Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackman Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    This is a silly question maybe, and I know there is no scriptural basis for it. However, I recently saw John Carpenter's movie "Prince of Darkness", and it explains that Satan basically was an ancient evil being from another galaxy who came and tried to take over the earth. Anyways I thought it was kind of an interesting idea. Reminded me a bit also of the movie "Stargate".
    If you are a Christen Christen Rev. 12--7 tell us where satan is.He is being held by Michael In heaven and will be cast out with his angels.When,no human knows.
    Jack
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jackman
    If you are a Christen Christen Rev. 12--7 tell us where satan is.He is being held by Michael In heaven and will be cast out with his angels.When,no human knows.
    Jack
    Let's look at that passage:

Rev 12:7-9
    7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
    NKJV

Note that this already happened. This is when Satan rebelled against God, and when one third of the Holy angels followed him in rebellion, they became demons. It also does not say that Satan is being held by Michael.

Dec 7, 2007, 08:05 PM
    I have to disagree that it has already happened.If you read on in chapter 12--12 tells me that has not happened.
    Revelation means to reveal.
    Jack
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 08:24 PM
    I have to disagree that it has already happened.If you read on in chapter 12--12 tells me that has not happened.
    Revelation means to reveal.
    Jack
    Rev 12:12 says it has already happened.

Rev 12:12
    12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time."
    NKJV

Yes, revelation means to reveal, and certainly much in the books reveals that which is to happen, and there are parts which reveal that which has already happened. If you still disagree that that anything which has happened is revealed in the Book of Revelation, read chapters 1-3.

Further, if Satan is bound by Michael, and the angels have not rebelled, how could Satan be tempting us and where did the demons on earth come from?

Dec 8, 2007, 08:08 AM
    The seal is the 6th (Mark 13)as in 666 satans number.He is not here on earth yet but his evil spirits are here.
    Jack

Dec 8, 2007, 12:40 PM
    The seal is the 6th (Mark 13)as in 666 satans number.He is not here on earth yet but his evil spirits are here.
    Jack
    Ezekiel 44 through 48 is in the 1000 years 3rd earth age.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 01:59 PM
    jackman,

I don't know where you are getting this stuff from, but unless we can actually look at it from scripture, we will get nowhere. All I see you doing is making comments about scripture, without quoting it or looking at the context, or responding to the questions raised against your interpretation. For example, I asked you the following with respect to your claim that Satan in bound in heaven by Michael. Rather than wandering through other verses, p,lease address these points:

If Satan is bound by Michael, and the angels have not rebelled, how could Satan be tempting us and where did the demons on earth come from?

Dec 8, 2007, 02:33 PM
    I am not going get nasty over this.You type down what each verse says but you read it the way you have been taught.I would say you have been listen to preachers too much.You don't explain why you think it has already happened.You just say that is the way it is.You need to go back to the beginning and star over.You have to know what happened in the garden or you are never going to get right.That's all right you will be taught in the 1000 years that is coming.Stop listening to preachers. Get yourself a Strongs Concordance and learn.I tell you what,go to Proverbs 19-2 that wi9ll tell you the problem you have learning.
    Have a great day.
    Jack
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 04:53 PM
    I am not going get nasty over this.
    Good! All I am asking is that you address the questions that I raised.

You type down what each verse says but you read it the way you have been taught.
    Actually, not true. I looked into the context. For example, you claimed that Michael was holding Satan, but have yet to provide a verse that says that, so you have added to that passage in Rev 12.

You also claimed that the defeat and tossing out of Satan in heaven is in the future, but again, you have not explained how then he is able to tempt us down here, and where the demons came from since your theology would also have the fallen angels still in heaven, and perhaps even, your theology would appear to require that the fall of these angels has not yet happened.

I would say you have been listen to preachers too much.You don't explain why you think it has already happened.
    I did, and asked you related question that you have so far refused to answer. Now, rather than making accusations about me, why don't you answer those questions?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Planet X? [ 3 Answers ]

I've come across a site, www.zetatalk.com, which talks about the passage of a planet known as the 12th planet, and is referred to as "Planet X" in other places. What's the deal about it?

Should Pluto Remain Categorized as a planet? [ 24 Answers ]

Some astronomers have decided to demote Pluto and simply call it a Kuiper Belt object. What is your opinion. I personally see no harm in letting Pluto retain its planet status. Maybe the criteria for this classification should be size and distance. We might try using Pluto's farthest orbital...

Is it a planet? [ 2 Answers ]

Right now(4:00AM) in Wyoming, in the north eastern part of the sky, just above the horizon there is a HUGE bright star that seems to pulsate(twinkle) When I first saw it I thought it was a UFO! It is very prominent in the sky. Does anyone know if this is a planet or just a very large star? Okay...

Shape of planet orbits [ 1 Answers ]

Why is the shape of most planet's orbits elliptical?

View more questions Search