Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 21, 2008, 06:56 AM
    It turns out that CERN never reached max. power capacity last week.
    There were several liquid helium leaks, and the experiments had to be stopped prematurely.
    When the same problems re-occured the following days, CERN decided to do a proper repair.
    Therefore the entire ring has to be warmed up to the surrounding temperature (which will take about 1.5 to 2 weeks), have the leaks repaired, and have the ring cooled down again to near zero Kelvin (which will take another 2 weeks again).
    Total expected repair time is at least about a full month !

The same threat is still there : this could happen to all of us any time in the future : LOOK and SEE !!!

Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 22, 2008, 03:56 AM
    Could this be the reason we are all still here:
    BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | What happened to the Big Bang machine?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 09:04 AM

It's all a Myth... Myth.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob View Post
    It's all a Myth...Myth.
    Hey you,
    Welcome back. :)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Yo
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 23, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Further to my post #41

Just a couple of minutes ago it has been announced that the repairs will take much MUCH longer, at least to early spring 2009... (6 to 8 months !)

How strange, how surprising, how unexpected...

Could there perhaps be other reasons for this unexpected delay??

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Remember : The threat for all of us on Earth is still there : this could happen to all of us any time in the future.
    CLICK LINK TO LOOK and SEE !!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suggestions for scary movies;'proper' scary [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, I've been looking for a really scary movie - really scary, the kind that you can't sleep for days(or maybe just one day.. ) after watching. I haven't really watched many but I've realized that most of which I watch are more.. well, funny than scary. So, I'd really like suggestions for...

Scary sex [ 5 Answers ]

When me and my husband are having sex I start to bleed. We have sex on a regular basis and he is not rough and I'm starting to worry. What should I do?

Scary Movies [ 9 Answers ]

so its Halloween time and my friends and i are trying to find some scary movies to watch, but we can't seem to find any. Does anyone know of some really scary movies?? haha please help:p :o :) :D

Old scary movie [ 1 Answers ]

Hardly any scary movies actually scare me but this one did. It was in not in color, whether that was intentional or whether it was so old, I'm not sure: It starts with this lovely young couple buying an old house for real cheap. He travels a lot so she's left alone a lot in this house. At first,...

Scary fall :( [ 31 Answers ]

Ugh I slipped and fell down about 4 stairs last night, didn't really hurt myself badly, but I went into early labour! (I am just at 7 months right now) So, Alex rushed me to the hospital and they were able to stop the labour. I am apparently fine, although I am supposed to take it easy now, and...

View more questions Search