Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsila1777 Posts: 138, Reputation: 18

Jul 25, 2008, 07:57 AM
    Allheart, You are so precious, you have such a sweet spirit, and you only want to help and encourage people. It is almost as if you are too good for this world. I know God is so pleased with you. And I too, and appreciative for your kind advice. I will do my best to follow it. As psa 91 states, He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
    I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

That secret place where I am cocooned in His Love and Divine Protection. Thank you so much for reminding me that I am in the world but not of the world and that Christ has overcome the world for our sake.

Blessing to you.
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Jul 25, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Although many theists seem to see that an an intolerable situation : they want to be free to believe themselves. But not others to be free to believe otherwise ...
    Enough of that type on this and other boards !

·

You are free to believe what you want Cred but apparently you are the one who is intolerent to THeists because you spend more than half of your life harassing them on religious forums about their beliefs and trying to shove your atheistic beliefs down our throats. :rolleyes:
    Get a life

Jul 25, 2008, 08:17 AM

But you are free to search the Internet for statements from my hand that supports your suggestion. It will be in vain, as I never changed my approach. The reason why so many theists hate my guts as they know my arguments are sound and beyond denying.
    Only you, sassyT, and few other religious blinded still have to learn that ...

·
    Lol.. Cred Theists don't hate your guts.. We just feel sorry for you. :(
    I just hope when I get as old as you are there will be more to my life than harassing people young enough to be my grandchildren on religious online forums.

Jul 25, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iAMfromHuntersBar
    Yeah, that's a very good way of putting it!

But surely if I don't want to pick a religion, and I'm just a good person, God would be happy with that too! I mean, he's a clever bloke, he's going to understand my point of view! Ha ha!
    If it turns out for you that God does exist, just "being good" is not going to get you into heaven. Because your standard of good is not God's standard of good. According to His word you have to accept Jesus Christ as your Advocate because he died so you could be found blameless before the eyes of God.
    No one is good.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT
    lol.. Cred Theists don't hate your guts.. We just feel sorry for you. :(
    I just hope when i get as old as you are there will be more to my life than harassing people young enough to be my grandchildren on religious online forums.
    I don't hate him OR feel sorry for him. He enjoys harassing with his word games
    So I enjoy giving him the same hard time back that he dishes out.
    He comes off as intolerant being critical of Christians 'supposedly' being intolerant
    When that is what he perceives!

Jul 25, 2008, 09:11 AM
    [quote=Credendovidis]Although many theists seem to see that an an intolerable situation : they want to be free to believe themselves. But not others to be free to believe otherwise... :confused:
    Enough of that type on this and other boards !quote]

Dear Cred,:)
    It seems, to my dismay, that I do still have a small mean streak. I will one last time like to point out that no one is perfect, and no one has the right to be critical of others in a mean spirited way especially concerning writing/typing abilities. As gently as I can, I would like to point out that you wrote and I quote “an an” instead of “as an”. You also put ‘they want to be free to believe themselves’ which is not a reasonable statement. You meant, I’m sure, to say, they want to be free to believe in what they perceive to be true, not to believe themselves…which has a completely different meaning.

You also said: Enough of that type on this and other boards ! I assume you meant discussion of beliefs. I do not for sure know what you meant by this, as it is rather unclear.

However, please read the topic of this board, may I kindly inquire how you have the authority to say we cannot discuss Christian beliefs or the lack thereof on this board or any other board? It may be that you do have such authority. It is quite possible that you are the one who did “pony up the cash” for this forum. Is that a true statement? Or have I completely misunderstood your meaning?

I humbly disagree that ‘theists’ as you call them, I assume you mean Christians or others who believe in a God, do not want others to be free to believe otherwise. I said as clearly as I knew how that one is free to believe what they want. It is a God given right to believe or to live in unbelief. I would never say you do not have the right to your own beliefs.:) And I do not intend to argue about who is right and who is wrong. As Needy so aptly pointed out: Everybody believes in something, could be they believe in the comfort of a good hooker or that water tastes good. To Needy, I also believe water tastes good, but in fact, I know by experience that water does taste good.

I do not agree with the other, but if one has to resort to that, then that too, is their business, and privilege.

Cred, I hope you have a wonderful day filled with great joy and wonderful surprises. I just believe today is a special day in which many people will receive at least one of their heart’s desires. I hope you are one of them.

Peace and Love in God’s grace, and mercy.
    Tsila

Jul 25, 2008, 10:00 AM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by N0help4u
    When I talk to Cred I specify setting aside religion, and things like that so that he can not lump it all together but he still manages to mix it all together to 'win'

You may state whatever you want. I may specify whatever I want. And I am not bound by - or responsible for - your claims. Only for what I state ...

