Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Aug 18, 2009, 06:21 PM

Golden Girl mono doesn't really burn that much.. At least for me it hasn't burned much...
    In fact benzylarbutin burned me like crazy when I used to use it.. used to redden me and create bruises.. and take days to heal..

And then once it got better my original colour used to come back...

Neither of the products have worked for me to date...

Try retin a for pink lips... and STOP SMOKING if you do... your lips will get pinkish and GLOSSY... you don't need to apply lip gloss thereon.. it works for me !
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Aug 18, 2009, 07:26 PM

Godiva worked for me, I know it didn't for others but slowly but surely it worked for me.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 10:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    Golden Girl mono doesnt really burn that much .. Atleast for me it hasnt burned much ...
    in fact benzylarbutin burned me like crazy when i used to use it .. used to redden me and create bruises.. and take days to heal..

and then once it got better my orginal colour used to come back...

neither of the products have worked for me to date....

try retin a for pink lips... and STOP SMOKING if you do... your lips will get pinkish and GLOSSY ... you dont need to apply lip gloss thereon .. it works for me !
    Thanks for explaining. The benzyl arbutin I heard is something made up, so I wonder what's really in herbalinn's "benzyl arbutin" anyway?

So sexy are you talking about the godiva lightening for lips? I heard that it can lighten the lips well
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Aug 19, 2009, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    But wouldn't that burn? I thought mono burns?
    Generally speaking, yes, it does burn, peel or irritate skin when in higher concentrations, such as 40% or above. However, using very low doses or dilutes between 1% all the way to about 10% will not burn, and at the very least, just tingle at first. I'd recommend starting at 3%, and gradually increasing it up to 5%.

For maximum results, use a skin lightening maintainer as well, such as Arbutin or Kojic Acid. The Monobenzone (when used once every 1 to 2 days) will decrease melanocyte activity and presence without too much harm, while the maintainer simply prevents the existing cells from producing more melanin via tyrosine, the actual skin darkener.

Aug 19, 2009, 12:36 PM

Quick edit - I've never really heard of Benzyl-Arbutin to be honest. I'd stick with the all natural, and proven Alpha or Beta Arbutin. I've used concentrations of 5-10% over the course of 2 months, with no side effects or burning, other than gradual skin lightening.
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 04:14 PM
    Yeah I have read so many good things about Alpha and Beta Arbutin. From what I have researched, Benzyl Arbutin is a chemical that does not exist... except on HerbalInn's website. But, when you Google it, only comments from forums come up about it. For all we know it's made of acid... lol

Aug 19, 2009, 08:18 PM

Indeed; there's no such thing nor a term coined as 'Benzyl-Arbutin'. That alone proves that using such a chemical is a bad idea, or even useless.

From past reviews, "Benzyl-Arbutin" does NOT work, and I'd recommend that people not buy such products. (That goes for the said herbalin.com, monobenzone.net, and other sites that have been found as scam sites owned by a single owner.)

----------------------------------------------------------

Anyhow, a bit of good news for all you people interested in seeing results with Monobenzone. I've just ordered a 20 gram tube of Mac Labs Benoquin, directly from India. Not only is this cheaper, but will prove whether generic brands specifically work, especially when diluted.

Wish me the best of luck; I'll be posting results within the next few weeks or so.
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2009, 11:56 AM
    I hope your new product works out for you. Keep us updated with your progress.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightening products [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam, Does it right that the skin lightening pills really makes your skin more lighter? Does the Gluthatione whitening pill with its ingredients (alpha lipoic acid, grapeseed, etc... ) make your skin light if taking it regularly or does it have a side effect in health or body? My...

Skin Lightening Products [ 1 Answers ]

What are some harmless products that I can use to lighten my skin complexion in less than two weeks?

Civant skincare lightening products [ 2 Answers ]

Does the products really works?

View more questions Search