Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2021, 07:54 PM
    such a shame about that, you elect a tyrant and oppose everything he does
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 11, 2021, 12:44 AM
    Guilty, but the tyrant is gone, at least from office. The cult followers remain.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2021, 04:19 AM
    Tal disparages 72 million American voters as a cult . You see ;this is the real issue . To the left it is not a matter of a difference of opinion. It is not enough to defeat the opposition . They have to be cancelled like what Stalin and Mao did . There is talk among the left that say Trump supporters need 'deprogramming ' AOC in committee hearings suggested that the Federal Government should fund such an effort . I have also heard that from other so called responsible Dem leaders and their compliant press.
    Expert

Feb 11, 2021, 05:20 AM
    I don't put all the ones who voted for the dufus in the same category. Just the loony ones. Are you putting the 80 million who voted for Biden into one category?
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2021, 05:28 AM
    see all the examples of the cancel culture i have posted on the Parler OP . I will post more in the coming days as I see them in the news almost daily . AOC's committee recommendations being the latest . She is not fringe in the party. She is partnering with Schmucky more often. Why ? Because the Schmuckster thinks she will primary him if he doesn't cow tow to her agenda.
    Expert

Feb 11, 2021, 05:31 AM
    You mean like Mitch and repubs kowtow to the dufus STILL? Yeah those primaries are scary. Joes starting to catch it about following science and opening schools. Seems a simple concession to ramp up teacher vaccinations as supplies become more abundant.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2021, 06:13 AM
    Right on cue is this story. "Gina Carano faces backlash for social media posts, 'not currently employed' by 'Star Wars'"

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...oyed-star-wars
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2021, 06:40 AM
    AOC wants us deprogrammed
    AOC proposes funding to deprogram white supremacists (nypost.com)

Axios wants us deprogrammed
    How to deprogram America's extremists - Axios

The Compost talks of deprogramming Trump supporters
    Opinion | Why is it so hard to deprogram Trumpian conspiracy theorists? - The Washington Post

so does Vanity Fair
    “So Many Great, Educated, Functional People Were Brainwashed”: Can Trump’s Cult of Followers Be Deprogrammed? | Vanity Fair

CNN floated the idea too
    Cult expert explains how to deprogram Trump's most fanatical supporters - YouTube

So does Katie Couric .She wants Trump supporting lawmakers deprogrammed
    Katie Couric's GOP comments meet controversy (pagesix.com)

The Compost columnist Eugene Robinson reckons the number of Americans who need to be deprogrammed is in the “millions.” .
    . .

An attorney for PBS was caught on camera saying the children of Trump supporters should be taken away from their parents and put in reeducation camps.
    PBS attorney fired after video shows him pushing for 're-education camps' for Trump voters | WCTI (wcti12.com)
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2021, 09:13 AM
    All of which should both scare and arouse everyone. It is surely one of those issues that we can unite around. There's not much worse than the government thinking it can tell us what to believe.
    Expert

Feb 12, 2021, 08:28 AM
    Chicago schools reopen doors after tough union fight (msn.com)
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2021, 02:57 AM
    let's move to Pittsburgh where every school in surrounding districts are open except Pittsburgh . There the teacher's unions are demanding that all teachers are vaccinated before returning to class. In a letter to school board president Sylvia Wilson, the union executive committee said: “Overall, we find that our membership is anxious to get back to their students, but they want to do it safely, once they have been vaccinated with both doses of either the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine.” Pittsburgh Public Schools is considering moving back the start day again .... this time until April 6. But you know that there is no way all the teacher's in the district will get both doses of vaccine unless they cut in line of others who's life could depend on it .

