Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andrewyha Posts: 20, Reputation: 6

Sep 21, 2007, 12:48 AM
    Capuchin, you sound like an existentialist. Existentialism is where man becomes the judge and jury of what is right or wrong. Also what facts are you referring to?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2007, 12:54 AM
    A fact is something that can be observed to be true, like "a ball falls when you drop it" and "my hair is pretty messy this morning" or "glass is transparent".

Sep 21, 2007, 01:06 AM
    God Himself is not observable, being a Spirit, but His actions are observable by us as physical beings. We have as many facts about God as we do about the wind.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2007, 04:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewyha
    God Himself is not observable, being a Spirit, but His actions are observable by us as physical beings. We have as many facts about God as we do about the wind.
    Please carry on.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Sep 21, 2007, 06:12 AM
    Try searching for him with all your heart :)

Sep 21, 2007, 08:06 AM
    To elaborate a little more, God's actions are observable because of the law of cause and effect. The universe is one big effect so we must look for one big cause, God. His creation is proof for His being ,even as a painting is proof for a painter, or a building is proof for a builder.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2007, 09:21 AM
    What proof do you have the universe is an effect?
    What caused God?
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man
    You said it...God is omnipotent, omipresent, omniscient; He is an entity not human as we know humans to be...

You my friend, in my opinion, are an "over analyzer" some things can and should be thought through other things are best left on faith or belief
    From a book I'm reading:

"... omnipotence, omniscience, goodness, creativity of design, to say nothing of such human attributes as listening to prayers, forgiving sins and reading innermost thoughts. Incidentally, it has not escaped the notice of logicians that omniscience and omnipotence are mutually incompatible. If god is omniscient, he must already know how he is going to intervene to change the course of history using his omnipotence. But that means he can't change his mind about his intervention, which means he's not omnipotent. Karen Owen has captured this witty little paradox in equally engaging verse:

Can an omniscient god, who
    Knows the future, find
    The omnipotence to
    Change his future mind?"

And you say "over analyzer like it's a BAD thing to think beyond what is handed to you. Huh?
    Marzapan741 Posts: 478, Reputation: 14

Sep 21, 2007, 01:54 PM
    >.< Seriosuly this got way off topic. If I knew how to shut this down I would.
    I only asked about what you think God is (human/spirit/nationality) is if he had one, well could have one now its going onto the future and what caused god.

I feel like 7474 people stole my board
    ><
    Either that or I'm reading everythign wrong.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xAjikanx
    >.< Seriosuly this got way off topic. If I knew how to shut this down I would.
    I only asked about what you think God is (human/spirit/nationality) is if he had one, well could have one now its going onto the future and what caused god.

I feel like 7474 peopel stole my board
    ><
    either that or im reading everythign wrong.
    Just a word of advise (if you like it-take it or not like it-leave it:))

Sometimes it is good to read the different responses and make your own opinion based on it
    Or you could just read the responses and choose the ones you think is appropriate and add them to your knowledge base for later reference.

Or ignore those you do not think is needed, and go along with those you want to respond to and continue discussing.

It is your question,but personally I think it is rather interesting to read different views,I do that all the time and most of the time people express views the opposite of mine(and their views do not make much difference to my views regarding faith,but other information I have found to be quite useful at times).

That is the best part of a public forum, you get to hear all different views... it is fun if you do not take all of them too seriously:p

Sep 21, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Oh no its not that I don't like reading different views, its just I'm majorly confused at what's going on lol
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 08:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xAjikanx
    Oh no its not that i dont liek reading diffrent views, its just im majorly confused at whats going on lol
    That's good to know.

So ask each member about their post for an explanation, I am sure they will be glad to help.

