Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 6, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babz888
    well am 15 and am dating a 29 year old...i luv him n wudnt change him for the world!!! i fink if yous r happy together...go for it...xOx:)
    I strongly suggest you get counseling. The only thing a 29 year old wants from a 15 year old is sex. And if you are having sex with him he's going to jail! Where are your parents in this?

This creep is exploiting you! I know you won't believe me, but I guarantee it. You will find out to your detriment in the not too distant future.
    Confused_On_Color Posts: 97, Reputation: 3

Aug 9, 2007, 12:46 PM
    It's illegal unless you are having intercorse with out the girls parents consent. If you have their consent to date her then no it is completely legal
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 12:55 PM
    well am 15 and am dating a 29 year old...i luv him n wudnt change him for the world!!! i fink if yous r happy together...go for it...xOx:)
    Your boyfriend is breaking the law, but I know it is a HOT and fun affair... but be careful.
    I know he's a great guy but the law is not so sure... what does he do for a living if I may ask?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 9, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    It's also worth mentionning this is a post originally from March, so whatever happened already happened. They probably dated and broke up by now.
    Or some one put his smart A$$ in jail.:eek:
    babz888 Posts: 52, Reputation: -5

Aug 9, 2007, 04:31 PM
    No we've been dating for about a year now... I lied about my age for about the 1st 6 months because I bad and went clubbin and he happened to be in that club... I told him I was 19... we dated and I started to really like him and then I decided to tell him... he was angry and unhappy at the start but he z he loved me and if my mum was OK with it he like to carry on the way we were.. my mum was upset when I told her but agreed.. she z she would only do it to make me happy... xOx p.s... dnt c y his should b in jail... and I don't need conselling.. ive had it.. thnkx for the advice anyway.

Aug 9, 2007, 04:53 PM
    No we've been dating for about a year now...i lied about my age for about the 1st 6 months because i bad and went clubbin and he happened to be in that club ...i told him i was 19 ...we dated and i started to really like him and then i decided to tell him...he was angry and unhappy at the start but he z he loved me and if my mum was ok with it he like to carry on the way we were.. my mum was upset when i told her but agreed ..she z she would only do it to make me happy... xOx p.s ...dnt c y his should b in jail...and i dont need conselling..ive had it..thnkx for the advice anyway.
    OK, that does change the situation somewhat. At least he makes him less of an exploiter. But if you are having sex, then he stands a good chance of going to jail. Whether your parents consent or not, in many states statutory rape laws don't take consent into account. An adult have sex with an minor means jail, period. If ANYONE reports this to the police, he's in big trouble.

And I would try a different counselor. Obviously the one you worked with didn't help.

Aug 9, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Confused_On_Color
    It's illegal unless you are having intercorse with out the girls parents consent. If you have their consent to date her then no it is completely legal

Huh? Its illegal IF you are having sex whether the parents consent or not. If not illegal to just date.

Aug 9, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Well I live in the uk... not legal to have sex until your 16... everyone no's we're dating and everyone seems to be happy with us being together because we seem to be making each other happy. I think I may be pregnant to him atm but haven't taken a test to comfirm it. We're in love.
    I was depressed for a while when I was 13.. have been seeing a counselor ever since, actually been seeing 2. both of them said it was a bad idea,when I 1st told them then they both seen a change for the worst in me again as they both told me I had to end it.. I don't think they mind me dating him now.. think they o I am in love... he won't go to jail, I'll simply say I lied about my age... I have fake i.d and could easily prove he didn't no. xox

Ash123... hes a postman :)

Aug 9, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Well I don't know about the laws in the UK, but if you are pregnant he could very well be going to jail. May not matter if you lied. In many places just the fact of having sex with a minor may land him in jail.

Frankly, I don't think you are in love, you are in love with the idea of being in love. Someone treats you like an adult and cares for you and that makes you feel better. But as soon as you told him, he should have distanced himself from you.

Aug 10, 2007, 04:01 AM
    He didn't distance himself from me and I'm 100% sure I'm in love :) he won't go to jail :) x
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 05:15 AM
    So sad your life is built around lies and deceit, and to keep it, you must keep lying and decieving people. Doesn't sound like a healthy way to live, and it sure ain't love.

Aug 10, 2007, 05:29 AM
    Well it was like that... its not anymore... he knows what age I am now so hardly built round lies and deciet... it was only abit of fun at the start of the relationship until we started getting close... I feel in love with him... we're in love... no1's goina change that...

Aug 10, 2007, 06:57 AM
    he didnt distance himself from me and i'm 100% sure im in love :) he wont go to jail :) x
    You don't know that he won't. It may not be up to you. The fact is he had sex with an underage minor. Whether it was consensual, whether he believed she was legal may not matter. I wopuld suggest he consult a solicitor immediately.

well it was like that...its not anymore...he knows wht age i am now so hardly built round lies and deciet....it was only abit of fun at the start of the relationship until we started gettin close...i feel in love with him...we're in love...no1's goina change that...
    The relationship still started with deceit. This means there may always be an element of doubt in his mind about your honesty. Again, you may think you are in love. You may actually be in love. But given your age and history, I would venture to say that its more likely you are just infatuated and while no person may change that, I suspect time will.

Aug 10, 2007, 07:18 AM
    It won't... I no it won't and so does he... we're getting married nxt year when I'm 16. I don't care what anyone says we're both determined... just because you may have doubts if a girl lied to you don't mean he will... I had my reasons and he noes that. Xox
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 09:39 AM
    My guess: divorce by 25. But I hope I'm wrong.

Aug 10, 2007, 09:40 AM
    I hope you are to lol... I doubt it though :) x
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Is that your pic? U look much older than 13... U look older than I am, guess how old I am?

Aug 10, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Lol you look about 19 :):) and your v.pretty.. I am 15 and yes that's me in the picture xOx
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 10:30 AM
    LOL, thank you!nah, I am older than that:D

Aug 10, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Lol how old are you? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A pregnant 16 year old by a 14 year old [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 16 year old girl who is prenant by a 14 year old boy. Can she or he get introuble in the state of MO by law. I'am I doing right by Not letting she see him or talk to him... What should I do... They Say they love each other all the time... Love Buddy and Melani :confused

Is it legal to kick my 18 year old student out? [ 1 Answers ]

I can no longer handle having my 18 year old kid in my house... is it legal to kick him out in the state of Georgia even though he is still in high school? He has done no drugs or anything illegal... he just refuses to obey. Thanks.

Full-year for Federal, Part-year for State ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an alien and comply with the qualification for full-year tax resident for Federal, but not with my state's where I should be considered as a part-year tax resident. Is it a problem if my status are different for federal and state, or does my federal status "overwrite" my state status...

6th Year F1, Converted to H-1B last year [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ATE, Thank you so much for everything you have done for all of us. I really really appreciate your help and advice. You are THE man! My case is like that: I came to US on F1 in 08/2000, and had been on F1 until I got my H-1B visa on Nov. 1st last year. From last May to last Oct. I...

View more questions Search