Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Sep 1, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello start:

How about that she would outlaw abortion even in the case of rape???

excon
    Contrast that with Obama - would not try to keep a fetus alive that had survived an abortion.

Exactly what percent are due to rape and how many are elective?

She wants to outlaw killing a fetus - good for her.
    She'll take a stance and not worry about paygrade:D
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    Contrast that with Obama - would not try to keep a fetus alive that had survived an abortion.
    And you will give a reference for this factoid?
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 02:53 PM
    I think that if she were to become president, (far fetched but could happen) the whole wide world would not let her change it to where the women are not protected! You and I would not let that happen, would we? We get the chance to vote... right and the over turn of Roe vs. Wade... dont count on it!
    I agree with inthebox on that, I would like to see babies born rather than die AFFTER they have been aborted in a women's arms.
    But... that is not all that I worry about.
    I have guns, (skell don't worry, I don't use them for anything but recreation) I would like my rights to stay the same. Hence Hitler... I suppose that is going a bit too far, but now a days, you never know!
    I noticed that Obama doesn't want to have anything to do with Drilling in Alaska...
    McCain doesn't either...
    I disagree with both of them on drilling, so Palin thinks we should, I agree with her on that.
    I agree we need to get troops out of Iraq, but not all, that surely could be devastating.

Another thing... anyone who votes for her JUST because she is a woman, is just plain stupid.
    We all have our different views, I don't all the way believe that McCain is "McBush" but in some case you all are right.
    I really like McCains wife too... she has done far more for her community than Obama's wife... I started a thread on it, but it got closed... darn it.
    Obama is a smooth talker, his family is beautiful... he sounds great promising all those rainbows and chocolate chip cookies, I just don't believe it, so yes, Excon I would like things to stay more the same than take the chance on him... thus far! I still have not made up my mind. This is just how I have seen it and listening to you guys, well, you prove it time and again.
    We just see differently and believe differently, that doesn't mean we all can't meet in the middle and try and get along. That is not such a far fetched comment if you all are willing to compromise!
    I like someone who can stand up say what they mean and not care about hurting our feelings... I don't get that from Obama... Joe Biden, maybe... but not Obama
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. Defends Partial-birth Abortion - Associated Content
    I think it is somewhere in there..
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    THAT'S your documentation??

Now, please do some honest research of your own on this. With Googling, it's easy and fun.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:15 PM
    Wondergirl, I am trying here there is so much to read... it is not fun. I really am trying to find some answers...
    Give me something.

EDIT::: I am a beginner here, that doesn't mean I don't have opinions or views on how I feel it should go.
    What about health care? Do you all think we should have business driven health care or government run health care?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2008, 03:23 PM
    Wondergirl, I am trying here there is so much to read...it is not fun. I really am trying to find some answers...
    Give me something.
    Do you want the right-wing take on it or the liberal take on it? Or do you want to read the actual Illinois legislature report on it as to what was on the table and who said and did what, and then make up your own mind?
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:28 PM
    I am not either, I see and like both sides of the fence. So what ever that makes me, I suppose I will take what I can get on both parties. You see Wondergirl, I am not here to say my peace as much as I am here to learn about WHY others think and say the things they do... it gives me a better insight on why I want to believe in what I do.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    Desperate? No, mine was in response to Choux and others trying to portray her as a wimpy "soccer/hockey mom, and looks it and acts it." She's no wimp.
    Sorry Steve. You misunderstood me. I found it "absurd" that people mention the fact she loves holding a gun.

The "desperate" comment was in reference to McCain / Repubs choice of this seemingly unknown women all in an attempt to get the Clinton vote. Not the gun issue. That isn't desperate, just weird!! ;)