Or if the confusion is regarding something else, ask about it, you never know who might have a solution for your confusion.. :)

Sep 21, 2007, 09:18 PM
    Haha thank you :)

Who knew this topic would have gotten so many responses
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 09:20 PM
    Questions about spiritual beliefs always goes a long way... :)

Sep 21, 2007, 09:28 PM
    Haha this is true.
    XD
    MoonlitWaves Posts: 171, Reputation: 52

Sep 21, 2007, 09:42 PM
    Who is God? God is light (good), God is your creator and Father. The one and ONLY true living God. If we're talking looks then we will never know until we see him. In John 4:24 Jesus states that God is a spirit therefore we must worship him in spirit. That means God is not human. In 1 John 4:12 John states that no man has seen God. I don't know this, but I wouldn't think God has the sexual anatomy of a man though He is the Father. But I don't believe it's about being male or female. He is thought of as the Father because of the.. what's the word.. empasis/status he put on males. For example, God created man to be dominate. Since He has dominion over all things then He wouldn't be veiwed as the mother, would he? Maybe it's a way for our minds to comprehend Him. The act of sex means nothing to Him and will mean nothing in Heaven so I don't think He has a penis. I believe that with creating man and woman He knew He wanted them to multiply so He created the anatomy to get the job done. It is obvious that spirits have the essence of a human form because we were created in His own image. Will we have sexual anatomy in Heaven? I don't think so, but I don't know. Truthfully, it isn't important. Not to me anyway. Getting to Heaven is what is important to me. I trust God to take care of the rest. I don't know where.. I would have to look it up, but I believe it states that His spirit emits light so bright that man cannot look upon Him, not in those specific words either, but you get the drift. I suppose that is why He is never seen by human eyes throughout the Bible, before, during and after. But when we get to Heaven we will be made perfect and I do believe we will therefore be able to behold Him. But don't forget Jesus... Jesus is God in the flesh. There you have it... the only way I can explain who God is.

Sep 22, 2007, 08:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonlitWaves
    Who is God? God is light (good), God is your creator and Father. The one and ONLY true living God. If we're talking looks then we will never know until we see him. In John 4:24 Jesus states that God is a spirit therefore we must worship him in spirit. That means God is not human. In 1 John 4:12 John states that no man has seen God. I don't know this, but I wouldn't think God has the sexual anatomy of a man though He is the Father. But I don't believe it's about being male or female. He is thought of as the Father because of the..what's the word..empasis/status he put on males. For example, God created man to be dominate. Since He has dominion over all things then He wouldn't be veiwed as the mother, would he? Maybe it's a way for our minds to comprehend Him. The act of sex means nothing to Him and will mean nothing in Heaven so I don't think He has a penis. I believe that with creating man and woman He knew He wanted them to multiply so He created the anatomy to get the job done. It is obvious that spirits have the essence of a human form because we were created in His own image. Will we have sexual anatomy in Heaven? I don't think so, but I don't know. Truthfully, it isn't important. Not to me anyway. Getting to Heaven is what is important to me. I trust God to take care of the rest. I don't know where..I would have to look it up, but I believe it states that His spirit emits light so bright that man cannot look upon Him, not in those specific words either, but you get the drift. I suppose that is why He is never seen by human eyes throughout the Bible, before, during and after. But when we get to Heaven we will be made perfect and I do believe we will therefore be able to behold Him. But don't forget Jesus... Jesus is God in the flesh. There you have it... the only way I can explain who God is.
    Even though these are all opinions, this has got to be one of the best answers I've read.

Thank you for sharing and thank you for everyone else who replied, your information was very intresting as well.

Thanks everyone :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About God [ 9 Answers ]

Can a person find or lose God? And how?

What, who, where is GOD? [ 14 Answers ]

After seeing a movie my 4 year old is asking about GOD. How do you explain GOD to a 4 year old in terms he can understand?

God! [ 51 Answers ]

What does God look like? HANK :)

Is God Just One ? [ 42 Answers ]

In Christisn, as God; In Islam, as Allah; In Hindus, as Krisna... Why are there so many Gods ?

View more questions Search