin-whitening cream/lotion: How long does it last? [ 3 Answers ]

Yet another skin-whitening topic. I was wondering. How long does it last till it needs to be reapplied again? If used used frequently and for years, what effect does it have in a long term?

View more questions Search