I know you isn't desperate Steve. Your too sure of yourself to be desperate! :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2008, 03:30 PM
    What about health care? Do you all think we should have business driven health care or government run health care?
    Well, there are companies that have died and left their retirees without health care. My husband worked 30 years for the all-American company called Western Electric which became AT&T which became Lucent which was bought out by a French company named Alcatel. Our health care program is currently in jeopardy. Business-driven health care is no longer a guarantee that it will always be there as long as you are associated with that company. So then what? Can we all afford private health care? If you think so, check out the premium cost for a few basic family plans.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2008, 03:32 PM
    I am not either, I see and like both sides of the fence. So what ever that makes me, I suppose I will take what i can get on both parties. You see Wondergirl, I am not here to say my peace as much as I am here to learn about WHY others think and say the things they do....it gives me a better insight on why I want to believe in what I do.
    Well, if you aren't interested the truth of a situation and are more interested in who believes what, then I will bow out of this discussion.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    The "desperate" comment was in reference to McCain / Repubs choice of this seemingly unknown women all in an attempt to get the Clinton vote. Not the gun issue. That isn't desperate, just weird!! ;)
    And apparently it isn't going to work:
    CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Palin booed for mentioning Hillary Clinton « - Blogs from CNN.com
    This might not be the best way to reach out to those disillusioned Hillary Clinton supporters. In just her second appearance on the campaign trail with John McCain, newly-minted GOP running mate Sarah Palin was showered with boos on Saturday for attempting to praise Clinton’s trail-blazing bid to become the first female president.
    As she did at in her debut speech in Ohio yesterday, Palin appealed to the women in the crowd here in Pennsylvania with a political shout-out to Geraldine Ferraro, who preceded Palin as the first women to be tapped as a vice presidential candidate.
    But in contrast with the mild reception that greeted her comments at the Ohio event, when Palin praised Clinton here for showing “determination and grace in her presidential campaign,” the Alaska governor was met with a noisy mix of boos, groans and grumbles around the minor league ballpark where the “Road to the Convention Rally” was held.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:36 PM
    I agree. I also see people on here talking of government run health care, and they have to see who the government says they have to see, they have to wait in line to be seen? Making an appointment sometimes gives you a wait of a month or longer. That doesn't sound good to me. Isn't there another way?
    I suppose we could be private and pay what we normally pay, I don't see myself always paying my health care bills already, I would love another out on being able to get treatment and pay for it. ON TIME! We have a family of 6, our policy is not that good, my husbands employer pays the 7 or 8 hundred and we pay the 200 every month just to have it, then there are co-pays, and "it isn't covered bills" and the deductibles... I know Wondergirl, I do know something needs to give.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    Well, if you aren't interested the truth of a situation and are more interested in who believes what, then I will bow out of this discussion.
    What I am interested in... is what the opponents are going to do in certain situations. So I can base my opinion on that. Do we all not base our voting on what we believe? I don't get this comment.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:39 PM
    What I am interested in .....is what the opponents are going to do in certain situations.
    Who are the "opponents"?
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Obama and McCain... I am completely confused now. Are you laughing at me NK? Just a person needing to talk about issues to get a better feel on how things work in politics, that's all.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:46 PM
    What I am interested in .....is what the opponents are going to do in certain situations. So I can base my opinion on that. Do we all not base our voting on what we believe? I don't get this comment.
    The problem is we can only believe what they tell us they are going to do, or we can go on past record of how their particular party acted in certain situations. You said you were happy with what you have had for the last 8 years. Well vote for McCain. If not, Obama / Dems seem like the vote to me!
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:51 PM
    I didn't say I was happy with the last 8 years, what I said was that I am willing to keep things the "same"... too scared of the change. (not afraid to admit it)
    I agree, we can only believe what they tell us... or we can research and find out that what they are telling us is a lie! Right? Isn't that what you guys do?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2008, 04:01 PM
    What I am interested in .....is what the opponents are going to do in certain situations. So I can base my opinion on that. Do we all not base our voting on what we believe? I don't get this comment.
    We don't KNOW what "the opponents" are going to do in any given situation. We can find out what they've each done in the past (that's why I urged you to find out the truth of those situations, and not simply believe what a blogger thinks or believes happened), but as you know from your own behavior and the behavior of family members, what they have done in the past does not determine what they will do in the future when the influences and other variables will be different.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 04:03 PM
    I didnt say I was happy with the last 8 years, what I said was that I am willing to keep things the "same"..... too scared of the change. (not afraid to admit it)
    I agree, we can only believe what they tell us.....or we can research and find out that what they are telling us is a lie! Right? Isn't that what you guys do?
    Fair enough with respect to change. I suspect a lot of people will vote for McCain out of fear of Obama. Though I don't see why!! I fear McCain myself. But for me it isn't too much an issue because these days down under here we have a prime minister who isn't just going to be a lap dog to the US president like in the past.

Yes, the only way to truly find out is research yourself and form your own opinion, and still then it isn't hard to be deceived. Just do yourself a favour though and don't believe everything you hear here AMHD :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Qualifiers for US Vice President? [ 6 Answers ]

Can an ex US President take on a Vice Presidential role?

Vice President of LLC legal liabilty [ 2 Answers ]

What is the legal liabilty of the Vice President of an LLC? Can he be held liable for unpaid taxes?

Roles of the vice president [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: WHAT ARE THE ROLES OF THE VICE PRESIDENT BY THE PRESIDENT?

Vice-President Alvin Barkley [ 3 Answers ]

Why did Vice-President Alvin Barkley only serve one term as VP?

View more questions Search