And your conclusions here are ludicrous ... as usual ...

:rolleyes:
    ·
    Oh Cred,

Here we go again; another trip around the same old mountain, and just as futile as the last. Moreover, you are being just as hostile, so harsh and brash in your post. How sad it makes me that one has to stoop so low when intelligence fails them.

Anyone reading these two posts would not conclude, the latter was actually a reply to the former.

In fact, I have no idea what you are saying here at all. It makes no sense whatsoever, and has nothing to do with what Nohelp4u was explaining.

May I suggest that you read her post again, as I know English is only your 3rd language, perhaps an interpreter could help you to understand what she is saying.

Peace,
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Yeah to keep my sanity I often have to remind myself that things DO get lost in translation with Cred0!! :rolleyes:
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Sassy,

There is *no proof* that a supernatural world exists, therefore it is *YOUR OPINION* that a supernatural exists. That is why religion is called belief/faith... because there is no proof, it is just that someone has *chosen to believe*. They choose because they enjoy believing in a supernatural or fear reality, not because there is a supernatural.

Jul 25, 2008, 11:31 AM
    If someone does not believe in salvation, that does not make it untrue. Just as believing in salvation does not make it true. And if neither can be proven then how is one to decide what to believe?

Definition: Believe

Transitive verb -·lieved, -·liev·ing
    1. to take as true, real, etc.
    2. to have confidence in a statement or promise of (another person)
    3. to suppose or think
    Intransitive verb
    1. to have trust or confidence (in) as being true, real, good, etc.
    2. to have religious faith
    3. to suppose or think
    A collection of knowledge we have obtained in our lives. Or lack thereof. Perhaps hardships that have made us bitter, in some cases hardened out hearts or in others drove us to call out to a Higher Being. Could it be from experience as the Word says,

1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

3And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
    4And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Having for 30 some years believed the Word of God, and put it to the test, standing firm and waiting patiently and seeing the desired results. This of course does not prove to others that it works, but does to the certain individual.

So then, for some it may be that experience…if one has had the experience of being burned then one has faith that if they touch the stove again they will be burned again.

That is belief/faith from experience.

If one prays a prayer that seem impossible, and stands firm, patiently waiting, after due time that prayer becomes a reality, then one by faith believes a second prayer will also be answered.

If one is in a situation where there seems to be no way out and prays to God for help and stands firm, waiting patiently, and then suddenly there is a way out, this one would believe by experience that a second cry for help, or prayer would also be answered.

Science can neither prove nor disprove God, because God created science and gave men the knowledge of it. Can I prove that statement? Of course not! Can anyone disprove it, no!

My question should have been why do you have faith in God, or why do you believe there is no God? Examples requested not irrationalities.

Peace and love,

Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tsila1777
    Allheart, You are so precious, you have such a sweet spirit, and you only want to help and encourage people. It is almost as if you are too good for this world. I know God is so pleased with you. And I too, and appreciative for your kind advice. I will do my best to follow it. As psa 91 states, He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
    I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

That secret place where I am cocooned in His Love and Divine Protection. Thank you so much for reminding me that I am in the world but not of the world and that Christ has overcome the world for our sake.

Blessing to you.
    Tsila - Thank you so much for the kind words. I truly cherish them. And thank you for the hug, because that's exactly what your words felt to me, and I send a huge loving hug right back.

Things of this world can be so very hard, and I am nowhere near perfect, so very far from it, but we have each other always, to love, encourage, and to be able to see the good, in things, and in all people, even if they think and feel differently then us.

Many blessings and hugs to you!

Jul 25, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Tsila - Thank you so much for the kind words. I truly cherish them. And thank you for the hug, because that's exactly what your words felt to me, and I send a huge loving hug right back.

Things of this world can be so very hard, and I am nowhere near perfect, so very far from it, but we have each other always, to love, encourage, and to be able to see the good, in things, and in all people, even if they think and feel differently then us.

Many blessings and hugs to you!

Dear Allheart,

There could not be a more appropriate name for you. I envision you just as your icon. I have no idea what you look like in person, but I have seen your spirit and it is beautiful, sweet and kind.

You have been an example to me on these boards. There is no point trying to argue something that cannot be proven. And no point in taking things personally that others say. I have also come to realize that being polite and considerate even in the face of impolite remarks is better than lowering myself to their standards.

We are called to a higher standard, and to show the Love of God, and His gentleness, and goodness. These things you do so well. And by doing so, have inspired me to attain to that higher standard that God requires of us.

