Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Never trust what friends say, NEVER. But your very intent on following your own advice so do so.
    kgreen44 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 05:36 PM
    They are HER friends, they have nothing to gain from telling me these things. Look, I'm not trying to convince myself my ex is pining over me. Of course I know that's not the case, but yes, there is something funny that's been going on. I'm quite realistic about the situation I'm in, I'm just on this site to seek out help from those that understand and can give advice! Enough of your emails, they are just too negative and don't relate to what I'm writing!

Apr 25, 2008, 05:41 PM
    If anyone on here has advice, I'd really appreciate it. Sorry talaniman, but please don't reply anymore. I really need suggestions from people here, I have soooo many people in my life saying "get over it" that hearing more of the same online is excessive and NOT productive.

Just those that have something productive to say, please help if you can. Thank you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 07:16 PM
    Ok, you don't want to hear what you should do, all this keeping track or her, worrying abouit her and wanting her back will leave you the single old man with 20 cats latter on in life.

She moved on, she found someone, so you start living your life, dating, making new friends and if you feel like checking on the ex, don't.

Anything else will just be more years of pain. If you have to move to get away from the area she lives, move.

Apr 25, 2008, 07:30 PM
    I'm just trying to get advice on what I can say to her. I live on the opposite side of the country from her and am not keeping track of her 24 hours a day. But hearing that she's engaged has thrown me into feeling devastated and I want to be able to express the right thing to her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 08:39 PM
    sorry talaniman, but please don't reply anymore.
    Sorry guy but not your call, and not to be rude, but out of the 40 some replies, and you still don't have the advice you need to make a good decision, then basically doesn't that tell you something you may need to know? We all know you won't be happy until someone comes and tell you what you want to hear. Life seldom works that way and the advice I hope you take to heart is if your determined to run head first into a brick wall, please wear a helmet.

Apr 26, 2008, 12:01 AM
    Hey guys,

Have any of you had your ex's get engaged and how did you respond? Did you send a note? Did anyone try to express themselves one last time?
    Witchywoman1212 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2008, 04:54 PM
    K green Google attract your ex back through LOA, get on the posting boards
    You will never get what you REALLY want by fear,get it?
    Sent u a pm, goodly luck
    nickshehe Posts: 254, Reputation: 47

Apr 26, 2008, 07:21 PM
    I feel sorry for you man.. but I have to agree with the other advice you're getting..
    If you care about her like you claim you do, then stop being selfish and let her be happy as she is, and give her your blessings.
    It would be selfish of you to suddenly barge back into her life now that she's moved on without you.. If you loved her and if you truly believed that you two were special, then she will come back to you if she feels the same.. If she doesn't - this means she's happy, and you should be happy for her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search