Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 28, 2007, 09:35 PM
    The answer is plain and simple. If you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen. Meaning, if you don't like how you are treated at home, you are what 20, get out of the house you are a big kid now, learn to make your own decisions.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 28, 2007, 10:57 PM
    If I remember right, the school you are attending is in the loop, downtown Chicago, if you can't find a social life there, then you will never have one.
    tombabula Posts: 35, Reputation: -3

Jun 29, 2007, 12:37 AM
    Well guys thanks for advices. Even though some of them I did not like, I start think all answers gives me better direction than my private visits to mental health counselor from my college. So far I have been there 4 times and paid $5 (reasonable price) for each 1 hour session. Most of the time the shrink just listened to me but like he couldn't give answers. He has Master Degree in Psychology but is not certified yet so he is under control supervisor to whom he sends the results of our sessions. I am starting to think whether I should stop going me maybe because it justs does not solve problems but instead I refresh memory about things I should forget.

Regarding my parents, I would like to explain why I lost their credibility (however partially, not wholly though) on giving directions for my life. Before I lived in Chicagoland, I lived first year in Massachusetts in western suburbs. We lived then close to cousins. I remember always my uncle coming to our house. He talked with my mother about a lot of things, especially a lot about religious prophecies about the End of America. He referred to "heard things" from Nostradamus or folk stories. They used to say that America is going down, that the war will destroy, etc etc. I heard that there is no jobs, just higher prices, everything blows up. Then they used to say oh that in Europe is much better that in America. That in Germany is better. Oh and that America is uneducated, stupid nation, bla blah blah. I think they said a lot of nonsense. Since I very like this country and I prefer here the style much better than in Poland, it made me feel bad to hear all those things.

After one year later, we moved quickly to Chicago. The decision was made very quickly, within 3 months, I think too quick. I was not willing to move since I had left senior year in high school to finish and there I had some few friends with whom I hanged out on some weekends.( Yeah I kind of exaggerated little bit that I had no social life at all. I had in some part of my history. ) My sister convinced my parents to come to Chicago. In suburbs. I was asking once my parents or sister (I don't remember), shoudn't my dad have first found job and then buy there house and move? Instead, no, she convinced my parents to move, that we can live with her and her boyfriend with their son(now they are married). That dad will have job found and then we'll get the house. Later my parents (and me) regretted that decision to move. My father did not have show for many months. Now things today are much in better shape and have own apartment.

When she argued why I shouldn not take more loan to afford living on-campus housing, one of the reasons she used was that economy is going down. True or false? I think it's false! The cost of living went high but the rise went too, though not as fast as inflation.l

One of the posts said that I should just only now focus on goals, not regrets. I will do that. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

My poor friend [ 6 Answers ]

Okay my best friend is a perfectionist... also she has OCD. She gets depressed if things she does don't live up to her standers... and that makes her throw up. She is also annorexic.. and if she does eat she throws it all back up! I don't no what to do. SHESLITS HER WRIST TOO!! :( Really...

Step father too strict? Maybe its me? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey All, Well this is gonna seem like an in depth story but I really need some help here. My sister got pregnant when she was 16. She had her daughter and then a year later became pregnant again with her son. Ever since she was pregnant with her daughter I have emotionally and financially...

My poor puppy [ 2 Answers ]

I never owned a dog before and just bought a Bichon Frise. It has been a rough start. The lady that sold him said he had no prior problems. I bought him at 5 months old, only been 6 weeks since I've had him. I have this rash and it looks like little bites. OR it could be an allergic reaction. ...

Poor pocket rich in love mother of seven [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any government grants to start a small buss. I want to make it in this life and have a good life for my children

View more questions Search