Not that we present ourselves as better than others, but as followers of Christ, who is the Expressed Image of God, we should conduct ourselves in love and peace and joy, so as to be pleasing to Him, and examples to others.

God’s blessing upon you, may you receive your heart’s desire today. (( Allheart )) big hug.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 01:02 PM
    If you believe that *salvation* involves living after you die, then it is your belief/faith, it is not fact-there is no proof that there is a supernatural world.

Many lost people are *saved from themselves* by means other than *believing* in supernatural entities. :)
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Jul 25, 2008, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT
    If it turns out for you that God does exist, just "being good" is not going to get you into heaven. Because your standard of good is not God's standard of good. According to His word you have to accept Jesus Christ as your Advocate because he died so you could be found blameless before the eyes of God.
    No one is good.
    Yeah, but what happpens if it turns out that there is a God, but the stuff you believe in is all wrong, and in fact all He wanted was for people to go out and have a good time and live their lives to their full potential. Then my beer-swilling, fun-loving God's standards are WAY different to yours and it'll be you that won't be going to heaven! Ha ha!

And saying "No one is good" is just ridiculous. No-one is perfect, but there are plenty of good people!

Jul 25, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    If you believe that *salvation* involves living after you die, then it is your belief/faith, it is not fact-there is no proof that there is a supernatural world.

Many lost people are *saved from themselves* by means other than *believing* in supernatural entities. :)
    Of course, it is by faith, that it might be by grace, the gift of God. I do believe salvation includes eternal life, and not just after, I 'die', but here and now. He gave us eternal life; the newborn spirit will never die. How many times have I said it cannot be proven one way or the other?

To me it is a fact; to you it is not because you have no proof. If I had proof, then I would not need faith and it is impossible to please God without faith. So, I am glad I cannot prove it to you, because I would rather please God who loved me before there was time and knew my name.

Jul 25, 2008, 02:55 PM
    [QUOTE]
    Yeah, but what happpens if it turns out that there is a God, but the stuff you believe in is all wrong, and in fact all He wanted was for people to go out and have a good time and live their lives to their full potential. Then my beer-swilling, fun-loving God's standards are WAY different to yours and it'll be you that won't be going to heaven! Ha ha!
    Actually I would be guilty as charged because I been there done that, so you would see you in heaven... lol :D

And saying "No one is good" is just ridiculous. No-one is perfect, but there are plenty of good people!
    It depends on what your standard of "Good" is. Yours is obviously not very high.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 03:20 PM
    All I am saying is you talk about what you *believe*---therefore, it is not fact or proven true. You have to agree with that or risk being intellectually dishonest. Religion is faith/belief.
    **By definition**, it is not fact or proven. You *believe*- it is your opinion-not fact, not proven, not true. You *believe* it is true.

We will have to agree to disagree. :)
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    All I am saying is you talk about what you *believe*---therefore, it is not fact or proven true. You have to agree with that or risk being intellectually dishonest. Religion is faith/belief.
    **By definition**, it is not fact or proven. You *believe*- it is your opinion-not fact, not proven, not true. You *believe* it is true.

We will have to agree to disagree. :)
    Nobody has been arguing that except the non believers who keep dwelling on it.
    We got the point but the conversation keeps getting stuck right there.

Jul 25, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Nobody has been arguing that except the non believers who keep dwelling on it.
    We got the point but the conversation keeps getting stuck right there.
    I agree... lol its becoming ridiculous. :rolleyes:
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 25, 2008, 07:30 PM
    Yeah, but what happpens if it turns out that there is a God ....
    Pascals Wager has already for many years been proved to be logically invalid...

:rolleyes:

·

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is the meaning of christ in hebrew [ 23 Answers ]

What is the meaning (definition) of christ in hebrew

Words of Christ Book [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know whether a book with ONLY the words of Christ, As are provided in the Bible red letter editions. A book with only The Words of Christ and their Bible locations.

Jesus Christ Superstar [ 4 Answers ]

I've just seen the 1973 film adaptation of Jesus Christ Superstar, and was wondering how similar to the original Broadway production it is. For example, was the original set in the first century AD, or in modern times like the film? Thanks Captain O

The return of Jesus Christ [ 131 Answers ]

What are your thoughts about the return of Jesus Christ? Do you think it will be before, during, or after the Great Tribulation? Do you believe it will happen, or not?

About Jesus Christ [ 8 Answers ]

In which ways is and or was worshipped and what was the impact the death had on his respective religion?

View more questions Search