Salena Zito reports about Lena Carson who was pulling straight A’s at the city’s Creative and Performing Arts Magnet school before the pandemic. But now her straight A’s have dipped to D’s, and Lena says she struggles to complete assignments, not because she can’t but because of the lost will. “I have nothing to look forward to,” she said.
    The hardest part for her is all of the false starts. “Four times over the past year, we’ve been told we were going back, given a date, and then a few days before, and sometimes a day before, we are supposed to get to the classroom, they abruptly change the rules,” she said.
    SALENA ZITO: The kids are not all right | Salena Zito | martinsvillebulletin.com

The Dems say to follow the science . The science says that it is safer to be in school then many activities teachers routinely participate in . Schools have not been the super spreader locations that they were predicted to be .The teachers that have preexisting conditions can get their vaccination now . The rest of them should shut up and get in line like the rest of us ;and go to work .Most of the rest of the country does not get paid to park themselves on a comfortable chair at home pretending to work . It is a disservice to the students and to the parents who's taxes pay their salaries

Hannah Bedeck, a sophomore at CAPA 6-12, said as the district approaches the one-year mark of online learning, it has become increasingly difficult for students to maintain a positive mindset and healthy work ethic.
    She expressed concern that her virtual education has not met the standard that it would have had she been in school.
    “Though we are still attending class in some aspect, the curricula are nowhere near as rigorous as they would have been in person,” she said. “Without midterms and other benchmarks, we are not held to the same academic standards as we would have been otherwise.”
    Rift appears between parents, staff before Pittsburgh Public Schools reopening vote | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (post-gazette.com)
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2021, 06:32 AM
    Sad that we sit back and watch these lazy buzzards act in a way that makes one thing very clear. They believe school systems exist primarily to benefit the teachers, and in particular the liberal dem teachers who belong to a union. So the students are the ones suffering, along with their parents, while the teachers are having what amounts to an extended vacation. Just more evidence of a lazy, distracted electorate.
    Expert

Feb 13, 2021, 07:21 AM
    Geez Tom if this pandemic and the response to it has traumatized adults and parents then it's no wonder the kids are suffering too. Doesn't matter where you go, it's the same everywhere. Heck half the population was traumatized by the dufus before the frigging pandemic.

4 years of hollering screaming chaos will do that. Not going quietly and gracefully into the sunset doesn't help anyone either.
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2021, 07:56 AM
    Trump's legal team has effectively destroyed the liberal dems kangaroo court impeachment case, and the vote Monday will be far short of the votes needed, so what happens next? Will there be a move to borrow more money to send checks to people who don't need it?
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2021, 04:48 PM
    didn't happen . Even the Dems realized they have more important things to do.

so you can't answer why every other district surrounding Pittsburgh is open for business ;but not Pittsburgh .
    Expert

Feb 13, 2021, 05:37 PM
    They put Beutler's story on the record and moved to close and vote, but all the big city schools will be opening like the smaller burbs soon. What? You going to beetch about dem cities one by one? In another few weeks you'll run out of that talking point.
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2021, 05:49 PM
    in the aggregate this proves that the Dems don't care as much about doing things "for the Children " as they proclaim . Even Quid in the end is going to have to put the unions in their place.
    Expert

Feb 13, 2021, 05:54 PM
    We know you repubs never cared about the kids either and that was before covid so keep it real. With all this school choice crap, I haven't heard a peep about the majority with NO choice.

I'm all ears!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gordon lightfoot [ 10 Answers ]

I want to dress like gordon lightfoot for halloween - no idea how though. How do I?

Town of creepy people who all seem to have a secret. Stranger comes into town. [ 2 Answers ]

What was that movie called where the man goes into a town and it's filled with evil people who all seem to have a secret and who are not going to let him leave alive. I can't remember if they're cannibals and plan on eating him. It might have been a TV movie. I think it was from the late 70s or...

Mother left child in care of parents and father is out of town of town working [ 2 Answers ]

Mother has custody of the child and father has joint custody of the child .Mother has left child with her parents for four days now. Her father(grandparent ) just contacted the father to let him know that she has not returned home and is recorded to have a drug problem in the past which was...

If you were a mayor for the day what will you do? [ 2 Answers ]

Okkk... well, I need to wright about "if you would be a mayor for the day what will you do?" All I know is that I will lower gas prices... Also I would help cleaning the environment... Also I would have more highways and acces roads... ... ..

View more questions Search