Geez, you have no respect.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 09:57 AM
    I am soory. My coffee pot won't work.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 09:58 AM
    This is not about respect or coffee... although I see the link...
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 10:17 AM
    The only comedians I have ever seen make fun of Canada are Canadians. But, I live a sheltered life...

You are taught that Americans are "selfish, ruthless and take advantage of Canadians." Can you provide one example of this?

I won't dismiss the service of the Canadian Peacekeepers, but they are rather a small force. This excerpt is from the United Nations Association in Canada. United Nations Association in Canada

As of 30 June 2006, there are more than 90,000 personnel serving on 18 UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO) -led peace operations on four continents in ten time zones, directly impacting the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Almost 64,200 of those currently serving are troops and military observers and about 7,500 are police personnel. In addition, there are almost 5,250 international civilian personnel, more than 11,300 local civilian staff and some 1,720 UN Volunteers.

I am sorry that at a young age you have learned to hate so much. Maybe you should take a visit down south and see we're not as evil as your teacher portrays us.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 04:16 PM
    In Australia we are taught that Canada is a state of America... Talk about prejudiced teachers getting it wrong! ;)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Australia, that's like New Zealand right?
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Oct 2, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Why does a country have to be better than other? Its not the country it's the people. And For you American haters, do you know every American to say you hate America? Canadian Haters, Do you know every canadian to know say that you hate Cananda? No. So just give up, no country can be better, only its leaders can better or worse.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Oct 2, 2007, 04:55 PM
    Don't feel bad about us Americans making fun of you. I would actually say Canadians are farther down the list of people we make fun of. Here is a list of people we make fun of more than you and/or have a more popular stereotype:

Mexicans
    French
    Italians
    Middle-Easterners
    Asians
    English
    Irish
    Texans
    Indians (real Indians)
    Indians (fake Indians [aka Native Americans])

Don't worry, America is a community that has equal opportunities of making fun ethnic groups!
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Love-Life
    Tell me if Im wrong, but most Americans are ignorant to Canada's way of life, and in response to that, are very rude to us.
    Well, I will admit that many (but probably not most) Americans are ignorant of other cultures, and may often be rude to foreigners. But they're like that with everybody, not just Canadians. Hell, they're even like that with people from a different state or city within the US. Don't take it personally.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Oct 2, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    Well, I will admit that many (but probably not most) Americans are ignorant of other cultures, and may often be rude to foreigners. But they're like that with everybody, not just Canadians. Hell, they're even like that with people from a different state or city within the US. Don't take it personally.

Its not just americans its every country. When I'm on xbox or some other community of people around the world, there are ignornant people from all over the world. In fact from xbox most of the ignorant people are from England. But that's just xbox, it all depends where you are and who you are surrouned by
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 05:05 PM
    I would take a truck load of Canadians over one English. The English really are a nasty lot.
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 05:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by worthbeads
    Don't feel bad about us Americans making fun of you. I would actually say Canadians are farther down the list of people we make fun of. Here is a list of people we make fun of more than you and/or have a more popular stereotype:

Mexicans
    French
    Italians
    Middle-Easterners
    Asians
    English
    Irish
    Texans
    Indians (real Indians)
    Indians (fake Indians [aka Native Americans])

Don't worry, America is a community that has equal opportunities of making fun ethnic groups!
    Don't forget Okies!
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Yankees should be on that list, too!

Oct 2, 2007, 05:59 PM
    And don't even get me started on Wisconsiners!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 2, 2007, 06:18 PM
    Here in the south, there are two types of yankees, the "darn" yankees, and the regular yankees, the difference is the regular yankees will go home back up north
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 06:29 PM
    And the "Darn Yankies what? End up in a swamp with 30 foot of chain wrapped around them.
    star3114 Posts: 234, Reputation: 44

Oct 2, 2007, 06:33 PM
    In my neck of the woods we make fun of people from Iowa. We call them Io-wegians. Do I hate people from Iowa? No. My best friend is originally from Iowa and he jokes about my state. You just have to have a sense of humor. It is human nature to make fun of that that is different. Nothing personal.

Oct 2, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Wisconsiners are worse.
    star3114 Posts: 234, Reputation: 44

Oct 2, 2007, 06:48 PM
    LOL... What makes them worse?

Oct 2, 2007, 06:51 PM
    They are the worst drivers in the world.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

America and mexico [ 80 Answers ]

Do you think that the government should either build a fence across the us-mexico border or do something else to stop the flow of illegal immigrants?

Moving from America. [ 1 Answers ]

My friend moved to America some years ago but is still a UK citizen. She has had 2 children whilst over there and the are American citizens how could she move back to England with her children? She really needs to come back.

Cuban to america to canada to in limbo [ 2 Answers ]

I will make is short and brief. I am dating a cuban. His storey is that he left cuba to marry an american, but got himself in trouble with the law ( charged with intent of arson, and threats). He was charged and was supposed to serve time but fled to canada before serving his time or applying...

Only in America [ 5 Answers ]

Only in America 1. Only in America... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance. 2. Only in America... are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink. 3. Only in America... do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their...

View more questions Search