Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2011, 06:53 AM

I created this op and definitely did not mention mental illness in the opening comment.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 06:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I created this op and definitely did not mention mental illness in the opening comment.
    I'll agree, but can you show me what this actually has to do with Palin?

While you were in your cozy bed all night, I was up researching this man. It is evident that he is suffering from political, yes I said political, delusions which is common, along with religious delusions, caused by schizophrenia.

Unfortunately, I am no longer at work, and it would take hours for me to research the links I read/watched to provide them here.

Let's see, he wants to create not one, but 3 kinds of currency... has problems with grammar... thinks he is a "conscious dreamer." If that's not mental illness, I don't know what is.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2011, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I'll agree, but can you show me what this actually has to do with Palin?
    Hello again, J:

I'm trying to DO that very thing... I suggest that this NUT might have seen some crosshairs, I mean "surveyors marks", painted on his LOCAL congresswoman's district, and DID something about it...

You, along with tom and every other right winger in the world DON'T agree... Cool... But, don't close the thread because of it.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2011, 07:06 AM

It was I and not Ex who brought Palin up.
    For what it's worth ;this is a discussion board ;not a topic board... and unless the conversation gets personally hostile or offensive the discussions should not be removed regardless of the direction they take.

Much of my research has been lost because discussion have been closed for what in my opinion were flimsy reasons.

I as the op author do not have an issue with the direct it takes .I also think it could easily support multiple discussions as other op's have turned
    Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, J:

I'm trying to DO that very thing... I suggest that this NUT might have seen some targets, I mean crosshairs, painted on his LOCAL congresswoman's district, and DID something about it...

You, along with tom and every other right winger in the world DON'T agree... Cool... But, don't close the thread because of it.

excon
    But I'm wondering if he "saw" them or if he "saw" them. From my research last night it is apparent he is suffering from delusions.

It appears that he may be creating a "panic" from something that is not really there. In mental health it's called mass hysteria.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2011, 07:10 AM

I suggest that this NUT might have seen some crosshairs, I mean "surveyors marks", painted on his LOCAL congresswoman's district, and DID something about it...
    Perhaps .His rants don't suggest that. I could also mention his drug use burned out some of his wiring. But I have no evidence of that either.
    Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 07:11 AM

Okay. If you will take a look at this video and tell me what you think... please?

YouTube - Jared Lee Loughner "Introduction Video"

Does it make sense to you?
    Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 07:14 AM

I doubt I have your attention, but if I do... can you make sense of this?

YouTube - Hello
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2011, 07:15 AM
    But I'm wondering if he "saw" them or if he "saw" them. From my research last night it is apparent he is suffering from delusions.
    Hello again, J:

No one can, or ever will get into his head. I'm NOT saying that there's a DIRECT link. I don't know if there's ANY link at all. I simply suggest that what you and I consider to be political rhetoric, some NUT might consider it to be permission to act.

That's why some of us think that ANY reference to violence by a political figure should be AVOIDED at all costs... Others, like you, think I'M the nut for even making the suggestion...

excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2011, 07:20 AM
    Hello again, J:

No one can, or ever will get into his head. I'm NOT saying that there's a DIRECT link. I don't know if there's ANY link at all. I simply suggest that what you and I consider to be political rhetoric, some NUT might consider it to be permission to act. That's why some of us think that ANY reference to violence by a political figure should be AVOIDED at all costs...

Others, like you, think I'M the nut for even making the suggestion...

excon
    The Hinkley defense or the Chapman defense ?
    Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 07:22 AM
    Hello again, J:

No one can, or ever will get into his head. I'm NOT saying that there's a DIRECT link. I don't know if there's ANY link at all. I simply suggest that what you and I consider political rhetoric, some NUT might consider it permission. That's why some of us think that ANY reference to violence by a political figure should be AVOIDED at all costs...

Others, like you, think I'M the nut for even making the suggestion...

excon
    I don't think you are a nut, but I think you don't understand a mind that does not have it's synapses firing correctly.

I see that the mentally ill might consider it permission, and I agree that references to political violence should be avoided at all costs.

The question at hand is how to do this? Do we raise taxes to reopen the state mental institutions?

We can't blame politics for these rants as there is another force at work here.

GAWD, I could go on and on, and finally this is a debate I could actually participate in. However, since I am up for 36 hours now... I think I'd rather be a med student rather than a nurse, I think I need to get some shut eye because I have to mentally prepare to give a deposition Monday morning.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2011, 07:43 AM
    Then take it to another thread as this one is going severely off topic from the OP.
    It that were the case then most Current Events threads would be closed. Let's keep things constant please.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 07:49 AM

Like it or not political violence is part of this countries history. Its even written into our constitution. After looking at the videos I see what he is saying. Maybe Im whacked because what he is doing is trying to open a mindset to an opinion.

Right now we do have several types of "money" and we do have a government trying to ban use of words as well as trying to change the fundemental meanings of the words we speak.

We are at a tipping point in this country where the people are at their wits end. Does it really make sense to anyone that our news tells us that when a white man says something bad (even if its true) against a black man its racism. And we are being more and more punished for our ideas. We all have the right to question.
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2011, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    And we are being more and more punished for our ideas.
    How are you being punished for your ideas??
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    How are you being punished for your ideas???
    Take a good look at any given day in the news. When someone forms an opinion and expesses it that isn't on the left they are labeled and called names in an atempt to atatch a negative stigma to them. Like the example previously given.
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2011, 08:07 AM
    Ah I see, it's all the "left's" (whoever that is) fault again. Carry on.
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 08:17 AM
    Ah I see, it's all the "left's" (whoever that is) fault again. Carry on.
    I didn't say it was their fault. It just seems its been happening more and more lately and the worst of it does come from representatives of the left.

Both sides seem to be reducing to name calling on a daily basis. Its bad for the country.
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2011, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    It just seems its been happening more and more lately and the worst of it does come from representatives of the left.
    I think that the only part you see, it happens on both sides.. a lot. Don't forget, it was a democrat that got shot.

Anyway best stay on topic 'lest this thread gets closed.
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 08:21 AM
    I think that the only part you see, it happens on both sides.. a lot. Don't forget, it was a democrat that got shot.

Anyway best stay on topic 'lest this thread gets closed.
    Agreed !!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 9, 2011, 08:23 AM

Since this is in Member discussions. I think we should let it ramble and take whatever course it does.

I haven't researched the incident or the possible influences on the shooter. I would suspect that we may never know what influenced him. So anything posted here is going to be mostly speculation. If you guys want to have fun speculating feel free.

In my opinion anyone committing acts of violence like this is not operating on all cylinders. ANYTHING could set his deranged mind off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SS rep payee [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm trying to find an agency in NYC that can serve as a representative payee for social security - the local SS office (as well as online) is useless! I don't know where to begin? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks much, H

View more questions Search